• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

FLEX Turn Lanes (FTL) and Related Projects - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, August 01, 2009, 09:36:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jgehrts

Quote from: Swamper77 on August 20, 2009, 12:48:27 AM
Cosmetic changes to textures are independent of the stop points themselves. The game makes the automata stop at the edges of the intersections if stop points are defined for those intersection tiles. The stop points are defined in the pathfiles, not on the textures.

-Jan

I suspected that stop points were controlled by the pathfile, but wasn't completely sure.  The ins and outs of all these mods blows my mind!

Leodido

Very nice project still, I was wondering if there was going to be some euro textures for this awesome mod?

Omnia, my first MD. Check it out!

Shadow Assassin

Quote from: Tarkus on September 01, 2009, 12:02:45 AM
If someone makes them. ;) 

-Alex

Euro textures will probably be handled by Andreas & the SFBT, but they've been quite busy with other things as of late... so it may be a while before we see Euro textures for the TuLEP.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

Andreas

Yeah, I'm rather busy at the moment with all kinds of stuff, but if someone makes Euro textures for those, I'll gladly update the ERTM. :)
Andreas

riiga

Well, I'm able to contribute to the Euro textures. Just send me one or a few of the textures, and I'll give it a try! ;)

- riiga

asd195

i've always thought of the ave with 2 left turn lanes but no one made it
Live YOUR life

j-dub

Well now, it looks like that wish finally has hit development.

simmaster07

iowndisciti

really good you guys. not to be rushing or anything, i just wanted to know, about what is the completetion percentage of this project?

also i might have a problem with the solid yellow lined turning lane incorperated on this project. being a driver from the state of michigan, when i play my UDI missions i usually drive the way your supposed to in michigan ( i.e. making right hand turns on red, not lane jumping for at least 30 seconds, merging 2 lanes over after making  coming from around a turn around, etcetera.) and sometime i see the other sim drivers driving like this too. now, im pretty sure that this is for everywhere, not just for michigan, but i don't think you are supposed to drive across double solid yellow lines, unless you want to die by oncoming traffic.

io_bg

Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

iowndisciti

Quote from: io_bg on September 11, 2009, 02:28:33 PM
iowndisciti, I think this is what you're looking for :P

well, i feel a little dense now   &sly

still though. excellent job guys

Tarkus

Quote from: iowndisciti on September 11, 2009, 02:22:56 PM
really good you guys. not to be rushing or anything, i just wanted to know, about what is the completetion percentage of this project?

We don't really have any idea--the project is still in the early stages, and we also have no real planned feature list for the first release at this point, so there's no real definition of "completion" even.

also i might have a problem with the solid yellow lined turning lane incorperated on this project. being a driver from the state of michigan, when i play my UDI missions i usually drive the way your supposed to in michigan ( i.e. making right hand turns on red, not lane jumping for at least 30 seconds, merging 2 lanes over after making  coming from around a turn around, etcetera.) and sometime i see the other sim drivers driving like this too. now, im pretty sure that this is for everywhere, not just for michigan, but i don't think you are supposed to drive across double solid yellow lines, unless you want to die by oncoming traffic.

I don't really get what you're asking here.  The solid yellow line setup used in the TuLEP pieces shown here is pretty much the exact same as it is anywhere in the US, aside from minor variation, so there's no conflict with Michigan traffic laws here.

-Alex

iowndisciti

Quote from: Tarkus on September 11, 2009, 02:50:21 PM
We don't really have any idea--the project is still in the early stages, and we also have no real planned feature list for the first release at this point, so there's no real definition of "completion" even.

I don't really get what you're asking here.  The solid yellow line setup used in the TuLEP pieces shown here is pretty much the exact same as it is anywhere in the US, aside from minor variation, so there's no conflict with Michigan traffic laws here.

-Alex

edit: ahh, i see where i went wrong, those are single yellow line, not doubled yellow lins. meaning they are safe to cross. the 800 sims who's lives will be saved by this clearification, and the TULEP project in general thank you  tarkus (lmao)

nerdly_dood

Quote from: iowndisciti on September 11, 2009, 02:58:45 PM

edit: ahh, i see where i went wrong, those are single yellow line, not doubled yellow lins. meaning they are safe to cross. the 800 sims who's lives will be saved by this clearification, and the TULEP project in general thank you  tarkus (lmao)

The MUTCD guidelines, which give recommendations for road construction in the USA, allows yellow lines to indicate a left-hand shoulder, or oncoming traffic, and a single, unbroken line means that crossing the line is discouraged. Double solid lines mean that crossing the line is prohibited, and single dashed yellow lines mean that you can pass vehicles in the oncoming-traffic lane as long as it is safe.

So a single yellow solid line means that you are discouraged from crossing the line, and should only do so in certain cases because it's often dangerous to do so. (Double yellow lines mean that if you cross the line, you're putting your life on the line, as well as other traffic.)
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

miggoycor

I am sorry if this seems off topic, but this project seems like a stem-off of NWM.

So, is NWM dead

(nice work, by the way! Can't wait!)
φ    =    1+√(5)
                ---------

≈ 1.6180339887

Tarkus

Quote from: miggoycor on September 12, 2009, 09:17:41 PM
So, is NWM dead

Nope, it's just comatose.  Development has gone private on the NWM and will stay that way until there's actual content to release.

-Alex

noahclem

Wow, this is great stuff guys! had no idea it was going on (too obsessed with any new possible developments in RHW i guess). I had a handful of suggestions/requests but after reading through the forum I think others covered anything I had in mind. Thanks again for all you do and I look forward to seeing the results of this project!

Patricius Maximus

QuoteWe don't really have any idea--the project is still in the early stages, and we also have no real planned feature list for the first release at this point, so there's no real definition of "completion" even.

I have confidence that based on your past work this TuLEP mod (what an acronym) will be completed in a reasonable timespan, judging from development pics.

Edit:  Removed unnecessary comment, please keep politics out of threads. Diggis

Edited post so it makes grammatical sense.

Ryan B.

Quote from: Patricius Maximus on September 18, 2009, 04:42:44 AM
But I have confidence that based on your past work this TuLEP mod (what an acronym) will be completed in a reasonable timespan, judging from development pics.

Please try to keep in mind that real life can (and often will) throw various sizes of monkey wrenches into even the best-laid NAM plans.