• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

FLEX Turn Lanes (FTL) and Related Projects - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, August 01, 2009, 09:36:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elyk11

hi Guys! i just have this thing in my mind about putting more lanes for the Avenues (like 6 lanes, 8 lanes avenue) it would be really nice to look at. and im excited with the NWM.. great job u guys!! :)  &apls :thumbsup:

Monorail Master

Geez, I just thought about this. Some one needs to at least put in yield signs at the exit of those slip lanes. But still, those slip lanes are kinda like the ones in SC3k
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination

carkid1998

Those slip lanes are nice! How about some give way signs on them?

Ryan :thumbsup:
Sendona... Coming soon!

Tarkus

Quote from: carkid1998 on August 17, 2009, 12:35:51 AM
How about some give way signs on them?

Well, first, I'm going to see about getting them all pathed and working properly.  But rest assured, they'll be there come release time.

And now for a sneak peek at another type of Avenue TuLEP . . . a rather tall one . . . ::)

-Alex

joelyboy911

SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

Shadow Assassin

Perfect for a SPUI. You might need on-slope ones soon though... ;)
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

woodb3kmaster

Are those pylons on the edges of the cells? That's just how I've always thought the elevated puzzle pieces should be! Excellent work, Alex!

Feel brand new. Be inspired.
NYHAVEN - VIEWS FROM WITHIN
Nuclear City - 5/8

JoeST

That is crazy awesome!, Are these overhauls going to be draggable?
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Leodido

Omnia, my first MD. Check it out!

carkid1998

Oh my God! I cannot wait for these! All Hail the mighty NAM team

Ryan:thumbsup:
Sendona... Coming soon!

kassarc16

Quote from: Tarkus on August 17, 2009, 01:58:23 AM
And now for a sneak peek at another type of Avenue TuLEP . . . a rather tall one . . . ::)

Your sleeves must be ripping at the seams, Alex!  &apls  :thumbsup:

On a related note, is there anyway to add proper traffic light functionality to elevated pieces? Currently they act like one-ways, i.e. cars do not stop.

j-dub

@kassarc16 The traffic lights for this project appear to be done differently then the current elevated pieces. The elevated turning lane pieces would need a different intersection anyway, so that should be an opportunity, but as for the existing elevated pieces, that would be a different project. The traffic light functionality based on the existing pieces use the Maxis lights. Yes, there are lights stuck on green on some of those pieces, but the reason why they don't change is because those do not have stop points/are not able too, i.e. OWR.

bob56

First off I think this project is AWESOME!!! I can't wait to see this in my game.

I have one Question: Since in-game car automata stop at traffic lights, will cars 'using' slip lanes be able to continue their path even if the side they came from has a red light? Or will they just use them when its green for them, or will they not have automata at all?

Thanks for all these projects. They are great!

-Grif
You can call me Grif

--Currently out of the office, will resume SC4 7/19

Ryan B.

The slip lanes should allow a continuous right (or left, depending on which side of the road you drive) turn, regardless of the signal indication.

I'm not sure how Alex is planning on setting this up, so I don't have any idea.

Tarkus

Regarding the slip lane traffic control--the single-lane ones you've seen will simply be yield controlled.  They'll end up working similar to how the similarly yield-controlled NAM Roundabouts work.

I am planning a dual-lane slip setup as well, which will be signalized.  It'll be awhile before I get to that point, though.

As far as the Elevated Avenue Intersection signals, we do actually have the animation process figured out now, so that'll be something we'll look into.  There will have to be a piece (or more precisely, pieces) made for the Elevated Avenue TuLEP intersections.

-Alex

Pat

Man Alex you so got me droooling here!!! Great stuff indeed!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

jgehrts

This may be a limitation of the stop points of the automata, but I had a thought earlier.  Lots of intersections with turn lanes now, it seems, have their left turn lane staggered back farther than the main lane of traffic.  That's so turning traffic doesn't have to swing around so far when turning.  Any thoughts on doing this in the texturing, or is it, as I mentioned, something that can't be done based on how the automata stop at an intersection?

Swamper77

Cosmetic changes to textures are independent of the stop points themselves. The game makes the automata stop at the edges of the intersections if stop points are defined for those intersection tiles. The stop points are defined in the pathfiles, not on the textures.

-Jan
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

Dino007

TIGR

j-dub

Tarkus was doing something similar like that where the traffic would switch sides before the RHW interchange, but I don't think like that with the turning arrows.