• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

"NAM Simulators February 2008: 97.7 GB"... please tell me this is wrong

Started by delta9, August 20, 2008, 03:51:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

delta9

My computer just started freaking out because it had a gig and some change left on the HD. Decided to do a little program sweeping and saw this:

:o This must be wrong... but I shall test anyway because... uh, damn.

---

SOO...

turns out it was the Street Addon Mod, and definitely wasn't 97 gigs... or NAM. What the...?

Diggis

thats bad.  The SAM file is somewhere around 10mb.  Not sure what you have there.

Andreas

Most likely, it's a display bug in Vista (that is Vista, isn't it?). If you check the file or folder in Windows Explorer, it should give you the proper size.
Andreas

nerdly_dood

Yes, that is windows vista.  The icons on the left for the NAM simulator and for SimCity 4 Deluxe don't look a thing like they should... And you might want to try deleting the NAM simulator file - if it takes a really long time then perhaps it was somehow inflated to 97GB, but if it takes just a few seconds then it's not displaying the right file size for some reason. (Those are just guesses but still they're advice of some sort)
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

j-dub

Talking about Vista here. I have Vista, and did not notice that. When I have taken a look at properties, I noticed it doesn't say the file size right at first, like Plugins, it has to seperately load that information for a time, untill accurate. I also noticed when I sorted folders some how, that this one way, it turns the one subfolder into the main folder. And I noticed another error where I had two folders in one spot, with the same name.  ()what() It does turn out to load SimCity 4 faster than XP though, compared to how much junk I have in the trunk, despite I no longer have Intel Inside.

toxicpiano

I find that alcohol, taken in sufficient quantities, can bring about all the effects of drunkenness.