• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Simmer's Lotting Lab.

Started by Simmer2, December 11, 2015, 07:24:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

matias93

The cooler facility... THAT'S FRIKIN'HUGE!!! All those big industrial buildings look like toys aside it...
Also, those hot air balloons are what's technically called "Korver-bait". I'm sure he'll find some impressive landscape to make them shine as they deserve!

"Lets be scientists and as such, remember always that the purpose of politics is not freedom, nor authority, nor is any principle of abstract character,
but it is to meet the social needs of man and the development of the society"

— Valentín Letelier, 1895

fantozzi

Tyberius06

Hi Nick!

You were busy while I was away! :) So the balloons are small, but lovely additions! :) I love them. And than we have those cooling towers. They look amazing! Great work on that! :)
Kinetic Wave Energy is something what is kind of new in RL and I don't recall to see in SC4 at all. It's amazing, how you managed to make it so fast ;) Thanks for this! Probably with your solar panels and with this little addition, I have my future energy utilities into my cities... :)
And than we have a nice roundabout gazeboo! Oh, that's so lovely! :) It will have place in my busy roundabout for sure.
And than we have this huge and amazing train station! I've got some idea with it! For sure it will get a nice place in one of my future cities, but those little stuffs what are coming with this station are so exciting! The clock, the new fences, the little well, the nice little controller house, the new textures and of course the well detailed main building and the shelter. Thanks for making them!

And thank you for releasing the balloons! :)

- Tyberius/Tibi
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

noahclem

Awesome work recently--incredible how much goes on here when I feel like I just looked away for a few days :D  I'm particularly excited about the kinetic wave energy and, of course, the station! Love the elephant statues in front too :)  Is that smaller building at the corner of the lot also a new creation? Looks great  :thumbsup: The head house is really impressive, with the coal smoke-coated industrial revolution era stonework almost giving off an abandoned insane asylum vibe. Is the platform a separate prop? I'm interested in lotting a 3xDTR station with it if possible sometime down the road. Keep up the awesome work  &apls &apls

Simmer2

Thanks Matias

Danke fantozzi

Welcome back Tibi

Noa The shelter is separate but the one I made for the station has baked in platforms. I did this to avoid clipping issues with the objects within the LOD's. However I did render a simpler version with nothing baked in, just for you :) It will be included in SM2 Mega Prop Pack Vol3. The base design is for dual DTR BUT it could be used with triple DTR by moving it in place. A custom texture with multiple tracks can also be used to simulate a busier environment.

Here are a couple of pics of the simpler shelter.

Simmer2
________________________________________________________________________________

noahclem

Oh, thanks buddy  :bnn:  You are the best!!! I named a coastal tile for you a few weeks ago and will now be pondering any extra cool things to do in Simmerdale ;)

Simmer2

Woot-Woot-woot....(helicopter sound?)

I created this a while ago and wanted to share a few pics with ya.

SM2 Barrow Heliport

Simmer2

________________________________________________________________________________

mattb325

Awesome. A very much under-represented area of the game and I love the wind sock   :thumbsup:

CasperVg

Looks great! :thumbsup: Will you mod it into a functional airport?
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

Simmer2

Thanks Matt.

@CasperVg Dunno if its even possible. PIM-X is borked when it comes to airport lots. I tried every line on that subject but it returns errors every time you try to create an airport lot, even when you try to make an eye candy airport lot.

Heck, I had to open a pre-existing airport lot just to be able to grab the Occupant Groups ID so that mine would show up under the airport menu.

Suggestions on the above subject are welcome.

Simmer2

Seaman

The heliport is great. Maybe, it would look a little bit more realistic if some of the pads would be empty?

by the way: where does the heli model actually come from? It's gorgeous!

Tyberius06

Hi Nick!

Lovelly addition.
To answere Seaman's question, it's coming from the Simmer2 BAT Industries. He makes all of his models.
I like this concept. Thanks for taking care of it.

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.

Kitsune

Quote from: Simmer2 on February 08, 2019, 07:12:55 AM
Thanks Matt.

@CasperVg Dunno if its even possible. PIM-X is borked when it comes to airport lots. I tried every line on that subject but it returns errors every time you try to create an airport lot, even when you try to make an eye candy airport lot.

Heck, I had to open a pre-existing airport lot just to be able to grab the Occupant Groups ID so that mine would show up under the airport menu.

Suggestions on the above subject are welcome.

Simmer2

I seem to recall ... from 10+ years ago .. that anything in the airport menu needs to be added to the airport control file thingie or else it could lead to crashes. Again though ... that was a looong time ago.
~ NAM Team Member

Andreas

A functional airport will have to receive special modding, which can be quite tedious indeed. For making it available together with other custom airports, it would be necessary to add it to the BSC Airport Controller file. When I made the SFBT Airport Shuttle bus station, I tried to avoid tinkering with that file, since the whole purpose was to get rid of the need of building airports altogether, so I used a copy of the Maxis airport controller file and added my shuttle lot only. However, I had to test it quite a bit, and made a few errors myself, resulting in CTD's. Not sure how far you want to dive into airport modding, but I'd say, in this case, an eye-candy lot is much simpler to make.
Andreas

Simmer2

@Seaman...what Tibi said  ;)

Thanks Tibi

@Kitsune and Andreas Aye I figured that much. When the time comes I will released it as an eye candy lot but with a twist  :P

These next 3 lots are ready to go and are 1x1 sculptures made for the smaller NAM roundabout. They will be release individually soon.

Simmer2

Tyberius06

Hi Nick!

You always surprise me with these little but really usefull gems. New columns/sculptures and fountains are always welcome, specially because they can be reuseable in many ways. I was visiting a couple of spanish towns during my last holiday, and I was amused how many different good looking roundabout fontains and decorations they have... They have roundabouts in almost every mayor and sometimes minor intersections, so I got a bunch of inspirations. These new squlptures are just right on time! :)
Thanks for them!

- Tyberius

PaPa-J

These are outstanding, nice work as always simmer2.
Lighten up, just enjoy life,
smile more, laugh more,
and don't get so worked up
about things.

monkeywater

That heliport is amazing.  Any plans to release it?

Simmer2

Thanks guys!

@monkeywater Eventually.....

Anyone ever seen this in game? Diamond slip lane intersection monument.

Simmer2

Tyberius06

Hi!

The design of the monument is really nice. I like the water texture as well. From here is more or less a NAM (more likely REW) question. Is it or will be possible to split OWR2 this way? It's working with road as I see, quite nicely!
Anyway I like this monument! Awesome work!

- Tyberius