• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Simmer's Lotting Lab.

Started by Simmer2, December 11, 2015, 07:24:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alan_Waters

Awesome!  &apls &apls &apls
Very similar to the monument to Minin and Pozharsky on Red Square in Moscow.

Akallan

Beautiful, I love this crossroad that goes diamond! :popcorn:
My CJ :

My european road textures project : S N T - v.2.1

tomvsotis

Quote from: Simmer2 on February 12, 2019, 12:09:00 AM

Anyone ever seen this in game? Diamond slip lane intersection monument.

Oh, what a cool idea!

Simmer2

Indeed it is the Minin and Pozharsky monument. It came out somewhat blocky but its good enough for the closest zoom.  However I have never seen anyone make that kind of intersection, perhaps I will not release it due to it being such a niche item. It would be interesting to see anyone make that kind of slip lane crossroad though.

Thank you everyone.

So I was traveling my map and came across this peculiar old lot. Seems abandoned and overgrown with vegetation. One wonders what kind of factory was it in its hay days.
It looks to be 100 years old? The building seem to be about to crumble in a heap of old rotten timbers!

Here are some pics I took with my trusty drone.

Simmer2
________________________________________________________________________________

Tyberius06

Hi Nick!
Nice old building, but I'm more curious about the STR ending next to it. I know you have been working on a T21 mod for RRW (you already released the first part which changed the bumpers/wheel stops) and it's working fine with DTR endings (according to previous pictures), but if I recall correctly, you said, you having trouble implement it to STR endings. Did you manage to solve that problem? I assume those STR endings are not LOTs. They look really nice and impressive either way!

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

Alan_Waters

Magnificent cargo station for remote rural areas.  :thumbsup:

Simmer2

@Alan_Waters Thank you

@Tibi Both DTR and STR issues have been resolved. However this next mod I'm releasing will focus on Ortho DTR and STR only. Diagonals will come later. Only the rail bumper appear on diagonals at the moment and will stay that way after the next phase.

I managed to compile a huge prop family library therefore the possible permutations on end rail stubs are in the 10's of thousands. 17 different railcars and 20+ clutter props. I could click on the end rail stubs 1000's of times and never get the same combo again. 

Here is another example.

Simmer2
________________________________________________________________________________

Tyberius06

Awesome work, Nick! This RRW DTR/STR T21 mod will be fantastic. It will make the endings so lively, real. And the variations, what you described, really nice work! :)
Also I really like the new Rail Bits, the water towers (I'm not sure which if any was released and which is new), the additional buildings. The previosly showed old buildings is still looking fantastic, and the lotting work is awesome! I like that little detail, that the ground under the dead tree is not grass, but sand/soil.  Also I'm not sure if I see correctly, but did you use your prop rail tracks (or as new set) on that lot? It looks that way, which is an awesome detail!

Thanks, Man!

- Tibi
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.

mattb325

All very cool...the lighting, concept...everything. The diagonal slip lane fountain could be released without needing it to be a roundabout. I'm sure it would get a lot of traction in the 'show us your parks' threads  ;)

Simmer2

@Tibi Yes I used my 3d rails on that lot ;)

@Matt Great idea!

Here is another mod, especially for CJ makers. No more diagonal zigzag.......
Works for any diagonal network. This pic depicts low wealthing. Oh and its fully compatible with any MMP you choose.

Simmer2

Jack_wilds

love the model railroad scenes...  :)

fantozzi

I love the picture in reply #2086. Nothing of this was possible in 2005, the girafe trees, the lifelike props, the HD rail cars, the whole authentic an punchy scene. When you did play a long time you don't notice the small changes every year how far content creators did push the content. To me this picture shows perfectly the evolution.
Nick's content is such a visual step forward. One should try to recreate a similar scene with the base game content to understand how far custom content pushed this game forward. There may be citibuilders better then the old base game. But there's nothing under the sun to top this.

Thank you.

CT14

That's a great idea to put extra props at the ends of rail lines! Can't wait to use it.

Simmer2

Thank you C14 and Jack_wilds.

Fantozzi I could not have explained better myself &apls

Here is a little update on the Heliport (new and improved markings and several new props).

Also introducing SM2 Yorkdale Subway and Bus Hub for the avenue roundabout. Modern and classic at the same time. Works as intended!

Simmer2

Alan_Waters

As always - very natural and amazing!  &apls

Tyberius06

Hi Nick!

Heliport looks better with this new version (I liked the previously shown version too). Fire-heli and a fire truck is a nice touch!  &apls &apls Also the "radar-office" is a nice addtion. Thanks for making it! :)
I like this new Yorkdale Hub, roundabout stations are rare, and you are coming up publicly with the second one in a short time, really nice! Is the top part of the building working as an observation terrace for tourists? Anyway it's a really nice and clever building!
Thanks!

- Tyberius

Andreas

The heliport is coming along nicely! For some reason, I really like that red container trailer - it's a simple prop, but it has that "certain something". Oh yeah, and you really need to give one of the helicopters an "Airwolf" (from the 80's TV show) painting. ;)
Andreas

Simmer2

Thank you everyone!

@Andreas I looked at that color scheme and did not like it. Its just a dark gray with a while belly. Gmax does not like to render reflective surfaces that well and that metallic gray color would look like crap. Once I have 3dsMax up and running I will consider it.

SM2 Yorkdale Subway and Bus Hub Is now available here https://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3764

Simmer2

PaPa-J

Thanks Simmer2! This is a great lot.
Lighten up, just enjoy life,
smile more, laugh more,
and don't get so worked up
about things.

mattb325

Great work. I love watching the sims trip types represented by the arrows. It's more like a drunken trip home at 3am than a morning commute  :P