• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Simmer's Lotting Lab.

Started by Simmer2, December 11, 2015, 07:24:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simmer2

Thanks everyone! SM2 The Pit is a symbolic lot, obviously not reality based therefore I will not waste time making it minion friendly  :D

I have always wondered....in a desalination plant, do they take the salt out of the water or the water out of the salt?  :P

Either way, here is a small footprint desalination plant. SM2 Desalination Plant

Simmer2
________________________________________________________________________________

fantozzi

Me,personally, instead of naming it "water",I'd prefer to put some logo on the water tanks (international usabillity?).

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/de/thumb/6/62/Hamburg_Wasser_logo.svg/2000px-Hamburg_Wasser_logo.svg.png

Something like this.

Thank you for your brilliant work. &apls I should do RL things.

But you unleashed a desire burried deep inside, the little lotting devil, you awoke him again. I can't resist him any longer, I'm to weak ...  :'( ...aargh. Go away evil beast! Don't seduce me with all those beautifull creations.

Stop ... oh ... please ... stop ... my body ... my skin ... burning ...can't resist ...
:'( ...
... ah, come on. Take me.Take me, sweet lotting devil. I'm all yours ...

Tyberius06

Wow, it looks pretty good to me.  &apls &apls
I like the new props, the seawall section looks nice with the little bit rusty guard rail. Keep up the good work... More waterfront objects, more joy! :) I could imagine that seawall as a new modular prop set ;)

Thanks for making these!

- Tyberius

ps: but could you make the water tanks pink? with a little purple-ish? ;)
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

Andreas

I agree about that big "WATER" label on the storage tanks looking a bit odd. Maybe it's a cultural thing, and such things carry such generic labels in your neck of the world (I noticed this with mattb325's buldings as well, like the generic "FIRE STATION" label on his new fire station), but personally, I've never seen such a kind of thing. There would be some designed logo, or at least some company name (maybe "Meerwasserentsalzungsanlage Hamburg" [Hamburg desalination plant] in Germany) - or just use your fictional "SM2" corporation. ;)

Maxis deliberately omitted written text on the items of the game, so it would suit non-English speakers as well, too. Anyway, this isn't a complaint, just an observation that I made (which counts for various other BATTers as well), and I thought I'd mention it here. The model itself looks fantastic alright, and I always thought the desalination plant was lacking in SC4, while it was present in former incarnations of the game (I guess it got cut out because they didn't manage to add surface/fresh water, so the former oceans/salt water became some universal water source).
Andreas

Simmer2

Thanks Tibi, Andreas and Fantozzi (lol let the little lotting devil take you)

I agree on replacing the written word "Water" with a simplified universal logo.

I think this one is pretty obvious.

Simmer2
________________________________________________________________________________

jaredh

Desalination is all about evaporation I believe.  They take the salt out by causing the water to evap and then trapping the vapor in another chamber where it becomes pure (non-salty) water.

ramrec

Well, not really. Although there are diverse methods for desalination, the most extended one is that using inverse osmosis. It means a kind of highly sophisticated filtration through special membrane filters that removes all the salt and leaves almost pure water.

Simmer2

My 1000th post!!!

ramrec and jaredh

Both method are valid.

Well here is a completely revamped version. I redid all the props and added new ones.
I have also included a no water version pic to show the actual seawall, plus I made a separate 4 water tank array which can be plopped separately if you wish to add more water tanks in the vicinity of the main lot.

Simmer2

Gugu3

AsimPika3172

Best lot ever!  &apls &apls &apls Plus, congratulations for getting 1000 posts!  :thumbsup: :D
I loves Sim City forever!

paddy0174

Congratulations, 1000 posts!  :bnn: ;D

And nearly all of them bring great, great new lots to the game! Thank you! :)

Oh btw, I can't think of anyone who need water more than oil or fuel. Ending our ressources fast and forever should be more important than desaltinating water....oh wait, that was the other way around....  :D :D :D :D Nevermind, then I'm patiently waiting for the expansion pack for the fuel terminal...  $%Grinno$% $%Grinno$%

Thanks Nick, I for one really appreciate, what you are doing for SC4 and for me and my spare free time, in making it more fun! Thanks alot!  :thumbsup:
Back to the game after nine years - and everyday I find something totally new! :)

Kitsune

Its not just the lot... that terrian is A++++++ as well !
~ NAM Team Member

paddy0174

That terrain is the "Berner Oberland" from Gobias, my favourite terrain as well...

Get it here:
http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2834

and

http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3322
Back to the game after nine years - and everyday I find something totally new! :)

fantozzi

Akallan

Wow, great BAT! It's missing a lot about water treatment, and it's a wonderful idea to have a water treatment plant on the coast! &apls
My CJ :

My european road textures project : S N T - v.2.1

Simmer2

Thanks everyone!!

Fantozzi, thank you for the ribbon :D It even has my name on it.

Here is a glimpse of the next phase of Spurs. Its about time I introduced volume number2 after 2 years.
I created a new set of universal RRW overlay tiles to be used for almost every combination of spurs imaginable.  STR-DTR-TTR and QTR. Shown here is just 1 design

Simmer2

Tyberius06

Hi!

It looks nice, also congrats for the 1000 posts! :)
I like the new version of the desilation plant and the water tanks look good too.
Thanks for making them!

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

Simmer2

Thanks Tibi

Oh well...

I think a first...GLR quad spur...

Simmer2

Kitsune

Do I see someone willing to do a new GLR texture to replace the Rural set ??  ;D
~ NAM Team Member

Simmer2

Quote from: Kitsune on October 06, 2018, 04:14:59 PM
Do I see someone willing to do a new GLR texture to replace the Rural set ??  ;D

It is a possibility...
Little update on SM2 Saturn V

Simmer2