• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

WIP - Arinsia

Started by feyss, June 17, 2012, 12:22:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

feyss

Hi everybody,

Here it is, the district of Hollogne  ;)

8. OLSÈNES - HOLLOGNE

Quote"Hollogne", also known as "Hollogne-Saint-Pierre" is the 18th district of the city.

1. The district is also divided in 4 quarter. Here is simply "Hollogne", the center of the district, known for its abbey.

2. "Bas-Hollogne", with the Hogne river and the Saint-Peter Church. (Well, I know... It look like I took a picture of my screen %wrd )

3. "Arnières", known for its habitation towers.

4. And "Belmont", a residential suburb.

And bonus, the names of all the disctrict expected in my city:

Hope you like it.  ;D

Replies

Quote from: Kergelen on August 04, 2014, 03:31:20 AM
Nice and amazing work as always. Very realistic &apls

Thank you very much  :thumbsup:

Quote from: art128 on August 04, 2014, 04:17:12 AM
Absolutely fantastic picture. The way you've built around the river and slops is awesome. Can't wait to see the full update. :)

Thank you too Arthur  ;)

vortext

Very nice!  &apls

The flats near the highway are excellent, however, imho the transition from w2w to single suburbian homes is too abrupt - in the last pic especially. Usually at the edge of a city there're some empty plots, industrial warehouses here and there, a few run down sheds perhaps. And in general suburban development tends to be more spread out anyway, so to attract people who wish to have more space and less people around them.

At any rate, given the list of districts we have plenty to look forward to. Keep up the good work! :thumbsup:
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

Gugu3

Schulmanator

Impressive! I Like it and am eager to see more.
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

feyss

Hi everybody,

I wanted to do something different from the last updates. I was a little bored with cities, I wanted more nature  :D

So, it's the first time I use a tree controller and that I take a real look to my MMP menu. Pieces of advice are welcome  ;)

(Sorry, I forgot to erase the little white square on the edge of the pictures)

9. VIADUC DE BELLEVAUX

Hope you liked it.  :thumbsup:

Replies

Quote from: vortext on August 13, 2014, 03:17:15 AM
Very nice!  &apls

The flats near the highway are excellent, however, imho the transition from w2w to single suburbian homes is too abrupt - in the last pic especially. Usually at the edge of a city there're some empty plots, industrial warehouses here and there, a few run down sheds perhaps. And in general suburban development tends to be more spread out anyway, so to attract people who wish to have more space and less people around them.

At any rate, given the list of districts we have plenty to look forward to. Keep up the good work! :thumbsup:

Thank you for your comment. I agree with you that sometimes the difference is too abrupt but it's not easy because there is not a huge quantity of transition building to download. So, I try to put the limit between middle and low density with the slopes. What I tried to do is a residential and low density quarter located on a hill near the center of the city like some part of Liège or Namur in Belgium. So, it's not really a suburb, but it's not either the center of the city (Well ist' not easy to explain). For the empty plots and the industrial warehouses, they are expected in the valley in the south of the city. I want to build here an industrial and poor quarter.

Quote from: Gugu3 on August 13, 2014, 08:08:57 AM
Lovely pics ;)

Thank you too.  :thumbsup:

Quote from: Schulmanator on August 14, 2014, 08:39:58 AM
Impressive! I Like it and am eager to see more.

Thanks a lot.  ;)

Dantes

It is always nice to look in your area! Your bridge is fantastic designed. I like like the environment.

Bipin

Very nice work. Your scenes are a symphony for the eyes.  &apls

Schulmanator

See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

vortext

time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

art128

It seems you excel in both urban and rural landscaping. Fantastic work with the MMPs. :)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Shark7

Very nicely done.  Lots of details in there.

#4 is my favorite image of this bunch.

noahclem

Great updates  &apls  The bridges in the last are fantastic!

feyss

Hi everybody,

I have a bad and a good news.

The bad one is that I can't play with Olsènes for the moment. I copied my Sim City folder to my laptop because I'm 4 months abroad and I wanted to continue the city. But... as if by chance the only city who doesn't appear on the map is Olsènes of course...  :-[

So, for the moment, I'm doing something else and that's the good news: I wanted to show it to you. The project is a middle size city on middle mountains with a river in the middle and some industry in one side. Now, I know it would take me two months to have some good pictures to show.  :D

Yeah, for the moment that resembles nothing  ;D.

Replies

Quote from: Dantes on August 27, 2014, 03:41:33 AM
It is always nice to look in your area! Your bridge is fantastic designed. I like like the environment.

Thank you. Always a pleasure to read your comments.  :thumbsup:

Quote from: Bipin on August 27, 2014, 10:45:22 AM
Very nice work. Your scenes are a symphony for the eyes.  &apls

Thank you too.  :)

Quote from: Schulmanator on August 31, 2014, 05:36:30 AM
Very nice! I'm impressed :D

Thanks a lot  ;)

Quote from: vortext on September 03, 2014, 09:22:39 AM
Nice change of scenery!  :thumbsup:

Thanks. It's nice to see enthusiast people when you try something different.  :thumbsup:

Quote from: art128 on September 20, 2014, 03:00:01 AM
It seems you excel in both urban and rural landscaping. Fantastic work with the MMPs. :)

Thank you arthur. I don't think I used so much MMP's but thanks. But it's nice to change sometimes  :)

Quote from: Shark7 on September 20, 2014, 11:45:24 AM
Very nicely done.  Lots of details in there.

#4 is my favorite image of this bunch.

Thanks too.   ;)

Quote from: noahclem on September 20, 2014, 11:51:15 AM
Great updates  &apls  The bridges in the last are fantastic!

Thank you noah.  :thumbsup:

benedict

Sorry to hear about your game issues.

And very interesting to see the start of a new area - I am amazed that you can turn in to an Arinsian city - can't wait for the result, although I suppose I have to be patient for 2 months.
Click on the banner to celebrate!

feyss

Hi guys. I know a didn't post a lot recently but I didn't really have the time to play... Hoppefully, my MD didn't disappear in the Inactive MD thread. I give you here an idea of my next update.  ;)

Other pictures will come soon.  :thumbsup:

(you can click for the real size)

Hope you like it.  :)

Replies

Quote from: benedict on October 21, 2014, 06:38:42 AM
Sorry to hear about your game issues.

And very interesting to see the start of a new area - I am amazed that you can turn in to an Arinsian city - can't wait for the result, although I suppose I have to be patient for 2 months.

I Ben. Thank you for your post. Hoppefully, I achieve to recover Olsènes by deleting the neighbour non-built cities. I don't know why but it worked. My only problem now is that the botttom of the river changed I don't know how... So its looks now a little ugly with the river banks... I hope there is a solution because I'm not sure I want to terraform this again. And sorry, it's more than two months...  :-[

Gugu3

It looks amazing!can't wait for thee next update :thumbsup:

vester

benedict

The rail line looks amazing. So pleased you're back with a new update.
Click on the banner to celebrate!

belfastsocrates

Love that river scene, some fantastic MMP work. Very impressive overall as well, I'm surprised I hadn't commented in here before.
A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

jeckyll