• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

JP Schriefer's BATs

Started by JP Schriefer, August 10, 2015, 07:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JP Schriefer

My last release in 2016 and my first release in 2017 to some of you :)

1001 6th Avenue from NYC: http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3478

I was tired with the other buildings I'm doing and decided to relax looking for something nice and not so complicated, then I made this one last days. I'm also doing a big one from Buenos Aires I plan to show soon.

Tyberius06

Nice one! I hope we can enjoy your creations in the next year as well! :)  &apls &apls &apls

Happy New Year! :)
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

JP Schriefer

Tyberius06: thank you, mate :)
Happy New Year \o/

So my New Year's Eve was like

I was excited today and I modeled a big part of the Kemper Building, from Chicago. However I have no idea what are those things in the roof, the only thing I could identify was the air conditioner. The image I used as a base there I get from GE. Do you guys know what are those other things there, especially that rectangle line?
And I'm not sure if I add the Kemper logo as the original there or not.

Oh and don't worry about textures, I'll improve them after figure out the roof.

reddonquixote

Not sure if this helps:

The 'rectangle line' appears to be fencing, and the structure with the reddish colour seems to be some kind of ancient looking exhaust vent. I assume you have worked out there's a skylight. Finally, my guess would be the object centered on the roof is an antenna/satellite dish.

Definitely include the logo.. did I mention I love logos on buildings?  :D

Nice work with 1001 6th avenue btw  :thumbsup:
Pay heed to the tales of old wives. It may well be that they alone keep in memory what it was once needful for the wise to know.

JP Schriefer

Thank you very much, reddonquixote :)

I'm having problems to export Kemper Building, it's ready but the BAT is always looking distorted. I already re-exported, changed the scene, did the LODs again..nothing works. It happened once with the Magnolia Building and some days later it just worked like if everything was just normal all the time -.-
So it made me angry and I'll give it a try next days.

Meanwhile I continued the Singer Building I started some months ago. I stopped when someone uploaded it to STEx. But this one is my favourite building from all times and I really want it with Darknite version :P
The first tricky part is done - all those ornaments on the tower, now comes the base. Depending on the file size at the end of modelling I'm thinking about do the building with its originals characteristics, it was way more detailed. Since the building doesn't exist anymore and there isn't much information about it, I have no idea how the other façades looks like, I mean, it's easy to find how the base's corner façades look like, but I couldn't find the others. If I don't figure it out I'll do them like I saw in a model from Sketchup. Found it \o/

Simmer2

Hi Schriefer.

There are 4 AC units, 2 small exhausts, 1 main heating system exhaust, 1 small vent and an access point on that roof.
The "fence" is actually a low profile lighting rod. 12 anchors on the long side and 8 on the short side. The "ground wire" running from anchor to anchor is about 12 inches from the PVC roof.

(Sorry mods for the wider pic)

Nick

Vester: Added width=1024 to the image tags.
________________________________________________________________________________

vester

That is some serious good modelling.  :thumbsup:

JP Schriefer

Simmer2: thank you very much. After reddonquixote comment I found a way to model everything and I made them exactly as the components you said as well :)

vester: thank you :)

There are still a lot of things to model on the base, but I decided to start testing some textures and I like none of them to be honest. Tips are welcome.

I decided to put the building in a real image \o/

Krasner

This Singer Building is getting excellent  :thumbsup:

In my opinion the brick texture is too big compared to the smallest windows, and I think that the grout is a little bit too bright compared to the bricks themselves. Copper texture is too dark, and not enough contrasted. I guess it should look better if it distincts a little bit more from the roofing. It's just my opinion  :)
ANARCHIST !!

Sciurus

Nice one. I'm impatient seeing it growing in my city :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

Tarkus

This is really impressive stuff, Schriefer! :thumbsup:  The attention to detail is superb, and I look forward to seeing the finished product.

-Alex

JP Schriefer

Thanks, guys :)

So after some deep searching I finally found some good Singer Building projects and floor plans and then I found out that that base building was 7 meters lower than mine and the tower was like 4,5 wider than mine, so I've to resize it, after that I'll bring it here with the new texture configurations and measures :)

As you probably already noticed, to each building I finish, I start 840 other projects, so here I go with the Cidade Jardim Corporate Center, from the city of São Paulo. There are 3 buildings in the complex, but I'll release them separately, I'm just doing them all together. In two of them I just need to finish small things on the base.

JP Schriefer

I'm sorry about double posting, but I like to keep my threads on SC4Devotion and ST synchronized :D

If someone is interested, here's where I found an amazing old book about the Singer Building, it's worth reading it: https://archive.org/details/historyofsingerb00semsrich

T Wrecks said on my thread he likes 500 5th Avenue, the thing is I'm doing it and then I had to post it :D
Old renders:

I'll take advantage of the fact that I'm showing off this old render from 500 5th Avenue to say something I should have said earlier. In recent weeks I have received messages from some members asking about some models that I have not shown for some time, such as Maracanã, Copacabana Palace, Hearst Tower and that residential building. My apartment has been undergoing renovations since November of last year - yes it's a huge renovation - and it's so messy that we've been staying at my aunt's house for all this time. However, when we left home I forgot to sync my Dropbox from the other computer where I usually do the BATs, where I keep my files, so I only have old versions of some of them and I prefer to wait to go home to continue them. They are: Maracanã, Copacabana Palace, Hearst Tower, 500 5th Avenue, Prypiat Azure Pool, Parc Avignon, Colégio Loyola, Mineirão, German Apartments, Skatteskrapan, Palácio Tiradentes, Sophia Building. Basically all the recent projects I've been showing I started in the last months.

APSMS

Well, it's great to get an update from you. Hope the renovation goes smoothly.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

JP Schriefer

Thanks APSMS :)

I finished this little one today, 15 Goitacazes Street is now on the LEx:

http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3486

manga rivotra

500 5th avenue is a true beauty !  :thumbsup: I especially like decorations at the top and i'm really looking forward playing with.
Good to know you don't have loose the others files ! ;)

JP Schriefer

manga rivotra: thank you very much! I realized Aaron Graham and Vlasky also have 500 5th Avenue in progress, so maybe you see that building faster than you think if they finish before me :D

32 Court Street is now on the LEx: http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3487

I started to texture the Cidade Jardim towers trying to have a visually better blue colour in the helipad:

manga rivotra

QuoteI realized Aaron Graham and Vlasky also have 500 5th Avenue in progress, so maybe you see that building faster than you think if they finish before me :D
In fact, i'll wait for your version  ;)
And thanks you for the 15 Goitacazes Street and the 32 Court street. This are great W2W additions, always usefull.  :thumbsup:
I am curious to see how you will make Lots for the Cidade Jardim towers.  :popcorn:

bombardiere

Thank you for the 32 Court Street. :)

I have played many years, but now for the first time I am building a US dedicated city. And what would be a better place to begun than 1890 Chicago. While this building is bit later, it still fit nicely into that theme. :)

However I want say something without hopefully sounding overly critical. I know you have your style, but I hope you could add some effect to the textures. Especially to this green roof. In my opinion it is too plain and would benefit some streaks and grime. Subtle yes, but still some effect.

When look at large object from afar then shades and etc make slight changes and the colour is not uniform. At close up the human eye does not see these subtle variations and no doubt your model look great in the 3D program. However the SC4 is focused in the birdeye view and in my opinion your buildings look bit too sterile.

All right, I am not great with texturing and I struggle and make a lot of mistakes. It is hard to make this perfect.

Simmer2

Cidade Jardim towers look amazing!

I have to concur with bombardiere's assertion regarding aging the textures on certain key points.

I call it "weathering"

Simmer2/Nick
________________________________________________________________________________