• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Gransimtenango

Started by manga rivotra, June 29, 2015, 12:06:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brick_mortimer

Thanks for the beautiful update!

Your cities are an inspiration for mine (although mine don't look half as good  $%Grinno$%)
Busier than a one legged man in an ass kicking contest
Me no coffee function without so good

Bipin

Love, love love the work you're doing! Fantastic images!  &apls

Nanami

Pretty nice looking hilly city there!
also.. the MMP is really eye catching!

manga rivotra

re-hosted  ()stsfd()

Update 22

Hello
@ Themistokles, compdude787, reddonquixote, kbieniu7, Akallan, Seaman, brick_mortimer, Bipin, Nanami
Thank you for all your great comment, it makes me very happy !  ;D

To start this year 2017, here is a brand new tile never shown before. No surprise, it is anything but flat and was very complicated to realize although it is only a small tile.
It is a small town built on hills between 2 rivers whose confluence is located in full geographical center. One of the rivers includes a lake about ten meters deep in the heights, while the other loses a large part of its flow in swamps. On the the edge of second one can be found the remains of an old factory today abandoned and a pleasant forest.
Although small, this city remains densely populated because ultimately not far away from the central districts of Gransimtenango.

First an overview from west but if you click on it, it'll become an huge ingame zoom 5 view

Second overview from south, ingame zoom 5 pic if you click normal river made with RFR prop MMPs (STEX)

From East, overview of the dry river from the swamps,, ingame zoom 5 pic if you click dry river bed made with nbvc and Murimk rock and sand from Heblem (STEX)

Details of the swamps and the old factory Factory slopy friendly from c.p. of course and swamp water made with custom texture + Girafe feather grass and cattails

Details on main church from north, ingame zoom 6 pic if you click on it

And to finish, detail in autumn from south, ingame zoom 5 pic if you click
405. Church from Vnaoned (VIP on LEX), cemetery from SFBT (re-loted)

I hope you like it, thanks.  :)

feyss

Great work, as usual  :thumbsup:

I like the rivers, the 'normal' one and the dry one   ;)

Nanami

Yet another great update! :thumbsup:
I guess the factory did something toward that dried river and the swamp?

Themistokles

Wonderful update and spectacular city as always :thumbsup: I love the way you've made the waterways weave through the quite steep forest city. And btw, I'm almost feeling at home with all those firs! :D
Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

Tyberius06

Oh Dear!!!!  &apls &apls &apls &apls
Spectecular pictures! That monistery on the edge? What is that, and the "slop"wall what you used? It's a masterpiece! Don't you want to release some your custom contents? They are amaing!!!  &apls &apls &apls

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

manga rivotra

@ feyss and Themistokles :
Thanks for the nice comment !  ;D
@ Nanami :
This plant has certainly pumped a lot of water in the swamp and can be dumped some waste, but as you see it is now abandoned .... so the swans can wade in peace.  ::)
@ Tyberius06 :
QuoteSpectecular pictures! That monistery on the edge?
The monastery is actually a church of Vnaoned (VIP team) downloadable on the LEX.
Quoteand the "slop"wall what you used?
The walls are from Uki and you can find them here at the bottom of the page http://uki-sim.seesaa.net/archives/201211-1.html
QuoteDon't you want to release some your custom contents? They are amaing!!!
In fact, I've literally done thousands of lots since I play this game, but it's impossible for me to share them. Because I use essentially invisible buildings (created with the PIM-X) for which I choose the statistics wanted before choosing the houses or other buildings to put on the lots by having them previously changed to PROP. This means that I have hundreds of different SC4Desc files for the PROPs and Bats that are running in my Plugins folder. Moreover, for simple house on a lot 1X2 I use counting the textures about 15 to 20 dependencies often from different pack, which is redditory for 95% of the players who would like to download, and i have a lot of more big lot....
And to add more, practically all my lots include overlays textures that « extend » the pattern of the specific sidewalk I downloaded years ago, on a few meters on my lots. Now, for these textures, I never asked for IDs and I therefore use the IDs of old downloaded textures, which obviously makes them no shareable. Maybe the only thing i can share is some MMPs but i don't knwow how to put a file in a post. Sorry  &mmm

Badsim

How it is courageous to urbanize such hilly environment !  ::) Certainly the most difficult thing to achieve with SC4 , at least to my eyes as I did always  avoid it like the plague !  :D Seaman said it prefectely : respect to keeping that nice looking !  &apls That said , Update 20 was my favorite , and some previous ones too ( not numbered ) , your MMP skill is everywhere visible ( the beach was something too !  :o ) , but your other skills like LotEditing is sometimes less highlighted most of all when we're not familiar with the original custom content used ...  ;) ( that's why I take the time many often to explain what I'm doing .)

Quote from: manga rivotra on February 22, 2017, 07:26:43 AM

In fact, I've literally done thousands of lots since I play this game, but it's impossible for me to share them. Because I use essentially invisible buildings (created with the PIM-X) for which I choose the statistics wanted before choosing the houses or other buildings to put on the lots by having them previously changed to PROP. This means that I have hundreds of different SC4Desc files for the PROPs and Bats that are running in my Plugins folder. Moreover, for simple house on a lot 1X2 I use counting the textures about 15 to 20 dependencies often from different pack, which is redditory for 95% of the players who would like to download, and i have a lot of more big lot....
And to add more, practically all my lots include overlays textures that « extend » the pattern of the specific sidewalk I downloaded years ago, on a few meters on my lots. Now, for these textures, I never asked for IDs and I therefore use the IDs of old downloaded textures, which obviously makes them no shareable...

I know perfectly the problem ... and indeed you can forget it . When I joined Devo in 2007 , I tried to share some of my LOTs , but Barbara ( BarbyW ) quickly brought me back to reality !  :D Feasible , yes , but with so much constraints and additional work ... you would lose  both your  energy and faith !  $%Grinno$%

Quote from: manga rivotra on February 22, 2017, 07:26:43 AM

... Maybe the only thing i can share is some MMPs but i don't knwow how to put a file in a post. Sorry  &mmm

That's a feature available for staff members , teams members ... coming too with Subscriber status , I think ...  ::)

Keep on to express your creativity and share it with us .  :thumbsup: There's always something inspiring here . &apls

C.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

kbieniu7

I also understand the issue of having a lots of... lots. My plugin folder is full of such type of addons, mades for some personal purposes that are practically unshearable.

Regarding the update - beautiful as always :) The terrain is demanding, as Badsim mentioned, often avoided to build anything there :D The swamps look great. I've never created a one, I need to take a deeper look into yours  &Thk/( The dry river also looks good, however in a so steep terrain it is doesn't fit too much. Surface runoff would not diminish in such amount.

The final shot - my favourite one. That church with a cemetery on a hillside in the rain and among autumn-coloured trees - spectacular  &apls
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

manga rivotra

re-hosted  ()stsfd()
Update 23-1

Hello everybodies !

After a long hiatus, i come back with a few pics to present you a totally new tile never seen before.

But first, i have to answer about the last post and above all about the mysteries of my lotting....because there aren't mysteries in fact. :D
So i present to you 2 small R$$ Lots, seen in the last update and explain a little bit how they was made.

Before start to put PROPS in the Lot Editor, i have created a PROP from the main building, basically the house here, and after i have created a blank building with the properties that i used for this kind of RCI.

The first question i ask to myself when i make a Lot is "Is it for slopy area or not ?", because that will determine the ways i should use the PROP on the lot and obviously the parameters of growing.
In this case, the first house ( La Salle from Mattb325 ) is pretty big for a 2x2 residential Lot and does't have foundation, so the threshold have to appear quickly, at something like 6.00 or less and i always put the maximum elevation at 90.00 to have retaining wall in any circonstance and create a "balcony effect" for this kind of lot.

The second house ( c.p. ) appears red in the Lot Editor because it's packed in a familly, but in game ( as you can see in the pic ) it's appear white with green roof, close to the river. This lot is typically made to be on slope ( c.p. 's houses have always foundations, that is great ), use less PROP, have no threshold before 35.00 or more and have a maximum elevation often equal to the threshold number or a little bit more, to be slopy friendly most of time. Here, it's not the case, as I thought this lot might also be aesthetic with foundations if the slope of the bank was too steep.

So, now you can see in the 2 pictures some numbers that identifies the chronology of my work and the PROP references.
Of course i start with the main house and the texture and overlays marks by green numbers. After follow the PROP mark in orange.
The textures can change wildely from a lot to another but the prop are often the same to create some continuty in the style ( even with very different architectures ).

So we have :

1 the texture to choose. here a Vortext one, sometime i use one of mine but mainly BSC, Paeng or Vortext.
2 the overlay that demarcate the pathways from the green stuff. Here Aquazona883 overlays (https://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/28675-aqua_textures_01/ ). I use them masivelly because the are very versatile, sometime Vortex, Peg or mine to extend the sidewalk ( as the SCILT mod of c.p. do ).

1 the first prop i put are always vegetations, because it's give the "identity" of the lot. I use each time a mix of Girafe/VIP and c.p. and sometime some Flunight stuff when i want some tropical flavour....The hedge in HD are from Girafe and are includ is the Libeskind villa download on LEX. The are 4 wide size for theses hedges, so they fit on both "rigid" and slope lot.
2 the fence are second most important thing because by playing with, you can can make a lot of variation on lot, depend if you put gate on left or on right, or no gate, etc, you determine the ways are parked the cars, and the placement of the house.
Here, i use little namspopof fence, white and very short so perfect for a slopy friendly lot, and bipin wood in the backyard ( short version for the "slopy friendly" lot and long version for "rigid" lot ). Namspopof made a lot of gate and fence in differrent colors and style, as SHK (if you like brick) and Fordaniak on Sim City Polska.
3 the car : always Girafe/VIP stuff because it's perfect and HD
The others PROP don't vary too much, otfen grill from WMP Prop pack or table from Namspopof and always some bin from PK or Girafe with some place allowed to put it like a shed ( WMP often ) or ( like here ) a JMyers carport ( JFM Prop ). Depend of the weath of the lot, i can add cloth line or deck chair (Vnaoned/VIP PROP) or some pool ( simgoober jacuzzi  often or LBT pool )
Sometimes, as you can see with the second house, i put some overhang asphalt prop with the same color of the overlay asphalt texture ( fit with Maxis asphalt texture ). It's from BLAM Team and it's very usefull.

406.        Click on pic to reduce it

After the "loting", all is a question of patience to see growing the right lot one the right place.
Some tip more : Sometimes when a lot grow, it changes the degree of the slope. But the slope can be preserve by put some game water piping under the tiles.

The new tile to is something particular, with 2 very differents parts separated by the main river of my region. On the right bank, there are 2 big hill with a dense town built on the top of that because of the mangrove on the bank and the presence of field nowadays replaced by HT industry on the remaining flat areas. On the left bank, there is a dense neighborhood of one of the main center of Gransimtenago, still unfinished. This neighborhood have is proper council center, parks school and is totaly indepedent of the the city sit on the other bank.
In this update you'll see distant view and you'll see closer view in a second update.

First an overview    Click on pic to have closer view

Some view a little bit more close on the main hill with the chruch.
The slope is too steep for buses, so the city has inaugurated a cable car system that allows residents to reach the hill very quickly from the railway station or the tramway station. All this, as well as the industrial zone and the left bank district, will be visible in detail in an upcoming update. ;)

A climat hazard on this one  :D

Silur

Unfortunately I don't see any pictures

mattb325

Lovely work. You should release some of those re-lots  ;)

feyss

Those stairs remind me of the Montagne de Bueren in Liège:

You climb that every day and you get iron legs  :D

Great pictures. It's not easy to build a city in such a hill and you made it in a realistic way with the church or the water tower on top  :thumbsup:

Dantes

Stair of doom!  &apls Very impressive! Fantastic in this town! Unique! :o

kelis

Very nice, this town in the top of the hill looks pretty nice !! I know how difficult is get a good result when you are building with this kind of slopes... and I must say that you got a very realistic result there, congratulations !!
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

art128

Geez, with those stairs they don't need to send people to Saint Helen, just tell them to climb up and down that hill!

Nice update. Great use of retaining walls as always. Though i would have loved if the railway had smoother curves. But I suppose considering the geography that's not really an option.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Themistokles

Those are serious stairs :o and really love the cable car.

The overhanging ground textures seem really handy. This far I have only improvised with other different props that happen to be there, but never had any special ones for this purpose. Do you have a link to them?  ;D
Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

Akallan

Woaw ... That's awesome! It looks very like the old towns built high. You have worked well the slopes, and the river is very beautiful too.
My CJ :

My european road textures project : S N T - v.2.1