• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Tutorial: Diagonal, neighbor connecting, intersecting bridges

Started by daeley, August 21, 2010, 03:12:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mgb204

Just to illustrate how the RHW should be dragged:

First create step 1, if you can't drag your RHW then the land is not flat. Bear in mind you can't use road, rail or RHW with the DBE installed to flatten land as it is set to 0 slope by the mod. I find using street tiles help to get any last second terraforming accomplished.

If you still can't plop one of the starters, then try removing the end pieces to create step 2. One of these configurations should allow you get the starter in place correctly, the rest is easy.

deora

Thanks guys for the help.So,i was trying and experimenting around  and tried as a first challenge a shared tile bridge with roads and one-way roads.
As you can see,it worked perfectly and without any trouble of a complaining game.

The Oneway Bridge is on the top or the picture and the shared tile road bridge is bridge beneath it.Of course the starterpieces don`t work with shared tile roads and oneway roads,otherwise my problem of a wide diagonal bridge would already been solved.

Then i tried the same with the draggable RHW.On flat land,i can drag shared tile RHWs with ease,but i still can`t drag a RHW over a gap,neither diagonal nor straight.
The RHW will yellow if i drag it from one side of the gap down to the ground,but if i reach the first raised tile of the other side,the RHW goes from yellow to red.
And the terrain is completely plane,so no little bumps are hidden in the upper or lower ground.
I also made a little experimental set up and encountered the same problems.

From one side and down to the ground,everything seems fine:

But if i want to go the other side up,the RHW turns red.

So,i guess i`m either missing something or i`m just too stupid ::) (or my game hates me)

memo

Quote from: deora on July 18, 2014, 04:11:53 AM

What happens if you release the mouse at this point? Actually, the preview should be displayed straight in the air, so I guess that you have an RHW slope mod in your plugins that loads after the DBE files. You really have to ensure that the DBE files load last. Usually, it is sufficient to move the DBE folder to the root of your plugins folder (if you don't have any other folder starting with '~'; and if you are not on a Linux system). Also keep in mind that the plugins folder in your Documents folder loads after the one in your programs folder.

By the way, since I have just tested the DBE functionality, I have to amend my previous statement: For shared-tile diagonals, it is easiest to build both starter pieces first and connect them afterwards. Though, if both ends are not on the same height, it is still helpful to drag RHW or Road first in order to level the terrain on both sides, beforehand (and demolish it completely).

deora

What happens if i release the mouse at this point is that the RHW lane will be build flat but it will use the lower level instead of the upper level where it should be.Same happens when i can reach the other side with the RHW.The preview will follow the \__/ shape of the terrain (no matter if dragged diagonal or straight and then will level itself to the lower ground level.It also seems that often i have to try to drag the RHW lane several times on different spots until it finally starts beeing dragged (hope that makes sense).
As for the plugins folder, i have only two things in it for this experiment.

NetworkAddonMod (the complete folder)
and the two DBE files.I even added a few zzz to enbsure that they will be loaded after the NAM.
With the slope mod,i already searched high and low through the whole Plugins Folder and made a search with every possible combination of slope or SlopeMod or etc...
Maybe there is one thing.I searched through the lose files in the NAM folder and spotted something called "NetworkAddonMod_BridgeHeightMod.
Does this also count as a Slope Mod or does it conflict with the DBE?
And a Plugins Folder in Programs?Now i`m confused....oh wait,there is a Plugins Folder in theInstallationpath of the game but it only contains five graphics with the different zoom states of the background.

Edit:Okay,took the Bridge Height thingy out,nothing changed.Maybe i should delete the NAM Folder and install it new.

memo

Okay, the fact that dragging RHW2 flattens the ground shows that the slope mod does indeed work and you don't have any conflicting slope mod in your plugins.

The reason is different. You do have NAM 32 though, do you? I am almost certain that you are missing essential exemplar files that are contained in the file "RealHighway_L0_RHW-2.dat". I recall issues with those files in NAM 31, but they are fixed in NAM 32.

If you happen to have NAM 32 already, I am running out of ideas. In that case, please verify that the RHW-2 file contains an exemplar file with the IID 0x57000200.

deora

Okay,now it`s time for a mini happy dance,because i got it to work...sort of.

I deleted the old NAM Folder (of course i made a backup...) and installed the NAM 32 again.The first thing i noticed when opening the Highway menu was that the older draggable RHW`s seem to be gone now and replaced by a truckload full of confusing puzzlepieces.Well,right at the top of the Highwaymenu there was something called ANT.Because it seemed to be the only draggable thing in RHW styled livery i used it and dragged it diagonal across the "dry" river.And it worked.
A little insane smile rushed over my face and i felt more brave again.So i took two diagonal Bridge puzzlepieces for Avenue,placed them on the right spot and dragged the ANT thingy.I could`nt drag them all the way from one starter piece to another but after a few dragging steps i finally had them conntected.

So now how am i supposed to change the wall underconstruction to something that looks more like a bridge?

memo

Quote from: deora on July 18, 2014, 08:16:44 AM
So now how am i supposed to change the wall underconstruction to something that looks more like a bridge?

You really need to navigate through the NAM installation process, properly. What you are missing is the RHW RULs. So, deep down in the installation process, select the RHW and make sure to also install it including its RULs.

compdude787

Quote from: memo on July 18, 2014, 08:29:01 AM
Quote from: deora on July 18, 2014, 08:16:44 AM

You really need to navigate through the NAM installation process, properly. What you are missing is the RHW RULs. So, deep down in the installation process, select the RHW and make sure to also install it including its RULs.

This means you have to uncheck the "Enable decoupling" option.
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

deora

Pheew,look who finally have done it:

Dry

Wet

:-\ I installed the traffic simulator (i always skipped this part) and checked every box in the RHW Sub-Menu.