• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

FrankU's Lottery - Space Center update

Started by FrankU, October 19, 2009, 02:43:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FrankU

Uhhh.

I made a mistake....

I the Read Me I forgot to mention the probably most important dependecy: the Dutch Prop Pack by W_Swietwoot.
Please add it to your plugins.

I updated the ReadMe. If you want it, you can download now version 1.0a of the set. Otherwise the set is unchanged.
I did add the file to the LEX dependency list and I added it to the text in STEX.

FrankU

I need your help,

You know that I have the Space Launch Pad on my to do list for a revamp into a Dutch styled version.
Well, actually... a realistic Dutch version would need no more than a piece of pasture or an empty parking lot with the fireworks effect on it, because in the Netherlands we have no space station whatsoever. We share the launch installation in Kourou in Guyana, together with all our ESA allies.

But in order to be able to make a decent space station which I could call Dutch I need a building. I need a decent building that can take the role of the spacecraft assembly building. I cannot find one. That means: I can find the NASA assembly building on JKF Space station in Florida. A model by Srainy, but in the first place it is not a nicely detailed model and in the second place it is very USA, because of the large flag and the NASA emblem on it. I cannot use that.
So, does anyone know something that is at least halfways acceptable?

I'd be very glad, and you perhaps too, because I then will be able to make a fine Space Launch Station that can be the top-notch IHT object in your city.

gn_leugim

I would like to say I know just that building, but, as far I can recall, I can't :\  &ops

Have you seen in Japanese sites? I have a felling that there should be something like that around that part of the world :\ or even a wilder suggestion, have you looked into simmars?  a lot of space stuff there. Maybe you could speak with Terring7 about that!  :thumbsup:

vortext

All I could find were these Generic Hangar Props. Rest of the airport hangars come with flags and stuff. Also, I could've sworn there was a large blimp hangar somewhere but no luck finding it.  &mmm
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

Terring7

If you're going to use those hangars, how about having the Hermes concept in mind during the lotting progress? Hermes was a proposed spaceplane designed by the French Centre National d'Études Spatiales (CNES) in 1975, and was to have been part of a manned space flight program, which would have been launched using an Ariane 5. Sadly it was canceled in 1992, since neither cost nor performance goals could be achieved.

"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

epicblunder

Quote from: vortext on April 28, 2015, 12:53:00 PM
Also, I could've sworn there was a large blimp hangar somewhere but no luck finding it.  &mmm

You're not thinking of a certain unfinished project that was never released, are you?   :innocent:

FrankU

Thanks gn_leugim, Vortex, Terring7 and epicblunder for the feedback.

Pity thought that I did not yet find anything suitable.
- I scrutinized a lot of Japanese sites: nothing.
- I looked at the blimp: not the right size.
- Airport hangars: all are way too small.

I think I have to take another approach. Eventually I will come up with something.

So now back to other lots in my set.

- The Opera is in fact finished. It's just a matter of adding some kind of non-reward lot (any suggestions?) and then finishing the ReadMe.
- The Congres Center: the same here.
- The Zoo. Version all-in-one-lot has been shown already. In order to be able to make the modular one I needed a set of park lots. So I first made this one and I present it now.

Please comment.

The set contains 21 lots.
Well, just have a look.
All shrubs, flowers and trees are part of prop families. These prop families also contain blank models, so every plop will give you a different look. Maximum variation. Several other props are also put in families.
Of course the set can seamlessly be combined with the Plaza set.

1 - simple grass

2 - some shrubs

3 - most of the time a tree

4 - straight path

5 - winding or curvy path (texture variation by CP)

6 - curve, every third plop a bench

7 - threeway

8 - crossroads, a garbage bin now and then

9 - a special lot with a wide range of props appearing in the circle

10 - straight path with a curve

11 - and a side way

12 - side way into the other direction

13 - a picknick lot

14 - wide curve with a tree now and then

15 - four way, bench, flower patch and electro-boxes variation (thest things always pop up in your urban space where you do not want them...)

16 - extra wide curve with picknick and small playgroud (several variations)

17 - extra wide curve with side way and trees

18 - a nice pond for contemplation, available with several ponds thanks to Simgoober

19 - playground, picknick, playing children, sometimes a kite

20 - large pond, for longer contemplations...

21 - curvy paths and gazebo

Well, that's about it.
Let me know what you think.

gn_leugim

mrbisonm

Yappp, nice alright, the other ones I use are becoming a little boring with all the years. Anymore of these to come?

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

FrankU

Thanks gn_leugim and mrbisonm,

More lots? Don't you think it is enough? I can make more if you wish, no problem, but think about your parks menu!

Catalyst

Very nice! Don't worry about the park menu though, just use the DAMN.

mgb204

Just wanted to say what a fine job you've done of the Plazas and these new Park pieces, they might be NL inspired, but they should fit most cities very nicely. Only slight concern is the red concrete doesn't work so flexibly, have you considered a version with regular sidewalks as the bases instead. I think the overlays would be acceptable, red paths aren't going to stand out too badly, although it kind of depends on the sidewalk used? In any case, I will just change the textures since this is totally the sort of lotting I'm too lazy/not good enough at to do myself :). As for more pieces, don't worry about my poor parks menu, it's long past the point of salvation, great content will always find space somehow.

mrbisonm

Quote from: FrankU on April 30, 2015, 11:32:46 PM
Thanks gn_leugim and mrbisonm,

More lots? Don't you think it is enough? I can make more if you wish, no problem, but think about your parks menu!

More or less, I was only kidding, (sorry, I forgot to mention it below my post) the set is quite complete. I tried it out last night in one of my cities and it looks good to stay.
It didn't change anything to my park menu since it is already of gigantic size....lol

Again, excellent work on these.

Fred

gn_leugim

actually my park menu isn't that full :p I am very selective with plugins :D

FrankU

Thank you all for your friendly words.

So now that I know the length of the parks menu is no problem for you I just might consider an addon set.
The DAMN I never used...

Anyway,

In the meantime I finished the Opera and the Convention Center.
They are on the STEX. The LEX gives me some trouble today. I might add them there tonight or tomorrow. Dependening on my time. The weather is too beautiful to stay in the house.

Opera on STEX
Convention on STEX

Zoo is coming next and the Space Center gives me headaches....

w_swietwoot

They look nice, the parks, the opera, all of them. Good job.

Terring7

The park set looks very good. Keep it up :thumbsup:

Now, as about the spaceport. Because of the lack of rocket hangars, the spaceport can't have vertical launchers at all. So, if we want a realistic spaceport, may I suggest a spaceport specially designed for horizontal launches? Instead of space shuttles and huge rockets, this spaceport will be using spaceplanes (such as SpaceShipOne and SpaceShipTwo) that will be launched from horizontal runways. Something like Mojave Air and Space Port or Spaceport America.

So, how about a Dutch version of a spaceport designed for horizontal launches?
"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

FrankU

Hi w_sietwoot! How nice to find out you are still alive!

It's also thanks to your Dutch Prop Pack that these parks and plazas work so nice. Thank you for that set and if you ever consider an add-on..... You can be sure I will use it.

And Terring7,
Yes, that is indeed an idea. Now I just need to find a space ship for such a port. Any suggestions?
I'll do a search myself, but have no time for it at the moment.

mrbisonm

Quote from: FrankU on May 04, 2015, 04:18:10 AM
Now I just need to find a space ship for such a port. Any suggestions?
I'll do a search myself, but have no time for it at the moment.

I have a nice spaceship that I made for my CJ Nexis of Genesis once, but unfortunelty it is in a horizontal position and needs a horizontal take-off zone, probabaly have this one also somewhere.....lol

But, anyways, I will have a look at my 3d model DVDs [maybe 60 or 65 of them] that I made in the last 10 years and maybe find it and re-render iot horizontally......if you want it. I will look for a picture first [Geeeez, I have thousands of pics]

Fred

FrankU

Fred! Yes! Horizontal! That might be nice. Show me!  &hlp