• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

How I use el rail over road stations?

Started by speeder, December 30, 2015, 01:49:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

speeder

I installed NAM 34, and also installed the "alternative el rail" but didn't found out what that do at all...

Also I installed that cool Madison station, but I can't figure how to use it.

Two issues:

One, I can't find how to make the roads to connect parallel to the rail (the perpendicular roads connect just fine).

Two, I can't find how to activate it, most stations require you to drag some network over them, but seemly there is no draggable EL rail over road network.

mgb204

Alternate el rail is a re-skin of the default El-Rail network. It was designed to give a Japanese feel to the elevated rails. Drag the El-Rail network and the difference over the default Maxis network should be obvious.

El over Road networks are quite simple, although you will need to understand how puzzle pieces work. In the Misc Transit menu, look for the El over Road item. Here are a series of pieces you can use to build the a network. When building, simply leave a 3 tile space where you want a station. You can then drag using the road tool, once to connect the separate road of the intersection on the station. Then a second time through all three tiles of the station, to activate it.