• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Farms North of Grasmere () My SC4 MD Scrapbook

Started by Vizoria, October 08, 2014, 02:31:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kbieniu7

Congrats, Vizoria!  &apls Well deserved. However, for me it should be of special interest this year. The amount of the content is to incredible, to seize it for just a month!  &hlp
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

art128

Indeed congrats on OSITM! Looking forward to the next update.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Vizoria

Replies:

kbienu7: Thanks for your observations, and the picture you highlighted was a really tricky area to complete because the diagonal building had an overhanging lot. And thanks for the OSITM praise! You will not be disappointed.

art128: Thanks!

vortext: Thanks a lot! I like mixing up buildings and I worked out filler/MMP combinations to make areas look more coherent.

Akallan: Cheers! I went extra all-out with the diagonal buildings as I scoured the STEX, LEX and Simcity Polska for diagonal buildings. More variety is always good.

noahclem: Thanks a hell of a lot! And also happy 10th birthday for this site!

{---}

Entry 71: Anthlem

A special thanks to noahclem and the SC4D admin for giving this MD OSITM! The next several entries, and also my last for SC4, are going to be something special- particularly the entry after this one which is my 150th.

Today is the area of Anthlem which marks the boundary between the urban and the rural in Erinsberg.

{---}

On the northern fringes of Erinsberg the suburbs get wider upon the hills.

All the rural areas were originally covered with tree controller vegetation. I then decided upon the MMP oversaturation approach to make the areas truly rural.

The suburbs of Anthlem are literally north of Erinsberg's city centre.

In general Anthlem is a very wealthy suburb akin to Sanariya Hills.

Mattb325's POD apartments. Great mid-rise fillers and they come in large lots; 6x6. http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/28670-pod-apartments/

This library, shaped like partially opened books, was relotted by Paeng and is quite the find- http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/28254-paengs-rtfm-repository/.

The houses on the slope are tourist homes. They can be found here- http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=866.

The tourist homes offer a great view of the city centre and beyond.

And now we approach the countryside and Flander's Hills.

This road leads to a very special landmark...

The Fallingwater Residence.

The actual BAT can be found here- http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=252.

This area required a ridiculous amount of MMP infilling; even more than usual!

{---}

The 150th anniversary special will be posted this Friday.

edit- resized the pictures.

APSMS

Congrats on the OSITM! 150 entries is amazing! Scores of Famous CJs/MDs have lived and died in one-fifth of that many entries, so I'm thoroughly impressed with how well you've been able to maintain a consistent level of quality with all your entries so far.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

Gugu3

Mikey Knox

You really should make a Lets Play Series

Seaman

art128

The way JB's residences blend in with the slope of the mountain is great.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

reddonquixote

Congrats on the OSITM, very well deserved. Proving, yet again, SC4 is the unbeatable city builder game  :thumbsup: Amazing and seamless use of amazing creations. Always a pleasure to view.

Now.. on a slightly different note... did someone really make Falling Water??  :o .. oh of course MattB325.. who else  ::)
Pay heed to the tales of old wives. It may well be that they alone keep in memory what it was once needful for the wise to know.

vinlabsc3k

Congrats on the OSITM and a very long and amazing update!! &apls &apls &apls
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

Simmer2

More awesomeness  :thumbsup:

Congratulations on a well deserved OSITM  &apls

Nick
________________________________________________________________________________

_Michael

What a monster entry! Lovely mix of urban and rural landscapes, and lovely little details everywhere. Beautiful photo shopping as usually, and a well deserved OSITM!

noahclem

Quite and update  &apls  I enjoy how the residential areas in the beginning handle those slopes and diagonals so effortlessly. You've also done me the favor of reminding me to install those JRJ euro residentials in my current plugins :D  Look forward to the big #150  :thumbsup:

Vizoria

Replies:

APSMS: Thanks! The first fifty entries were quite ropey, but I think it was Annuq, and from the 75th-ish entry, where I started paying attention to every detail in a city tile.

Gugu3:thumbsup:

Mikey Knox: Too time-consuming, my spare time is at a premium and I'm focusing it on story-writing.

Seaman: Thank you!

art128: They are some of the most slope-friendly 5x5 lots I have ever seen.

reddonquixote: Thanks! Some of your buildings were vital to Erinsberg, without them parts of the city would have been very different.

vinlabsc3k: Cheers! Here is another long update!

Simmer2: Thanks! Your lots played a huge part in getting me started with Erinsberg, so thanks a lot!

michae95l: Yep, Anthlem is a real mix!

noahclem: Thanks a lot! Simcoug's diagonal houses are, amazingly, very slope-friendly and can look even better on the slopes than on the flat.

{---}

150th Episode Special: Abbey Road Studios, Hotel California, construction site and more...

So almost three years later and I'm now at the 150th entry, the last 50 entries have definitely been my favourite and with these ones I worked out ways of being more consistent with the lots, fillers and MMPs. Special thanks must be given to you guys and gals who have posted great comments, they have always spurred me on.

After this entry there will be several more, including one video montage. After that I call it quits with SC4; spare time has now become limited with the teacher training course in further education.

{---}

This area is just west of Anthlem.

This area alone contains two famous landmarks in Erinsberg.

The 1st is Abbey Road Studios. Found here- http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1844.

The cool thing about this BAT is that it comes with row houses.

The small building in the middle, by the diagonal paving, is the Hotel California.

Many years ago this building was a gathering point for an occult cult.

The road weaves...

To the left is Stalag's Range.

There are paths leading to both Fallingwater and the Hollywood sign.

All paths lead to Hollywood...

A new housing estate is being developed just south of the Hollywood sign.

Check out this download page to find the construction lots. http://community.simtropolis.com/profile/206287-weasel945/?do=content&type=downloads_file&change_section=1

I believe weasel945 is the only batter in SC4 history to create an entire set of construction lots/bats. What a champ.

MMPs spruce up the barren lots and brutal textures.

Wild horses roaming...

Erinsberg's most famous landmark.

A cloud inversion steadily creeps up the hills...

The view from the Hollywood sign is incredible.

Absolutely incredible.

So incredible even God thinks its incredible.

{---}

Next Tuesday is Victoria's Quarter, a more older part of Erinsberg.

reddonquixote

Spectacular update  &apls &apls

I think no. 13 is my absolute favourite. I love the cliffs, they look amazing throughout.

But.. I think you managed to pull off the impossible.. you actually used the Hollywood sign in your city (what?!!  ()what() ), but you made it look sensible and it looks magnificent :o :thumbsup:
Pay heed to the tales of old wives. It may well be that they alone keep in memory what it was once needful for the wise to know.

noahclem

Wow, truly stunning :O  I'll echo Jay on the use of the Hollywood sign, which really did turn out both great and a natural fit. Looking at this area keeps making me feel the need to include St Paul's in my city :D  When I see these pictures I just think about the massive amount of work it would be to get all those great MMPs in there. You're either much faster with that than I or have put an insane amount of work into this. Anyway, if you're goal was for #150 to be something truly special I believe you've succeeded. +1 for that.

I'm looking forward to the next updates but quite sad to hear your SC4 days will end--hopefully temporarily. Best of luck in your other endeavors :)

edit: typo

korver

Awesome work as always :thumbsup: Love these nature scenes and the Hollywood sign looks great. Congrats on receiving OSITM as well :)

Anyways, it's still sad to hear you're quitting, good luck with your endeavors in RL.

Tarkus

This is my first time here, and my jaw dropped at the plethora of amazing SC4 scenes. :o  A truly worthy and inspiring OSITM, for sure--I've definitely gotten a lot of great ideas for the next time I really play the game next (lately, it's all been for NAM development).  The trails and the MMP usage are really top notch.

I'm sad to hear this may be your last hurrah with SC4, but know how busy it can be juggling intensive RL.  I wish you the best with the teacher training, and look forward to your last few updates this month--and second Noah in hoping you'll return at some point, when RL permits it. 

-Alex

Mikey Knox

On what Map are you playing (i cant remember anyone asked that) and could you post a Screen of your Region View maybe? :)

vinlabsc3k

&apls &apls :bnn: :clap: &hlp It's a stunning update!! &hlp :clap: :bnn: &apls &apls

One thing bug me out, the Hollywood sign, on Simtropolis (here) there's a set to make its own city sign.
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!