• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Is this a bug or is it just me ?

Started by evarburg, December 22, 2015, 10:33:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

evarburg

I am feeling my way into the NAM 33 (great stuff !) but there were this two mishaps (below)

compdude787

Hmmmm...try re-installing the NAM, maybe.
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

mgb204

The second piece might be due to installing the MHO since it's unsupported. That said, you shouldn't have access to that piece if MHO is installed. The Ave Y Stack is working here, so somehow the models must be missing. So I think a re-install, as suggested, is your best bet.

Tarkus

The texture on that MHW isn't from the MHO, as it's striped for 6 lanes rather than 4.  It appears to be the American version of the Maxis Highway Asphalt texture option in the NAM.

From the looks of it, you may have installed the "Avenue Roundabouts and Intersections" option, but didn't install the "Maxis Highway Interchange and Ramp Additions" option, and thus, didn't get the file "NetworkAddonMod_HighwayInterchanges.dat", but have the buttons that include those pieces in their TAB Rings. 

Historically, it used to be that the files under the "Maxis Highway Interchange and Ramp Additions" were installed pretty much no matter what if you installed the NAM--they were in the main "NetworkAddonMod.dat" file until NAM 20, and split into "NetworkAddonMod4.dat" in NAM 21, where they remained until NAM 30. The Avenue Y-Stack was moved from the Avenue Puzzle Pieces button to the Avenue Roundabouts and Interchanges button in NAM 21, and the Tram-Avenue interchange was added in NAM 30, to a button that exists in the default game. 

That file was simply renamed to the more descriptive "NetworkAddonMod_HighwayInterchanges.dat" with NAM 31.0, and it became "optional" at that point, which, in theory, would have made this sort of an issue possible if the right (or wrong) boxes were checked anytime since then.  As you didn't install the Highway Interchanges option, you shouldn't have access to those items, in theory, but because of how their TAB Ring assignments were worked out a number of years ago, their entries are there, but without the models and paths.

It's a file architecture issue, and not one that's easily addressed without adding new menu buttons that just have one or two items under them (which generally isn't desirable).  In the meanwhile, either avoid those particular TAB entries, knowing you're not supposed to have them, or re-install the NAM and check the "Maxis Highway Interchange and Ramp Additions" box.  If you installed the MHW Asphalt mod, there's probably no real reason not to have the Interchange option installed.

-Alex

evarburg

Thank you, Alex -- I had an inkling it was me:-) but I had no clue what the problem might be. Reinstall it is ! Thank you for the Xmas gift !:-)))