• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show Us Your...Children

Started by dedgren, February 26, 2007, 12:18:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dedgren

It's Josh's 8th birthday today.  We adopted him when he was four.  His mom took drugs while she was pregnant- meth.

Josh is very, very special.

...you'd believe a boy could fly...

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

jeronij

Great Picture from Josh  :thumbsup: and a Happy Birthday ()flower() from the sunny mallorca  :sunny:

I´ll have to post some from my son too  ;D
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

vab423

%BUd% :party: Happy birthday, Josh!!!!!!!

8 years is a very important age, so be sure you do something very special today.

From Vicki, one of your dad's "friends"

"It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit."     - Harry S. Truman

M4346

Yes, happy birthday. And I commend you David, for taking up the responsibility, a gesture that means a lot to me in a very, very cruel world.

I'm sure he's in great hands, and I wish you, him, and your wife the best of luck, smiles and happiness for the future. :)

Thank you for sharing. I hope that I too can someday give back to society in the way you do.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

dioangel

I hope your days are special Josh! *hugs* Happy Birthday josh!!  &apls ;D

"Beethoven is known for writting the most daring music has ever known to man...DioAngel is known for writting outragous stories has ever known to a lady."
My new MD: http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=6796.0

rooker1

Call me Robin, please.

Rayden

Nice kid David, happy birthday for him. All the best for his future. :)

emilin

That looks like a really sweet kid. I hope he got a really happy birthday!

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

dedgren

Josh said to say thanks to each and every one of you for the birthday wishes.  He asked me to invite you all to his birthday party next year- consider it done.

Here's another pic, this time on the trail of the "jolly old elf" himself.

Have a great day!

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

thundercrack83

Happy belated birthday, Josh!

dioangel

Awwww thats very sweet of him inviting us! :) Love the second picture.  &apls

"Beethoven is known for writting the most daring music has ever known to man...DioAngel is known for writting outragous stories has ever known to a lady."
My new MD: http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=6796.0

NikNik

Great topic. Finally somewhere I can show off my kids. ;D

Her's the middleman: Pim:

and on a tracktor

Here's Jop, the eldest son. He's 7 now. And yes....contrary to some of my statements over at 3RR we did have had some snow this year. It lasted, well, one day but still long enough to make a snowman:

Can somebody explain this (then) 6 year old kid that those days are over....

This is the youngest. AKA Osama Bin Merijn... The little terrorist....

And we end with a proud dady:

I hope Josh had a great Birthday (about two weeks overdue, but not less sincere).

Nik-Nik

TheTeaCat

Hey belated happy birthday Josh!

Nik and David its great to see your children.

I would love to be able to show a picture of my son but unfortunatley I've ever only seen him twice. He's 22 now. His mum left and moved abroad before he was born and it was pure accident that we happened to be travelling on the same ship one day and we bumped into one another. Its a day I shall never forget.

So enjoy ever moment you can with your kids as every second is special and I've missed 693,792,000of them with mine ()sad().

All the best and by the way here's your tea lads :D

:satisfied:
TTC
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

dedgren

I couldn't head off to bed without posting a few pics of the very special young man I spent last week with in Texas.

He's my 10 year old adoptive son Tristen- you've seen his eight year old brother Josh a ways back in this thread.  Tristen's mom used methamphetamine when she was pregnant.  Despite our best hopes (we adopted Tristen when he was six) he has spent the last 15 months in residence at a psychiatric hospital paying for the sins of one of his parents (the other was no prize, either).

Most of the time Tristo-man, as we call him, is just an ordinary kid.  He likes the same things other kids like, does the same things other kids do, and acts just like you'd expect a kid to act- like a kid!

But then there are those other times- when Tristen reminds all of us who love him just how lucky we are, and how little control we really have over some things that can radically alter our circumstances.  Tristen will never, in his whole life, be considered "normal" (whatever "normal" is).

We don't care.  He's our boy, just like Josh.  And we'll do anything we can for him..

TTC- that's a great happy, yet sad story about your son.  You're exactly right about those seconds.  I hope you've been able to remain in touch with him.

Nik-Nik, what great pics of great kids.  Merijin... well- all of them, actually, could come over and terrorize my house anytime.  Thanks for sharing your wonderful family with us.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

TheTeaCat

Thanks David.

Unfortunatley there has been no contact except for that one time, not thru' any fault of mine. His mother wanted no contact and it was pure luck that we did meet. Every letter, phone call etc was returned unopened. It didn't mean that I forgot about him but now have no idea where either his mother or my son is. Do you know, I don't even know his name (She left before he was born ()sad() ) as on that one occaision we did meet she refused to tell me his name so I can only call him My Son. She were a bit "crazy".

So go on make me jealous  ;) and have many happy days with your loved ones :D

Best wishes

:satisfied:
TTC
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

jeronij

David, these are lovely pictures. I'd try to enjoy the good moments, and forget the bad ones.......when possible  ::)

Nik-Nik I still can not understand where you find the time to be a SC4 community active member  ::) .... ok, about the pictures  ;) , I just can say: congratulations for such a great family  :thumbsup:

I  went yesterday to the amussement park here in Palma de Mallorca, and I have at least one pic to show and share  ;D

I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Mallorca My Mayor Diary

FromTheAshes

Your children are all very gorgeous! Well, with 16 years I'm a bit to young for children ;)
JRJ, once you postet a picture of your son with sunglasses that looked veeery cool 8) In which amusement park was this picture taken? I've been in PdM several times, it's an amazing city, didn't know that Mallorca has such a big city before my first holidays there  $%Grinno$%
Visit Vorsfelde.

petercintn

Well now, I do believe this could be my favorite thread!  Wish I'd of thought of it.  So here's the closest people to my heart, my two daughters, who are both going to give me grandbabies before the end of the year.  Two year old pic, I've seemed to misplace the Wedding pics from Nov.

Carolina Tar Heels... National Champs again!

flame1396

I'm too young to have kids.... I wonder if dedgren's kids love 3rr as much as we do.... And I wonder what it's like to them at such a young age and correspondingly different point of view
The most astounding and unique aspect of the human race is our fervent application of our ingenuity to kill each other, thus completely defying the near-universally proven fact that the ultimate goal of a member of a species is to ensure the survival of the species.

jeronij

Very nice ladies, petercint  ;)

Still another one that I specially like:

So, not everything in this life is SC4  ::)  $%Grinno$%

Mallorca My Mayor Diary