• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Gransimtenango

Started by manga rivotra, June 29, 2015, 12:06:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

manga rivotra

re-hosted  ()stsfd()

Update 20

@ kelis, korver, art128, Akallan, Themistokles, Vizoria, Simmer2, feyss :

Thank you very much for all your nice comments! ;D

Being addicted to the Cp' s industrial buildings (LEX), I come back with another small update mainly devoted to railways stuff and an old river harbor built along a bend in the main river crossing Gransimtenango. A former district is built nearby, with park, square and cathedral but also some newer buildings near a large rail yard.

First an overview. On the left train depot (partially visible) from Simmer2 (LEX), in the middle rigt of cemetery and above industrial building you can see the old Agart University from Agart (STEX).
~ Click on pic = in game zoom 5 ~

Details on the industrial harbour area at the end of a cloud spring day. Cp industrials buildings (LEX), pegasus balconies, and wmp rural dock (STEX)

Details about the central mall leading to the Cathedral (from Debussyman, STEX)on a rainy autumn day. horseman statue is from one of the MJB (couchpotato) HD prop pack on LEX, water tower is from voltaics (upload by Andreas on LEX), triangular building near the cathedral is from Manchou on Tout Sim Cities.com, and the square building with orange roof is from Haarlemmergold (take everything from this genius here https://community.simtropolis.com/profile/38724-haarlemmergold/content/?type=downloads_file&sortby=file_views&sortdirection=desc&page=1)

And finally a train depot an a terminus station close to a modern industrial area, on another tile. At the bottom close to Maxis university there is MGB depot, the station is from ILL Tonkso (NDEX team) http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/18184-ndex-its-langstrath-central-station/ and the rotunda is from Oppie (STEX)

art128

The rainy picture of the cathedral is really great. Feels so real. Other pictures are great too... I just don't agree with the choice of the maxis university, but that's just my personal opinion. On the overview the train depot on the slope is nice.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

_Michael

Wow, really lovely work. Love the integration of all of the different elements!

Krasner

Awesome and creative custom lots, everywhere  &apls
ANARCHIST !!

Akallan

Incredible, your city looks almost real! I love the rails! Beautiful images! &apls &apls &apls
My CJ :

My european road textures project : S N T - v.2.1

Vizoria

Picture 391 is awesome! Good use of the new RRW pieces, RRW sidings and industrial FA buildings!

kbieniu7

Excellent! The look of those quartiers filled with small tenements and trees is great! I love the square in front of the cathedral, it looks so real  :thumbsup:
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

Simmer2

Well done  &apls &apls.

Reminder to self, add an RRW rail turntable to the to do list!
________________________________________________________________________________

Gugu3

Seaman

wonderful  &apls

I do believe in the natural appearance of this area.

btw: may I ask you for the name of the large 6-platform passenger station shown in the last picture?

compdude787

Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

vortext

Lovely work, so many intricate details!  &apls
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

manga rivotra

@ vortext, compdude787, Gugu3, kbieniu7, Vizoria, Akallan, maharadjahdesaboum,michae95l :
Thanks for all theses nice comments !  ;D
@ Simmer2
Even though the Oppie's 10-year-old turntable is still very beautiful, a new would be welcome, especially coming from you.  ;)  And thank you for your wonderful textures and lots, without them ( and NAM 34 ) this update would have been impossible.  :thumbsup:
@ Seaman
Thanks !  :) The station is a creation of ILL Tonkso, and here is the link.
http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/18184-ndex-its-langstrath-central-station/
@ art128
Thanks you !  :) In fact, the atmosphere of the rainy picture is probably due to the dark color and the rain, which is not really photoshoped but mainly the result of Jupiter mod by Xannepan.
The University of Maxis is just a choice by default because universities ( especially big complex ) are lacking for download.

manga rivotra

re-hosted  ()stsfd()

Update 21

Hello everyone !  :)

Here is a new update with photos taken on 3 different tiles that have in common to present districts built on slopes.
Only the churches were shown in close-up zoom in previous updates last year, while this time, a large part of the neighborhoods is shown in zoom 5 with some improvements (for the maximum zoom, click on the picture ).
As always, rain effect are not photoshoped but the result of the wonderful Jupiter mod of Xannepan.

First of all, this imposing cathedral (from Debussyman) and its park, built in a fairly large neighborhood on the edge of a cliff. The astronomical observatory (swi21 on LEX) has a totally unobstructed view of the sea although this is not verifiable in this picture. "H shaped building" view from bottom with mural paint is from ferox (SimCityPolska), big "H shaped parisian building" view from front street facade is from Debussyman

Then a big village built on a hill nearby forest and a stream.
Here a global view at the very beginning of autumn.

There, this same village from the East.

And finally, view of details of the steam and its waterfall in the heart of summer. rock by nbvc, murimk and heblem (often rezised), water texture prop from RFR (all on STEX), and villa or small house from Mattb325, Jmeyers and Cp essentially

To finish, the last tile with here a small town built on a rather steep hill, which nevertheless remains densely populated.
First an overview from the west in summer.

details in autumn

Then an overview from the north in summer.

And details in autumn. little white kiosk from Seraf (STEX)

Hope you like it  :)

Themistokles

The railyard and surroundings in your Oct 30 update is absolutely awesome in the way youve integrated every loose end of rail into the cityscape and let them blend into each other &apls

Last update is also very very good, especially viewed in zoom 5. Mmp work along the river in particular is spectacular.
Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

compdude787

I love how well your city looks despite having been built on a hillside!
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

reddonquixote

Thanks for sharing this update, both these last two are amazing as always  &apls &apls

In the previous update I don't know whether I like the rainy cathedral the best, or the realistic train yard.. or the cool little port... love them all!

Your MMP work and overall attention to detail in the latest update is quite specatular... great work  :thumbsup:
Pay heed to the tales of old wives. It may well be that they alone keep in memory what it was once needful for the wise to know.

kbieniu7

My favourite ones - the stream and the square in front of the cathedral. While one of the main roads in the picture 398 seems to be quite steep... I wish I do not have to drive there just after a heavy snowfall! :D
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

Akallan

Beautiful! I particularly like the river with the waterfall! &apls
My CJ :

My european road textures project : S N T - v.2.1

Seaman

uh... thats some serious slope handling there, respect for keeping that nice looking!  &apls