• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The RTMT V3 Support Thread

Started by z, September 10, 2008, 07:43:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

diego6677

Hello CaptCity and Catty,

Thank you very much for your kind helps and advices in this matter, and sorry for my late reply.  Some stuff popped in RL in last few days which delayed me to investigate SC4 for you until today.

This is a bit embarrassing :-[  -  I followed CaptCity's advice: I have looked at the RMT3.60 and RMT3.50 which I downloaded according to my download history.  I confirmed that I installed 3.50 first.  And then I installed 3.60 (core part) based on its readme.html.

It puzzled me a bit as I seemed to install everything it asked of me.  So i fire SC4 up and run it again.  I tested all stations and I don't see that missing prop in GLR-BUs avenue anymore.   ()what()  So I exit the city and test it on several cities and I never see the problem again.  I don't understand it myself because few days, I noticed that problem repeatedly in several cities and did test those before I reported this issue in this forum.  I didn't make any change to my SC4 since I reported this problem and somehow it resolved by itself?  ()what()

I think it would be wiser if I will follow Catty's suggestion by posting a picture of my RTMT folder content, to see if my folder is okay or not.  I will do that later and post it here.  I will plan to screenshot RTMT's top level folder and GLR Transition (since I assumed it is must-be as I got original problem with GLR station).  Or should I do more than that (ie screenshot of other folders in RTMT's folder contents)?

Thank you for your kind helps again and sorry for the troubles.

diego6677

Quote from: diego6677 on January 13, 2015, 10:20:18 AM

Thank you very much for your kind helps and advices in this matter, and sorry for my late reply.  Some stuff popped in RL in last few days which delayed me to investigate SC4 for you until today.

This is a bit embarrassing :-[  -  I followed CaptCity's advice: I have looked at the RMT3.60 and RMT3.50 which I downloaded according to my download history.  I confirmed that I installed 3.50 first.  And then I installed 3.60 (core part) based on its readme.html.

It puzzled me a bit as I seemed to install everything it asked of me.  So i fire SC4 up and run it again.  I tested all stations and I don't see that missing prop in GLR-BUs avenue anymore.   ()what()  So I exit the city and test it on several cities and I never see the problem again.  I don't understand it myself because few days, I noticed that problem repeatedly in several cities and did test those before I reported this issue in this forum.  I didn't make any change to my SC4 since I reported this problem and somehow it resolved by itself?  ()what()

I think it would be wiser if I will follow Catty's suggestion by posting a picture of my RTMT folder content, to see if my folder is okay or not.  I will do that later and post it here.  I will plan to screenshot RTMT's top level folder and GLR Transition (since I assumed it is must-be as I got original problem with GLR station).  Or should I do more than that (ie screenshot of other folders in RTMT's folder contents)?

Edit:  Very Sorry! I hit "post" without adding my note. :-[

Catty & Capt City, I am attaching two screenshots of RTMT folder and GLR Transition folder in my plugins (in "My document's simcity 4's plugins" I meant).  What do you think? Any missing file or does it look fine?

Thank you again for your kind helps.

catty

hi diego6677

I'm at work so will look later, but you didn't need to give us a picture of the GLR Transitions folder contents as this is something we did as a sort of add-on, but its not anything to do with RTMT stations as its designed to connect tram lines to the underground rail or subway and since it was created its now been added to the NAM and won't be available in the next RTMT release.

-catty
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

mgb204

Hey Catty,

Since it's been brought up, can I ask you something (I tried messaging Z but I'm not sure if he's around right now), I was hoping it might be possible to get hold of the original Gmax or 3DS max models for the GLR ramps included with RTMT? I wish to change the concrete tram texture to fit with a couple of sidewalk mods, trying to replace the models is a pretty difficult task and if I could get a hold of the original files it's a simple case of replacing some textures and re-rendering them. I know it's a big ask, but I'd be eternally grateful if anyone can help me track down these files so I may release a texture override to match everything together.

Thanks.

catty

Hi mgb204

I'll check my gmax folder when I get home, if we do have the originals, then I'll check with the rest of the Team and see if anyone can remember who did the models so we can OK it with them.

-catty
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

CaptCity

Quote from: diego6677 on January 13, 2015, 03:29:18 PM
Quote from: diego6677 on January 13, 2015, 10:20:18 AM

Edit:  Very Sorry! I hit "post" without adding my note. :-[

Catty & Capt City, I am attaching two screenshots of RTMT folder and GLR Transition folder in my plugins (in "My document's simcity 4's plugins" I meant).  What do you think? Any missing file or does it look fine?

Thank you again for your kind helps.

Hi Diego6677

It would help if you could include an image of your 'Props' and 'Model' folders also. The items that appear on the station lots are determined by what is installed in those.

Also, just to clarify, do you remember which installers you used from the RTMT download? Or did you use the manual version?

Quote from: catty on January 13, 2015, 05:28:49 PM

Hi mgb204

I'll check my gmax folder when I get home, if we do have the originals, then I'll check with the rest of the Team and see if anyone can remember who did the models so we can OK it with them.

-catty

If I'm remembering correctly, I believe Xyloxadoria made the transition ramps. That's if I'm remembering correctly...

catty

Quote from: CaptCity on January 13, 2015, 08:59:39 PM
If I'm remembering correctly, I believe Xyloxadoria made the transition ramps. That's if I'm remembering correctly...

Yes we have a copy of the GMAX models and I've just checked the RTMT boards and CaptCity is correct it was Xyloxadoria who created them, unfortunately mgb204 that may not help you as its been over six months since he last logged into SC4D.

-catty

diego6677

Quote from: CaptCity on January 13, 2015, 08:59:39 PM

*SNIPPED*

Hi Diego6677

It would help if you could include an image of your 'Props' and 'Model' folders also. The items that appear on the station lots are determined by what is installed in those.

Also, just to clarify, do you remember which installers you used from the RTMT download? Or did you use the manual version?

Quote from: catty on January 13, 2015, 05:28:49 PM

* SNIPPED*

Hello Catty,

Thank you for your checking and request.  I will post 2 separate posts below (one for model, and the other for props) due to the size of 4 screenshots.

As for your installation question - I use manual installation as there is no automatic installation unless you meant "auto installation" as in copying whole folder from zip to my plugins?  If so, yes that is correct.

As i recall vaguely - I copied whole folder of RTMT 3.50 folder inside the zipped file, and then I followed the instruction of Readme to remove "unnecessary" files (as Readme said that I only choose one file per category installed).

Then I got 3.60 packon and I followed the readme html (including 3.51 readme) for manual installation.  I only installed Core-Add on Pack and then remove some "unnecessary" files like above paragraph.  I didn't install optional add-on as I read and didn't thin it is necessary for me and my (SC4 cities') needs.

Below is Model folder's content. 

In my next post, it will be Prop's folder content.

Thanks,
Diego

diego6677

Catty,

As I created this new post (due to max size of screenshots in my previous post), here are screenshots of My Props' folder's content as requested. 

Thank you again for your kind helps/advices.

Diego

mgb204

Well I certainly appreciate you looking into the matter for me, I guess I could try sending him a message, maybe I'll get lucky.

It's beginning to look like the only way of getting non-white ramps is to make them yourself, maybe one day I'll be able to do this.

Thanks.

CaptCity

Hi Diego6677

At a first glance, it looks like your main RTMT files are good, but you have loaded all the Single Props and Prop Family props loaded. You might want to check through the Readme one more time to be sure to select the appropriate files for your need.

I'm at work now, but when I get to my computer, I'll check to see about more specific suggestions. But checking the Readme would be a place to start.

Later Edit:

Had a look at the files on my home computer. I think there's a couple things happening in your case. The first is that it does appear that you have left both the Single props files and the Family prop files in the RTMT/Prop folder. This, by itself, wouldn't give you the missing model 'flags', but I think you also did not install the shelter dependencies given in the Readme (namely the Big Blue and the DPMO models). At least they don't appear in your images above. Since you have all the Prop Family files installed, there will be random times where the lot will try to display one of them. Without the models you will get the flag. The reason it appears to be sticking up through the blue bus shelter is because you also have the single prop files for that particular shelter, so it appears normal.

If you do wish to only use only the blue shelter, in the RTMT/Props folder you can remove all the files with APropBase and PropF in their names, leaving the ones with PropS and Prop in the names. If you do wish to use the Prop Family files (to get a variety of shelters), keep the APropBase and PropF files that you want and remove the PropS files. However, in this case you will need to get those shelter dependencies.

Something else to consider is removing the Prop files you don't want to use. You don't need to keep all the similarly named files for things like the phonebooths, bussigns, and timetables. The game will only display one (the last one loaded - usually by alphabetical order)

Hope this makes sense. It's a very simplified explanation of the directions in the Readme. You should probably go through it again to be sure you get what you want.

catty

Thanks CaptCity  :thumbsup: ....its my first week back at work after the holidays so have three weeks of catch-up work to get sorted out, hopefully diego6677 that helps you sort out your problem and also thanks as well for posting the pictures it makes it a lot easier to work out what's causing the problem.

-catty

diego6677

Hi CaptCity and Catty,

First of all - I apologise for my late reply as I was busily occupied IRL in the past week.

Secondly, thank you so much for your kind time for looking into this matter for me and your advices as those are much appreciated. Thank you again.

Thirdly,  I follow your advices by reading README again and I used your advice above as guidance.  I solve the problem of that missing prop.   :-[  Sometimes having a fresh set of eyes and being away from SC4 for a bit help me to see what is the problem in front of me.  It is a case of "can't see a tree in front of me when I am in middle of forest."  :-[ 

Anyway, thank you once again for your kind helps and advices.  :thumbsup: &apls :thumbsup:

Have a great weekend both of you! :)

catty

Glad to know you are all sorted out   :thumbsup:

b22rian

Strong RTMT team performances by both Cathy and CaptCity   :thumbsup:

I am really happy this group is remaining quite active and we can still be of help to the gaming community..

Well done, to both of you !

thanks, Brian

Zeratai

Hi, I'm having troubles with the installation.... I just don't understand quietly if my RTMT3 folder is ok. I dont have any problems (I think) but reading de READMES I can see that you need to delete a lotof files, so I don´t know if I did it ok... I just want to have a basic  setupo ofthe RTMT, but when I see my fodler there are a lot of files I don't know if I should delete. Can you guide me to thelight of a perfect folder installations?

I attach photos of my folders...

Zeratai

1 more photos, sorry for  the big post... Also under the "SIGN" folder I have tons of files I dont know what those do

b22rian

Zarati,

The best I can tell it looks like everything installed just fine.
You do not need to delete anything.

As long as the stations preform in game the way that they should this is the real test of whether RTMT version 3 was installed properly or not.

Please let us know if your satisfied after using these stations in your game ?

Thanks, Brian

titanicbuff

Quote from: Zeratai on June 22, 2015, 01:35:16 AM
Hi, I'm having troubles with the installation.... I just don't understand quietly if my RTMT3 folder is ok. I dont have any problems (I think) but reading de READMES I can see that you need to delete a lotof files, so I don´t know if I did it ok... I just want to have a basic  setupo ofthe RTMT, but when I see my fodler there are a lot of files I don't know if I should delete. Can you guide me to thelight of a perfect folder installations?

I attach photos of my folders...

so long as the product has normal functionality it should work fine- also get the 3.1 updTE, THAT SHOULD HELP FIX THAT.
I have struck an iceberg and Sank
Titanicbuff
Visit my website at: http://simcitybuffs.icyboards.net/
RTMT Team Member
NAM Associate

Zeratai

Thanks for the replies. I think RTMT works fine. I also downloaded the addon (v3.6)... my major concern were the plugins for capacity, as I have the CAM installed, I supposed I should've left the one that said CAM Capacity, but on the readme said that only High or Low capacity NAM plugin should be left alone in the folder. So, which is the good one?

Also I have the big blue station but dont like it. I would rather have a more smaller style of station. My question is if I only have to modify the "props" folder in order to achieve what I want? and How many files (aprox.) I should have in the props folder?, because I'm afraid of deleting one or have two of the same prop causing somekind of conflict. (i.e. 2 station files or phoneboot)

Sorry for all the questions and thanks for the help.