• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

WIP - Arinsia

Started by feyss, June 17, 2012, 12:22:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Themistokles

I agree fully with kbieniu7, murder is the only one of two words possible to describe such a motorway. Realism is the second. ;) Also, the way you mix W2Ws of different styles gives the city a very authentic feel.

Love the Berlin recreation you showed lately. When I look at it, I realise its been way too long since I was in Berlin. Must be remedied. ()stsfd()
Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

kelis

I like the picture from your Berlin city. I have to share with you a picture from my old Berlin recreation, I got one from the same angle  :thumbsup:
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

feyss

Woow, time flies and I don't post much, sorry   :-[

Here's one huge mosaic from Alijstar that I made for the 'City Showcase' challenge from ST. I had to share it with you  ;)

As you can see, I would be able to post more pictures soon of that part of the city.

19. ALIJSTAR - 'THE CITY OF A THOUSAND BRIDGES'

(you can click on the picture for a larger version as usual)

Hope you like it  :)

- REPLIES -

Quote from: kbieniu7 on October 05, 2016, 02:22:22 PM
This motorway looks like a murder on this beautiful urban area... Like it! So realistic!  ;D

I see a possibility for an improvement! The street going trough this small bridge with tramway line seems to be a busy route. Maybe the tram stop could be moved to be between one way roads? More space and more safe for the passengers ;)

Thank you! 'Murder' is the perfect word to describe this. I indeed like to do this in-game while I hate that kind of thing IRL.

Regarding the tram station, that's a pertinent remark, but there is already another station just next to the highway bridge on the left of the picture. They would be too close of each other and I prefer to keep the symmetry of that highway interchange.

Quote from: Themistokles on October 06, 2016, 12:31:24 AM
I agree fully with kbieniu7, murder is the only one of two words possible to describe such a motorway. Realism is the second. ;) Also, the way you mix W2Ws of different styles gives the city a very authentic feel.

Love the Berlin recreation you showed lately. When I look at it, I realise its been way too long since I was in Berlin. Must be remedied. ()stsfd()

Thank you too! I wish I could post more pictures from that Berlin recreation soon, but it's quite difficult to build an actual city.

Quote from: kelis on October 06, 2016, 05:17:46 AM
I like the picture from your Berlin city. I have to share with you a picture from my old Berlin recreation, I got one from the same angle  :thumbsup:

Thanks too my friend! I wish I saw those pictures but unfortunately they disappeared like in many other CJs  &mmm

vortext

time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

Themistokles

Beautiful. &apls I wish you the best of luck in the Simtrop competition! :)
Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

Nanami

Gugu3

feyss

Thanks all for the kind words!

Here's a picture from an old town of mine:

Now that MGB has released his new UnderBridge set, it motivated me to finish it  :D

manga rivotra

This bridge in this deep valley is a very good idea and the village is already visually appealing.  :thumbsup:
I'm looking forward to seeing more.  :popcorn:

kbieniu7

That is going to look great, really good with placing the railway bridge there! However, I hope that the wind turbine is just temporarily, for "in-game-technical" purposes :D
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

vortext

Quote from: kbieniu7 on February 25, 2017, 11:20:01 AM
That is going to look great, really good with placing the railway bridge there! However, I hope that the wind turbine is just temporarily, for "in-game-technical" purposes :D

gah, you sound like one of those NIMBY folks!  $%Grinno$%  :D

Nice little town, looking forward to complete picture!  :thumbsup:
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

kbieniu7

Quote from: vortext on February 25, 2017, 11:42:08 AM
Quote from: kbieniu7 on February 25, 2017, 11:20:01 AM
gah, you sound like one of those NIMBY folks!  $%Grinno$%  :D

I just try to sound like an engineer, who knows that putting a giant wind turbine just in the centre of a town, and - what is more - facing a giant railway bridge, doesn't sound like the best idea  ;D

feyss

A bit more...

As you can see, the town is located deep in the valley, with steep roads that lead to the surrounding plateau.

And thank you kbieniu7, vortext and manga rivotra for the kind comments! Of course, the wind turbine is just here to help out, it would be a political suicide to actually build this monster here  :D

Nanami

That is an nice looking town! :thumbsup: The placement of station which is rather far from current town area kinda interesting. will the town expands there? or there is some kind of feeder from station toward the town centre?

Krasner

This town already looks nicely dense and organic from a far. That will become even more interesting when you will have installed te nature all around  :popcorn:
ANARCHIST !!

kbieniu7

Really, awesome layout! That's exactly what I like! Can't wait to see the slopes covered with trees :)

Regarding Nanami's question, for me the station is quite far as it was the closest possible place because of the terrain shape. But also think, how is the city going to grow and how it is going to organize its transportation ;)

feyss

More WIP! The town is transforming from a poor town mountain to a select spa town:

- REPLIES -

Quote from: Nanami on March 03, 2017, 06:46:10 AM
That is an nice looking town! :thumbsup: The placement of station which is rather far from current town area kinda interesting. will the town expands there? or there is some kind of feeder from station toward the town centre?

In rural areas, train stations are not necessary in the middle of the city, and sometimes they even lead to the creation of a new neighbourhood. That's what I tried to do here. The bridge has an influence on it too. Of course, it makes travelling by train less attractive, it's why buses will connect the city with the station. Thanks for the comment  ;)

Quote from: Krasner on March 03, 2017, 06:21:32 PM
This town already looks nicely dense and organic from a far. That will become even more interesting when you will have installed te nature all around  :popcorn:

Dense, that's how I like to build town! Of course, nature will come later. My sims will need some fresh air! Merci  ;)

Quote from: kbieniu7 on March 05, 2017, 07:39:53 AM
Really, awesome layout! That's exactly what I like! Can't wait to see the slopes covered with trees :)

Regarding Nanami's question, for me the station is quite far as it was the closest possible place because of the terrain shape. But also think, how is the city going to grow and how it is going to organize its transportation ;)

Thank you too! I will try to not put forests too close of the city that time and put meadows between them to make a progressive transition  :thumbsup:

Bipin

Fantastic work! I'm not often one for Euro-styled towns, but you've done this well!  &apls What base texture mod are you using here? It looks great.

_Michael

Quote from: Bipin on March 13, 2017, 09:00:08 PM
Fantastic work! I'm not often one for Euro-styled towns, but you've done this well!  &apls What base texture mod are you using here?  It looks great.
If you're in reference to the sidewalk mod, I believe it is a custom texture that has been used. :)

And looking great feyss - I love the whole atmosphere of this town

brick_mortimer

Thanks for the update  :)

WIP images are always interesting  :thumbsup:

Busier than a one legged man in an ass kicking contest
Me no coffee function without so good