• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Schulmania: National Capital Region

Started by Schulmanator, September 19, 2012, 03:19:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Schulmanator

Merry Christmas from Schulmania!

Get your decorations ready!

It's time for a very purry Christmas for everyone!

Purrs to all from Schulmania!

See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

Dantes

It's cat time !  °w° (click the pictures and they goes big)

*cat-attack*

*face-jump*

*charlie-harper-sweet-cat-for-girls-attack*

Happy new year Dude  $%#Ninj2

dedgren

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year back at you, Bruce.  And, dare I say it, purrs on earth.

...Klingon opera... who'd 'a thunk it?

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

noahclem

Merry Christmas and Happy New Years to you and your overseer! Lovely Christmas greetings there  :D 

rambuckel

I hope you had a nice time during Christmas! Thanks for your greetings.
Angels can fly because they don't take themselves too serious!

wallasey

I am enjoying your urban scenes! the French buildings work well with your Centerpiece...The National Theatre1

Schulmanator

East Tenne: Outdoor Theater

District IX in the national capital is the Theater District, known for its opulent theater and its signature outdoor space—Morris Park. These two spaces' purposes often intersect in the realm of outdoor theater. Plays, concerts and various family friendly performances often join sporting events and family gatherings in various sectors of the large park. Recently, a student group from Highland View School came to the park to enjoy a day of culture and fun. We can see a sampling of their adventure from the photographs they took on the trip. Let's see what the kids have been doing...

This chapter is dedicated to the victims of Sandy Hook Elementary School. Please click on the sample picture below to see the full update.

http://www.schulmania.info/exclusive_files/xcl042.htm
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

rambuckel

Another great update! All the best for you in 2013!
Angels can fly because they don't take themselves too serious!

Swordmaster

Now that's a great picture. Happy New Year!

Cheers
Willy

Schulmanator

Dantes    Love the pics! Happy 2013!

Dedgren   Long time no see! And a happy 2013 and DEFINITELY purrs on earth!

noahclem   Thanks! And to you as well!

rambuckel   You are most welcome. And happy new year!

wallasey   Thanks! I designed the whole district to showcase the theater. Glad you liked it.

rambuckel   Thank you! Glad you liked it.

Swordmaster   Thanks! Glad you liked it. And happy 2013 to you!

rooker1

Always nice to stop by here....great work
Happy New Year!
Robin
Call me Robin, please.

Schulmanator

Dantes

A beautiful region view. :)  I expect more trees so the cats to scratch and what fields with catnip.  :P

Schulmanator

Barring unforeseen changes, this is a list of all districts in the NCR and it is actually complete. Next up will be a few chapters from District 2- the Feline Quarter.

metarvo

I'm looking forward to seeing how this plays out.  A little pre-planning is almost always beneficial to city development.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Schulmanator

East Tenne: Feline Quarter

The second arrondissement of the national capital, adjacent to the Royal Quarter, is the Feline Quarter. The Feline Quarter is the home of the magnificent Bureau of Feline Affairs palace, which serves as the administrative headquarters for BFA activities in Schulmania and its colonies. The district centers around this landmark and its extensive gardens, but contains far more than just a palace. The bustling and densely developed district will be explored in multiple updates, as we stroll the palace grounds, amble along the Riverwalk, marvel at the plethora of cultural and economic amenities, and enjoy the ambiance that only a feline capital can provide.

The densely populated district has many short diagonal roads near the BFA compound. Altogether, they make use of every single Parisian diagonal BAT ever published in the LEX/STEX. That's right, not a one has been left out of District II.

One the main thoroughfares is Chancellor Mooky Boulevard. Over 1,000 carriages and wagons traverse the road daily.

Here's an easy to find landmark on the west side of the district: the Column of Baron Nik

Pedestrian walkways have been installed at key places along major thoroughfares to reduce delays for walkers and carriages

Check off a few more diagonals... this is Rue Calico

This is the Bureau of Feline Affairs Palace, the centerpiece of the district and one of the foci of national power in the nation. From here, Governor-General H. J. Franciflora and his staff administer the nation's feline affairs. The international headquarters of the BFA is located in The Wirdleplex. The palace sits amidst luxurious gardens. The grounds are known as the Jardin des Felines and remain open to the public during business hours.

At center on the top floor is the Governor-General's office. He has an inspiring view of the town and the beautiful gardens. I wonder if that distracts him from his work. I think I'd be gawking at the surroundings all the time and not get any work done. But of course, I am sure he is more focused than am I.

The Royal Protectorate of Harar is administered by the Bureau of Feline Affairs and ruled by Queen Vera. As the population is mostly engaged in traditional feline culture, much of the government's functions are carried out here, at the Royal Embassy of Harar. Queen Vera, when not in her palace at Lake Felis or at the BFA headquarters in The Wirdleplex, often works from the embassy here in the capital. This suits her well, as she can be closer to her husband, Chancellor Mooky, who is often in the capital.

The Royal Embassy of Harar is next door to the BFA compound and is the only embassy in the capital. There are consulates in District VI, but non-BFA nations' embassies are in Friendsville, on the other side of the Tenne River.

Let's take a stroll through the magnificent Jardin des Felines. Designed by famed feline landscaper Fredrick Meow Olmstead, the garden consists of two distinct sections: rambling gardens along the front and sides and a formal, geometric section in the back, fronting the river.

The front and sides of the palace have grounds such as this, with plantings and walkways in exuberant abundance

The formal gardens in the back are much different but equally inspiring

On a sunny day, picnics aplenty fill the lawns

One of the signature features of the Feline Quarter is its waterfront. The south shore of the Wirdle River has been developed into a park- the Riverwalk. Riverwalk Park is the nation's first attempt to develop a shoreline as a recreational area. Usually, these places are left natural to encourage wildlife and preserve water quality. The BFA decided to use the minimally invasive technique of building walls along the shoreline to add space for strollers and fishers without compromising the river. Since its inception, the Riverwalk has been a huge success with the locals. The concept is sure to be reproduced elsewhere.

The beautiful Wirdle River beckons...

You can head downstairs to the waterline to fish. The national fish, the catfish, is plentiful and pan fries excellently.

Further east, the Riverwalk encompasses a large plaza, dominated by a gilded column

As you can tell, Olmstead did a fine job marrying the Riverwalk to the formal gardens. Truly, his impressive work is meritorious of an award. And he has received a medal from the BFA for his efforts.

The Riverwalk continues to surprise as we stroll its length. Around every bend we find monuments, pocket parks and special features.

We have barely started to see what the Feline Quarter has to offer. Across the street from the BFA palace we find St. Sylvester's Square, home of the golden domed church of the same name. St. Sylvester Puddytat is one of the most popular figures in the feline world and his ravenous spirit is celebrated in many places.

The church is flanked by huge bronze statues. This one is of Dr. Kannopenner, inventor of Fancy Feast.

The church's dome uses over 10,000 ounces of pure gold and is a blinding sight at the right time of day. Sunrise and sunset, the effect is dazzling and not to be missed.

To conclude our tour of the Feline Quarter, we will see some wider view of different parts of the district. But, if you think we are finished exploring this amazing sector of the capital, think again! It will take eight full chapters to see all that is here. So, sit back and enjoy!

The intricate pattern of streets in the district makes ample use of diagonal buildings

Busy streets are lined with thriving shops and offices, many of who specialize in feline supplies. Ossie's Scratching Post, the premier feline outfitter, has several locations here in the capital.

In this wide view, we see the heart of the Feline Quarter. The massive palace complex is the heart of the district and dwarfs all of the other developments.

Though densely developed, nobody in the Feline Quarter is far from open space

In this photo alone are six different Parisian diagonals. Told you!

Here we see more of the Riverwalk

St. Sylvester's is a landmark in its own right, located across the road from the palace

rooker1

Wow, what a huge, awesome update.  Loved every picture.

Robin
Call me Robin, please.

M4346

Great update, and beautiful and intricate gardens / parks layout and design to match amazing buildings!

I like your use of the French-themed buildings ;D

M
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

eldaldo

I love your updates.  I particularly like your parks, and the waterfront.  what are those seawalls?  they are beautiful!

Dantes

*woahw*  :o I like the Bureau of Feline Affairs Palace and the many w2w streets  :thumbsup: Awesome work again  &apls &apls &apls