• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Re: Santa Barbara County - Update: The End.

Started by RickD, March 12, 2010, 07:09:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RickD

Two more blocks (east and west of W 4th Street) in the CBD are to be demolished for new commercial highrises.

This short section of West 4th Street is closed during most of the construction phase.

The new buildings form a nicer transition from the low rise area to the skyscrapers along 1st Avenue.

The skyline at night.

kbieniu7, threestooges, peter007, bat, carlfatal, apeguy, Skimbo, Dantes:
Thank you! I am glad you like it. :)
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

nbvc

Ol.S / Benoit

What a great way to start this OSITM month Raphael ! Two amazing updates :)
Benoit.
MD : Click on picture

TiFlo

Nice little update. And congratulations for the well deserved OSITM!  :)

io_bg

Congrats on your second OSITM! And great reconstruction/redevelopment shots!
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

noahclem

First off, congratulations on a second and well-deserved OSITM  &hlp

I must apologize for taking so long to comment  :'(  Your MD has always been a favorite of mine, combining a brilliant transportation network with a great selection of BATs, realistic planning, and a pleasant explanations of your developments. I hope you have all kinds of exciting stuff planned for us this month!

The last two updates look very nice! While I'm sorry to see historic buildings lost the new ones look great and the city-center is really taking shape here. Keep up the great work  :thumbsup:

Kergelen

Links to SC4 websites

dedgren

Ahhh, the ongoing battle between the preservationists and progress.  I tend to take my stands on a case-by-case basis.  My general sense is, though, that if folks want something preserved, they need to be prepared to put some of their own skin into the game.  There's nothing that gripes me worse than seeing people who say that something is truly important to preserve, but then will stand by after the developer moves on and do nothing to contribute to keep it from becoming a dilapidated eyesore.  I think that the Nature Conservancy, in that regard, has the perfect model.  If its members want to protect an area, they a) buy it, or b) buy the development rights in the form of a conservation easement.

Always great to pay a visit to Santa Barbara County!

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

turtle

Nice work taking good care of that skyline :)

... and congrats on the OSITM, it is well deserved!
My name is Thomas...

art128

Oh no, I liked that old theater... I hope they'll build a new one somewhere, like some big modern building, ya know ?
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

carlfatal

Again some great update, cool construction site and the triangular building is awesome!
Thanks to Kergelen: i´ve learned! The name of this process is not de- it´s reconstruction.  ;D
And so i´m fine with what i see,  $%Grinno$%

Greetz, Carl

bat

Wonderful looking skyline there!
Also the night shot of it is great.

Looking forward to more...

RickD

Another quick redevolpment update for today. I am trying to make the most out of the OSITM by posting more but smaller updates than usual.

Another new building will be constructed on 1st Avenue.

Construction is underway.

The finished building.

And another night shot. ;)

nbvc, Ol.S / Benoit, TiFlo, io_bg, noahclem, Kergelen, dedgren, turtle, art128, carlfatal, bat:
Thanks for the comments. I am sorry for not answering individually. :( But this does not mean that I do not appreciate every comment. ;)
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

Badsim

There's too much MDs to comment for a single and busy man  ( even if I visit them all ) , but your pictures are representative of  the high quality of urban scenes we can see by these days so that's a perfect place to tell it : simply convincing ,  so hard to reach ...

&apls &apls &apls

Reverently .

Cédric.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

apeguy

More redevelopment I see. To be honest I think it looked better before, the buildings fitted in with their surroundings better than the new office building, but that never stops developers in real life, so this is still an excellent update for realism. Looking forward to more. ;D ;D

The Deltan Empire is here! Click the Banner to have a look! | Kanalka City, Capital of the Barrier Islands

PlayStation Network ID: theapeguy

Dantes

Your building sites look great. I like the new building. A very American atmosphere.  :thumbsup:

peter007

Great development in your CBD. I've enjoyed the last three updates. They're so normal and yet so special. There's realy a story going through, why the city developed. I like it. Surely if it's going about cities. That's exactly were this game has been made for. Try to keep this up.

-Ernst

Gringamuyloca

&ops
The how and why I have not commented here before escapes me, considering I always look forward to seeing a new post in your fantastic MD and have since your first post! :o  ???

There are many facets to enjoy about your MD, though I admit to being partial to your networks and 'long' shots. I like the way you have taken your readers on this evolving journey through 'content' and time.

Congrats on your very deserved 2nd visit to OSITM!  :thumbsup:

Tamara

noahclem

I think you are a wiser man than I for breaking up your OSITM into smaller more frequent updates  $%Grinno$%

The new redevelopment looks great! I like this redeveloping theme and hope you continue with it. A good city center is all in the details and great highrise ones with SC4 are especially hard to find. I think I'll borrow your technique for whenever I finally get around to developing Siilijoki's city center (again). All that being said, I'm definitely looking forward to seeing more of your great work with roads and rails  :thumbsup:

MTT9

Although i prefer a bit longer updates, i have to say its nice to have something new from Santa Barbara so fast   ;)
You can call me Matt