• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

LEX Power Search Missing Creator(s)

Started by Tyberius06, June 24, 2018, 01:34:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyberius06

Hi!

Accidently I ran into this issue. As we know the right side of main Devotion page there is LEX SPOTLIGHT box with random plugins what were uploaded to the exchange. I found this METMW: Rakhana-Drell Slum Arcology plugin there, and I went to the download page, since I didn't remember that METMW plugins came to the LEX too, not just to the STEX. So I wanted to filter everything with the creator, republic, but the name doesn't appear in the LEX Power Search Author/Creator field, like the others (or mine). The creator have more METMW stuffs, I was able to find them by searching to the word METMW, but I don't know if he/she has anything else uploaded.
Why is the name missing from the uploader list? Or is it missing only on my side? It's supposed to be between Reddonquixote and RippleJet.

Thanks in advance!

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

Tarkus

Thanks for catching that, Tyberius!  In order for an uploader's name to appear under the Author/Creator field in the LEX Power Search, there's a little "Author" box that needs to be checked via the User Admin Panel.  In the days when the LEX was a closed exchange requiring approval, generally, the Admins would check the "Author" box as part of the process of setting a new uploader (or a custodial account) on the exchange.  However, now, with the tiered open LEX, the Admin side isn't involved in any sort of approval process (except in cases where we certify uploaders).  I haven't watched it closely, but it may be getting auto-checked now when a user uploads something, but for awhile, I don't think it was, and some creators who first uploaded in the early days of the open LEX might not have gotten listed as a result.

In any case, I've checked the "Author" box on republic's LEX account now, so they will now show up on the list.  If there's any others out there who are missing, let us know, and we'll get them onto the list.

-Alex

eagle74

This is very interesting.  So, if you power search a LEX category, e.g. Residential Midrise, it may not be showing all the items in the DB that fit this category (if the author box isn't checked)?

Tyberius06

Nope. Only applies for the Author/Creator power search. There is a list with the uploaders and what I found, that at least one name was missing from there. If you search for Res Midrises you will still get all the hits whether the author was listed or not.
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

eagle74

Pioneer

Hello. Aaron Graham is missing. Please add him if possible. Thanks.

CasperVg

All previously missing authors should be in the Power Search now.
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube