• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show Us Your Car Accidents/Traffic!

Started by Haljackey, October 25, 2007, 03:00:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

soulchaser

Recently Iced

You might also visit my participitation in GRVII - Bordertown!

j-dub

Yeah Jack Xu, never before has anyone captured a massive wreck from rock slide erosion in SC4 over here before. At least the tractor is already there, and the back up is not worse, but as always weather causing traffic jams are an inconvenience for travelers none the less.

Blue Lightning

jackxu, very nice effects!

Traffic? What traffic!? :D
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

Dcerv5633

Couldn't find a crash screenshot except for one I caused... :(

I was driving my Lamborghini northbound at 200mph (around 330km/h) when a white taxi going eastbound came in front of me... I turned left but I hit a white truck then other cars started crashing and the white taxi went northbound and crashed into an apartment complex...

samerton

@ Blue Lightning: Wow... that's a lot of cars! :o
@ Dcerv5633: That's a big crash!

samerton

@ Haljackey: wow... that's a big accident :o

Terring7

Small town, big traffic jam :bomb:

And this is what happen when you have drunk drivers :D

"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

Gugu3

That is a massive junction Hal :D looks a bit like it's made for car accidents

Nanami

well its photoshopped but heres mine:

and its an old picture though :P

Belgrade Sim

Morning rush hour to the city center!

Haljackey

Pythias900KMB

Some of these vehicle collisions are a real mess and I am scratching my head as to what the Sims involved in that wreck were thinking when they made that mistake (or got caught up in somebody else's).  One thing that really drives me batty about RL highways is how people cannot seem to proactively plan their lane position to either avail or bypass the interchange.  It is not like the interchange does an Houdini henshin every night . . . if one really exerts the effort, he can determine which lanes bypass the interchange versus the lanes to avail the interchange along with their routing and establish his lane position accordingly.

As for the signalized intersections in SC4, there needs to be something where the automata is not so quick to execute left turns simply because of the green light; in RL, we would wait to execute an opportunistic left turn until after the oncoming motor (and pedestrian) traffic has crossed the intersection.  There are also intersections with a traffic signal that denies autocratic left turns until after the oncoming traffic has come to a halt before a red light.  I am certain that somebody can create a mod to that effect.

Haljackey

Are sims riding the bus or driving a bus as their car?

APSMS

Two Questions:

How does anyone drive on that interchange when the highway department can't even remember not to plant trees on the roadway?

and

Did someone turn off buses contribute to traffic in their NAM Traffic Simulator? $%Grinno$%

Also, Gee that's a lot of buses!
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

Haljackey

Answers.

1. They fixed it:

2. No, this is actual bus traffic. NAM simulator Low, radical 24h simulation.

compdude787

Quote from: Haljackey on November 16, 2016, 06:18:33 PM
2. No, this is actual bus traffic. NAM simulator Low, radical 24h simulation.

You have the traffic simulator on low capacity, yet you build bigger cities than all of us. Strange...

I guess you want to see LOTS of traffic, huh?
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

Nanami

From some edited image back in Holiday Travel June 2016:

the second one is obviously edited  ;D