• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

New ID for subway pieces: is new NAM responsible?

Started by 0rion79, April 18, 2009, 08:17:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0rion79

Hello, sorry for disturbing for a minor matter but, now that I have time to play again SC4, I have seen something new, that I didn't remember when I left the game, due to lack of time, several months ago.

Since one of my priorities is to order icons accordingly with my preferences and then dat-pack everything for a more performing game experince, I've seen that some icons look placed in a different order than before.
As you can see from this picture...

the subway pieces look located in a new position, or maybe it is my mind that is tricking me. I bet that it has "item order" 3 or 4, since I remember that I have left the RTMT stations in that position for a faster use (for me).

Anyway, is it possible to change the "item order" of such items? If so, please, tell me how to do it: I've tried with Ilive reader, but I can't see where those pieces are located.
At least for me, it is really a very disturbing matter.
Thank you very much!

Jonathan

In the Network Addon Mod\Plugins folder there is a file called: NetworkAddonMod_Custom_Misc_Transport_Menu_Plugin_Optional.dat

Try removing that it should solve the problem :)

Jonathan

0rion79

No, it did not :( Subway tube pieces are still in that strange position.

Andreas

Actually, I removed the menu placement modification in said NAM Plugin in the current release, since it moved the subway tool icon, but not the icons for the station, which caused even more scrolling than before (Maxis placed the subway tool icon right next to the subway station, which was fine unless you installed more subway lots). Obviously, with that many subway stations out there, it's almost impossible to find a better spot, unless you check the item order for your lots and modify it accordingly. Try adding the attached file to your plugins folder, and if the position is still annoying, try to edit the Item Order property within the exemplar file with the Reader.
Andreas

0rion79

Pity, it didn't work but it is ok: I've found a way to group together some of my custom icons, obtaining some free space and, after all, not loosing anything.
Still, would like to know what has caused this trange unwanted effect. Whatever...
have a nice day and thanks again for help!