• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

District of Wenzel - Update 116 - 3/17/15

Started by packersfan, June 04, 2010, 12:10:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eldaldo

your region view is my favorite.  the amount of time you have put into making it is evident.  I like your suburbs too.  they are very realistic!  also, you make me want to learn how to use RHW.  I still haven't tried to use it.  it seems like alot of work.

packersfan

Replies to Your Comments:

eldaldo: your region view is my favorite.  the amount of time you have put into making it is evident.  I like your suburbs too.  they are very realistic!  also, you make me want to learn how to use RHW.  I still haven't tried to use it.  it seems like alot of work.

Thank you very much.  Yeah, RHW is beautiful, but it can be frustrating at times because it isn't terribly flexible yet!

Update 61 - Capital Stadium: Home of the Martin Warriors
Today we will stop and explore new Capital Stadium, home of the Martin Warriors of the National Baseball League.

Old Municipal Stadium.  In addition to the Warriors needing a new stadium, Municipal Stadium was also located in the path of the north-south freeway.

Original Martin Warriors logo.  The teams original colors consisted of white, red, and black.

We get off I-80/I-55 at exit 82A (D50, N18, Capital Stadium, Brittany River Blvd).

The new stadium, Capital Stadium, is situated on the riverfront likes its predecesor, however, the riverfront was altered to accomodate the new stadium's larger footprint.

Along with the new stadium, the Martin Warriors unveiled new logos and uniforms.  The teams colors now consist of white, maroon, gold, and black and feature a non-Indian warrior so as to avoid clashes with "offended parties".

Parking on the east side of the stadium.

Views of the new stadium.  The new stadium features a retractable roof.

Hope you enjoyed the update.  I just love the few really good stadium recreation BATs out there.  Too bad the only two options for MLB stadiums are SAFECO Field and Minute Maid Park, both retractable roof from the side.  Would love to see a more classic style stadium or Miller Park!  Ditto for NFL stadiums, only Reliant Stadium currently available, but that has a (retractable) roof.  Would love to have an open field (Lambeau anyone?).

Check out the District of Wenzel Street Map to get an idea where we are.

Evillions8

This deserves more attention than its getting right now, great work man!  ;)

art128

Quote from: Evillions8 on August 07, 2012, 10:22:18 AM
This deserves more attention than its getting right now, great work man!  ;)

Indeed!

Very nice work on the new stadium area.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

packersfan

Evillions8: This deserves more attention than its getting right now, great work man!

Thanks, I'm coming back soon, so hopefully it will attention will pick up, too.

art128:
Indeed!

Very nice work on the new stadium area.

Thank you.  Yeah, this diary doesn't get much action here on SC4D.  Sorry I have been AWOL for the last two months.

Update 62 - Bakers Neighborhood: Uttica Creek Parkway
A break from the tour along I-80, though we are just across the rails from I-80/I-55.  We are in Bakers Neighborhood, one of the earliest areas I built in my city after the original penisula downtown.  Nothing exceptional in this area of town.  WTAM Green Line 4 runs along Baltimore Avenue.  The neighborhood is anchored by one end of the Uttica Creek Parkway.

Small update, but I've been busy and really didn't want to do a full blown tour update.  Really trying to play SimCity more and fill up the region...

packersfan

Update 63 - Uttica Creek Neighborhood: Oklahoma Avenue
We continue along Uttica Creek, first south and then west.  First we see Exit 79B to West Oklahoma Avenue which runs just south of Uttica Creek.

We've seen this area before, just north of the University of Wenzel - Martin campus.

Remember?

As you probably have seen, the street map has been updated quite a bit.  I'm currently working on the area near St. Paul, though I might go back and fill in more area between Martin and Hawthorne on the south side.  Really, I'm just building everywhere, haha.

nbvc

RickD

I like the latest updates. Oh, and I have your streetmap bookmarked. It is the most awesome SC4 map ever ( ()stsfd()
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

packersfan

nbvc:
Great work on this update and the previous.

Thank you.  I am really trying to catch SC4Devotion up to date, but I never seem to get ahead, haha.

RickD:
I like the latest updates. Oh, and I have your streetmap bookmarked. It is the most awesome SC4 map ever

Thank you.  The street map is my baby, haha.

Update 64 - Cedarwood and Penelope River Industries
Today we explore the industrial area along the Penelope River.

Penelope River prior to development.

Docks.

Cedarwood, steel mill, and railyard.

Emerald Electric

I need to do some serious building.  Seems I am running out of unexposed places, except for areas that are not complete!

nbvc

packersfan

nbvc: Fantastic industrial area.

Thanks.  Always try my best, though sometimes I'm not so pleased.

Update 65 - AXELROD: Small Farm Community to Crossroads
I have had these pictures laying around for a while.  Here is another little community that has now been enveloped by the expansion of Martin.  On the street map, I still have Axelrod's town limits and street names, though, it has been annexed by the City of Martin.

Axelrod was just a small community along Hawthorne Pike (D-34).

South 32nd Street is expanded south to Axelrod Avenue.  The City of Martin is poised to expand into the farmland surrounding Axelrod.

Shops along D-34 in Axelrod.  We can see a gas station at the upper part of the picture.

Axelrod's streets are upgraded from dirt to packed gravel.

As the City of Martin overtakes Axelrod, the intersection of West Axelrod Avenue, South 40th Street, and West Hawthorne Avenue (D-34, N-45) is completely rebuilt.

Old Axelrod is certainly no longer a farming community.

Now many years later even the City of Martin is starting to rot as houses are abandoned and empty lots appear more and more.

Wenzel Commuter Rail Hawthorne-Martin Line and WTAMetro Red Line 1.

Today's update is shaded white.  Last week's update is just south of where we are today.

Sometimes I hit a rut, but I think I'll start hammering away building again.  I think I may have to restart the St. Paul tile (so far only seen in Update 5, I believe.  It will be a shame since the design of that downtown was kind of cool and shortsighted, haha.

jmyers2043

That is a nice regional shot. I have a question if you don't mind. How big do you normally zone a farm?

- Jim

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

packersfan

jmyers2043: That is a nice regional shot. I have a question if you don't mind. How big do you normally zone a farm?

- Jim

I based my plot sizes on the same standard of the U.S. midwest and west.  Roads are placed every mile creating square mile blocks (100 tiles x 100 tiles).  I then usually plot farms of (50x50 tiles, so there are four farm plots in each square mile).  I sometimes divide these 1/4 square mile plots into three or four farms or just three or four different fields), but everything in my region is essentially based on 1 square mile blocks between main roads...once in the city, every half mile road is a main road, but in the farm area, roads appear every 1 mile.

nedalezz

&apls &apls and a thousand times  &apls

The last few updates (especially the one with the port area) just blew me away!

packersfan

nedalezz: The last few updates (especially the one with the port area) just blew me away!

Thanks a lot.

Update 66 - Fort Orangeport Drive: Sheridan Park Neighborhood
We move north of Old Axelrod to Fort Orangeport Drive.  Yikes, I have nothing really to say about this update.

As you can see, these pictures are pre-freeway.

Mulholland Avenue shopping district and Chester Mulholland High School.

Hope you enjoyed this little update.  Fort Orangeport Drive was inspired by Garfield Blvd in Chicago.

sim_link

Can't say I remember posting in this version. Nice to see it here too. :) Great realism as always... and like a constantly say I really like your off-grid approach to building.

RickD

The intersection of W Mullholland Ave and W Hawthorne Ave is crazy. I didn't even know the game would let you build this.  $%Grinno$%
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

packersfan

RickD: The intersection of W Mullholland Ave and W Hawthorne Ave is crazy. I didn't even know the game would let you build this.

I actually have a number of intersections like that.  Six Corners on the north side being the first one I built in the entire region.

sim_link:
Can't say I remember posting in this version. Nice to see it here too.  Great realism as always... and like a constantly say I really like your off-grid approach to building.

I try to post here, but it seems every few months I get banned for a bad IP...the struggles of accessing websites from China.

Update 67 - ST PAUL: Updated Downtown and Riverfront
I am finally giving some attention to Martin's southern neighbor, St. Paul.  Last time we saw St. Paul was in update 5!  It was basically just St. Paul's Cathedral surrounded by brownstone apartments on a Christina River peninsula.  Now, the downtown has grown and at least ten high-rises have sprung up surpassing St. Paul's Cathedral in height.  The riverfront has also been spruced up with new embankments and parks.

A little teaser from the next penisula west.

Well hopefully I am back to updating weekly.  I am trying to figure out how to build up St. Paul nicely, so the next few updates will be St. Paul.

noahclem

Great updates  &apls  I don't know of anyone else who's maps and region views look as good as yours. Also, I'd love to see Miller Park batted as well!  Glad to see you back active again  :thumbsup:

packersfan

noahclem: Great updates    I don't know of anyone else who's maps and region views look as good as yours. Also, I'd love to see Miller Park batted as well!  Glad to see you back active again

Thanks a lot.  Yeah, I would love to see different stadiums batted.

Update 68 - ST PAUL: Northside Schools and Parks
More St. Paul!  St. Paul's School District and Parks and Recreation Department are closely tied.  Nearly every school in St. Paul is built within a park.  Therefore, many parks in St. Paul are called **** School Park.  Today we will look at some schools and parks from the northside of St. Paul.  I suggest you open the District of Wenzel Street Map to see where these schools are.

Gilead Park is situated between Green Park Ave, Antioch Dr, and I-255.  I noticed I didn't include it on the map.  I will update that shortly.

Hope you enjoyed seeing some "school parks".  I will have to do a full update on this area, so beautiful for an urban area.