• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Can the cleanitol program be pointed to a different drive or path?

Started by scottott999, July 06, 2009, 11:31:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scottott999

Is there anyway to point the cleanitol program to a different drive?  I believe the program is hardcoded to use the path C:\Program Files\Maxis\SimCity 4 Deluxe\Plugins folder

I need to point the program to the path below if possible.

F:\Program Files\Maxis\SimCity 4 Deluxe\Plugins folder

I have a small C: drive that I use just for my operating system and Antivirus program and unfortunately its not big enough to store my plugins folder.

BarbyW

Cleanitol actually looks only for files in the MyDocs\SimCity 4\Plugins folder. It does not look for files in C:\Program Files\Maxis\SimCity 4 Deluxe\Plugins folder.

I suggest that you read xxdita's entertaining guide to using it. This is pinned at the top of the forum.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

doorknob60

I need this too. I keep all my SimCity stuff on H:\austin\SimCity 4 instead of in My Documents, since H is my Linux home directory and it's where I keep all my important stuff (it's the partition I don't format or anything, I can mess around with the other partitions all I want). In SimCity I just use the -UserDir: command switch, but I can't do that with Cleanitol. No, I'm not moving it to My Documents, don't ask me to.
Click here if you want to play SimCity 4 in Linux :)
Click here if you want to try Linux :)