• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

FLEX Turn Lanes (FTL) and Related Projects - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, August 01, 2009, 09:36:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarkus

Quote from: j-dub on December 07, 2015, 08:04:18 PM
Not to be knittpicky, but looking down, unfortunately the first thing that gets my attention is the left turn arrow under the traffic signal at that prototype crossroad telling drivers to turn the wrong way. I personally would of preferred the pre-existing public center turn lane restrictor pieces still remain alive when ever this is finished to disable the arrows in this situation, unless something else was planned already.

Unfortunately, with the way the T21s on the TLA center turn arrows work, there's no way to disable the arrows on the stock TLA. 

-Alex

compdude787

Speaking of the turn-lane arrows, they ought to be flipped so that the arrows are not pointing to each other, but away from each other. I have never seen turning lane arrows the way they are arranged in the NAM (pointing to each other) in real life. This is something that has bothered me and it would be nice to see it fixed. :)

EDIT: Here's what I'm talking about, illustrated below:

(I know, I should have posted this on the NWM thread; feel free to move this if you wish)
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

eyelevel

So by transitioning away from puzzle pieces, you mean to a more-or-less drag and click like in my picture below

But if this is how roundabouts work I don't seem to understand how this hasn't been implemented yet. Is the RHW more flexible with this behavior than a road network or is it just a time thing that the NAM team can only do so much at once?

mgb204

Precisely because this is how the roundabouts work means that another different "pattern" must be utilised. That or changes to roundabouts to accommodate it. This is this first issue with any flex content, figuring out how all the setups you want to work will use patterns that won't start appearing in places they are not wanted. The next is to put the code and resources (textures, models) in place to actually make it work. This is all time-consuming stuff where one number or character being wrong can mess with everything.

Durfsurn

I have been developing Draggable Slip lanes recently in the private threads with non-interfering patterns. I may post some pictures when a little more progress is made but they are coming at some point.

-Billy

dyoungyn

Alex,

SWEET.  I have bee playing around with your one way road intersections and I LOVE EM.  I agree that is would be great to either end or T with a road network only on one side.  Keep em coming and and thank you for your ingenuity.

dyoungyn

Molang

Wow Alex, that is amazing.  &apls I'm so stunned about how the NAM is still going so strong after returning. I think its really safe to say that the NAM is an integral part of the SC4 community, which keeps bringing more and more playersto Simcity 4 and tempts those to retrun. Great work!
Annyeongseo! 몰랑 Immida!

metarvo

OWR signalization certainly is a dream come true, and of course OWR TuLEPs are the icing on the cake.  Nice work!  :thumbsup:
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

compdude787

It will be great to finally be able to use TuLEPs with one way roads! Awesome work!
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

Haljackey

Quote from: metarvo on January 04, 2016, 05:49:18 PM
OWR signalization certainly is a dream come true, and of course OWR TuLEPs are the icing on the cake.  Nice work!  :thumbsup:

I never even noticed the traffic lights until you mentioned them. Facepalm moment.

Thanks for pointing them out!

Tarkus

A little more where that came from . . .

I'll also give a little bit of a hint--these technically aren't TuLEPs, but rather, something that (at least internally) has been called an FTL, mixed in with the base OWR Signalization stuff from NAM 34.

-Alex

dyoungyn

Once again AWESOME.  The one thing that I have been wanting for YEARS is one way roads with TLUP intersection lights for RHW exit ramps.  I looks as if this may finally be coming true. 

GREAT JOB Alex and keep em coming.  I love where SC4 is going. 

dyoungyn

cmdp123789

Great! Things like this right here are the things that make me come back to the game.. Thanks for keeping the dream alive 2003 - ?  :satisfied:

jgehrts

Tarkus

Or Faster Than Light :D--which this new method seems to be when constructing turn lanes, at least compared to the old TuLEP static puzzle pieces.

I'll have more details on that soon.  In the meanwhile, just started on this beast last night . . .

-Alex

Wiimeiser

Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

Tarkus

It's hosted on SimTarkus, and WordPress has been doing some server maintenance in the past few hours, so it might go in and out a bit right now.  It is showing up for me at present, but in any case, here it is hosted on Imgur.

-Alex

dyoungyn

Alex,

FABULOUS and OUTSTANDING!!!!  Are you able to do the same thing with AVE 6/7 with TLUPS for such?

Tarkus

I haven't gotten to expanding this functionality to the triple-tile NWM networks yet, but suffice to say, that's definitely in the cards going forward. 

-Alex