• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

FLEX Turn Lanes (FTL) and Related Projects - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, August 01, 2009, 09:36:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wallasey

Mrtnrln: We most certainly are; sometimes too much! Our streetscenes are perhaps more cluttered than yours in NL!

jibjohn: I think I have seen it done....but only rarely. If I see one I will let you know!

Edit: Local places where I though there were solid....aren't !

ivo_su

jibjohn I can give you any files you want PNG textures only need to  be clearer  what you need. If someone you gave them already sorry that I delayed. I long ago wanted to work on a project to  create  a TuLEP's of OWR's.

Ivo

jibjohn

@ivo_su,
well i was looking to make a uk version of Shadow Assassin's "TuLEP Cosmetic Mod", so mainly editing the current european version

GDO29Anagram

Looking at the current TuLEPs, I can deduce one thing: What about merge lanes for the other side?!!

Example http://maps.google.com/?ll=34.133168,-116.386645&spn=0.001339,0.003664&t=h&z=19

This example shows the maximum "swelling" of an AVE-2; Two left turn lanes, an offset right turn lane, and a merge lane.

(You can tell where I'm going with this...)

So I ended up revising my proposed TuLEP nomenclature once again to include the following merge lanes:

A - Single Left
B - Double Left
C - Offset Right
D - Lane Redux Right
E - Merge lane, like in my example
F - The merge lane becomes a full-fledged lane; Alex, this is how you said MAVE TuLEPs would be, except you'd lose another lane on the other side using the D-TuLEP

There are also 20 possible combinations, but that would clearly take up the entire alphabet; The example I have would be an AVE-2 BCE-TuLEP.

Alex stated that the only TuLEPs for MAVEs would be those that convert MAVE-6 to MAVE-4. Essentially, that's a a DF-TuLEP, but they can apply for every network, even AVE-8 to AVE-6. The problem is AVE-4 to AVE-2, or AVE-6 to AVE-4, but offseting the networks in question could be a solution. (Two-tile AVE-2 and three-tile AVE-4; Plus, the capacities for the two-tile OWRs are inconsistent enough; It probably wouldn't matter for offset AVEs.)

And yes, it DOES happen. http://maps.google.com/?ll=34.135637,-116.048514&spn=0.001339,0.003664&t=h&z=19 Offset MAVEs would also be needed.

The only ramifications of this is that there would be more than 400000 possible + SIP configurations. This problem arises mainly with 2x2 SIPs; The 3x3s could be made modular enough to overcome the problem. As of the 2x2s, there are two solutions: FlexTuLEPs/SIPs or just cutting up the SIPs into 1x1 quadrants, just as the 3x3s would be cut into 9 segments.

Once again, I'm uprooting the organisational logistics for the sake of unifying everything together. $%Grinno$%
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

ivo_su

Definitely work and variations in TuLEP's are limitless, making this project  one of the  layer  performance.  There are so many possible combinations that will require decades of work on so they are fact. For me, this project will be the most  intriguing  and most potential  for future development.

- Ivo

willsim

I have a request it's for ave ending at a road with a road going steright. thanks willsim

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: willsim on July 21, 2011, 05:14:59 AM
I have a request it's for ave ending at a road with a road going steright.

Something like this?

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ll=34.135625,-116.048528&spn=0.00135,0.003664&t=h&z=19

If so, I would imagine it would require a two-tile offset Road for a short while. TuLEP logistics have still yet to be figured out, though; Such setups aren't thoroughly investigated yet...
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

willsim

Quote from: GDO29Anagram on July 21, 2011, 08:28:01 AM

Something like this?

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ll=34.135625,-116.048528&spn=0.00135,0.003664&t=h&z=19

If so, I would imagine it would require a two-tile offset Road for a short while. TuLEP logistics have still yet to be figured out, though; Such setups aren't thoroughly investigated yet...
very simalar except for that it has turn left turn lanes on the ave and maybee the road like this :(except all are orthagonal) aps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ll=34.135625,-116.048528&spn=0.00135,0.003664&t=h&z=19 (scrol down a bit)

willsim

I have another 2 requests a road type a1 with sliplanes with dirictonal only markings and the same for ave + slip lanes for b1 ave with directonal markings

Rionescu

Quote from: GDO29Anagram on July 21, 2011, 08:28:01 AM

Something like this?

This could be done relatively easily with NMAVE-4 as opposed to an AVE-4, but I don't see that happening this time around either.

pimmapman

I also have an idea; what about a 3 lane tulep, with the right lane for right turn, middle lane for straight, and the left lane for turning left, except it is a slip lane. I know it probably won't be in this edition, but maybe in a later version?

strucka

And you're talking about the LHD version right? You should point that out, because standard road markings, signs, orientation and everything else in Simcity regarding roads is similar to North American, that means yellow lines and driving on the right side.
Otherwise, I second this idea, because it seems very useful.

j-dub

Don't know if that is possible with avenues, but the RHD version, there was a three lane road TuLEP that did just that, with the outer lane directly ending to the slip lane.

jondor

Quote from: pimmapman on July 29, 2011, 08:20:39 PM
I also have an idea; what about a 3 lane tulep, with the right lane for right turn, middle lane for straight, and the left lane for turning left, except it is a slip lane. I know it probably won't be in this edition, but maybe in a later version?

Pieces like that are planned for the advanced TuLEPs set, which is still in development at present.
All new animated railroad crossing props for networks of all sizes! (Phase 1 complete)--> http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=13209

Mostly writing pony stories on FimFiction.net, but Cities: Skylines is my new best friend.  Anything and everything I made for SimCity 4 is fair game for use and distribution.

dragonshardz

Quote from: strucka on July 31, 2011, 05:02:03 AM
And you're talking about the LHD version right? You should point that out, because standard road markings, signs, orientation and everything else in Simcity regarding roads is similar to North American, that means yellow lines and driving on the right side.

Depends, actually. Simcity 4 does both LHD and RHD.

delta9

Quote from: dragonshardz on August 01, 2011, 11:12:49 AM

strucka is simply pointing out that SC4 transit is generally discussed as RHD.

jdenm8

Quote from: delta9 on August 03, 2011, 01:40:07 AM
Quote from: dragonshardz on August 01, 2011, 11:12:49 AM

strucka is simply pointing out that SC4 transit is generally discussed as RHD.

That has very little bearing on the conversation. I agree that it could have been more neutrally worded using terms such as 'Outside' and 'Inside' (which can be applied across both setups without translation) rather than 'Right' and 'Left' (As a LHD player myself, I do this frequently).

However, he did state that his statement was in LHD.

Quote from: pimmapman on July 29, 2011, 08:20:39 PM

As you can probably figure out, you can't have a slip lane on the left in an RHD configuration.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

willsim

will a mis 1+1 (left-right, right only)x ave4 1+2+0 left, straight, straight) other side 2+1 (right, straight, straight,) (left, straight, straight or a ave4 2+1 (left, left, right)x ave 6 1+3(left, thru, thru, thru) other side 1+1+2 (right, right-thru,thru,thru what if any will be be available in the public release of advanced and basic?

j-dub

@Willsim: MIS, is a different story, because that is a part of the RHW cycle. Right now, RHW/MIS has prototype draggable capability, so left lane must turn left, right lane must turn right, there are prototype cosmetic pieces for RHW-4 right now that have arrows, which can be used in the same fashion as TuLEPs, but generally are designated for use before the ramps.
With more TuLEPs in production, the names/ arrangement of icon menu <-tab-> locations  still has to be worked out, the LHD | RHD thing is a part of it, but its not just the lanes, but also the X's / T's.

As for Advanced stuff: the good news is the wider parts of the NWM will eventually have TuLEPs, but so far I only have seen the turn lane in the center of AVE-6. I have only seen roads get the outside turning lane, don't know if this will become a reality with avenues or the other two tile networks, when you consider a road with an outside turn lane, and center turn lane takes two tiles.

Tarkus

There is a Type B (Dual Left Turn--Dual Right Turn for you LHD types) setup in development for the AVE-6/TLA-7.  I have some textures more or less completed, and I had initially looked into including them in NWM 2.0, but they will not be ready for that release. 

As j-dub mentioned, there have been some experiments on the MIS side with a draggable prototype--actually, this is the second time a prototype has been developed.  However, as the most recent draggable prototype is linked in with the Road Turn Lanes Plugin and there's still a fair bit to work out with its implementation, it won't be included in the upcoming RealHighway Version 5.0 release.  In fact, aside from some "TuLEPish" items like the cosmetic pieces and the "Fractional Angle Diamond (FAD) intersections", there will be no actual TuLEPs in RealHighway Version 5.0.

We are planning to experiment with TuLEP and general turn lane implementation after NAM Version 30 comes out, using some of the techniques we've developed in the process of putting this upcoming release cycle together.  This may mean things will be even more quiet here in the public TuLEP development thread going forward for awhile, however, as we retreat to the laboratory, so to speak. 

-Alex