• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

FLEX Turn Lanes (FTL) and Related Projects - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, August 01, 2009, 09:36:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack_wilds

ivo_su:

whao now cowboy  %BUd% slow down and take a breath now...  ()testing()

I feel you are misunderstanding everyone here... your idea and desire to have international road marking conventions to use is admirable and doable...the markings can be made using a method(s) involving T21s, it just needs some one to make it happen... some one who knows how to program and create the textures for the T21s is the issue...

NO ONE is advocating, saying or forcing anyone to just use USA/english road markings conventions...  we are quit aware -painfully so concerning certain issues, and I encourage you to not be discouraged and 'storm-off'... I feel you are experiencing a misunderstanding here that can be easily resolved...

Best wishes

Jack

PS-Update: Looks like Tarkus has dealt with Ok-fine so my comments are rather irelevant now

ivo_su

Jack the creation of textures is not so complicated and I do once I offered my help to the team. And yes quite often feel misunderstood  among  most of you but what should be done to meet over time.

Best
Ivo

Blue Lightning

NOTE: THIS MOD IS OUTDATED. DOWNLOAD THE NEWEST VERSION HERE

5 minutes and 20 seconds.
(Clicky)

Only for road TuLEPs, its a texture replacement mod. Attached below if you want it :) Drop it into SimCity 4/Plugins/NetworkAddonMod/Plugins (or SimCity 4/Plugins/zzz*insert your own folder name here*. Just so as long as it loads after the TuLEP file)

I might hit the Avenue TuLEPs as well if I'm feeling like it
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

Shadow Assassin

For those who are interested (note, this will break Blue Lightning's cosmetic mod in the post above as it edits the same textures): TuLEP Cosmetic Mod.

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

ivo_su

Can I ask why there are arrows to turn left only. Do not you think that the arrow of each lane will be much more beautiful. It's nice that you have undertaken  with such cosmetic mods but I feel that this is specifically  directed  against  my criticisms of the  Blue Lightning and others who wanted the word ONLY in the marking. I hope to have new and more successful versions of such cosmetic mods for TuLEPs. Deserve the praise that you have undertaken  with such a nice effort and hopefully get a deserved reward for him, but most vaznoto is not to stop here.

GDO29Anagram

@Ivo: How come there are arrows in the left-turn lane pointing left but no arrows for the straight lanes going straight and so on? I guess that's how turn-lanes are commonly set up, but then again, I don't know about the rest of the world or any exceptions. Then again, that piece could be tackled with an Advanced TuLEP. I recall seeing something that comes close in Tarkus's Mayor Diary...

The Avenue Turn Lanes Plugin has arrows in all its lanes.

Keep in mind: Blue Lightning's setup is oriented for certain American-themed users, SA's is for Australian-themed users, due to its Australian crosswalks. (I feel like Vince should expand that to include every TuLEP and post THAT on the STEX, just so that even more variety exists; There's already Euro TuLEPs available. Looks like we've covered North America, Europe, and now Australia.)
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

ivo_su

Total'm really desperate. Until recently his only thought it but now I'm absolutely sure that if I want something has to be able  do it  and can not rely  on someone else. I stayed awake all night to see ..........
I'm too disappointed and upset about it better to go to bed because I can not say anything about that then I'm sorry but it was day out - horror

zakuten

They said it would be made. All versions are being made, not just ONLY, and not just the Australian one above. Don't worry about it.
Visit my MD Respublikii Anaksii , or the reboot CJ "Kara`i Shores" since the region wiped, at http://www.simtropolis.com/cityjournals/?p=toc&id=919 !
All comments are welcome! (Hopefully someday I can re-splice 'em together, but we'll see)

jdenm8

These mods replace the textures on your local machine by overriding them, they will not be replacing the generic US standard that ships with the NAM.

These mods can be created by anyone. Just because they're created by NAM Team members doesn't mean that these mods are otherwise associated with the NAM. I welcome both mods, even though only one is relevant to me.

They're both fully NAM compatible and will not replace the normal textures in the normal NAM package any time soon.
Heck, I even doubt they'll be maintained to support new TuLEPs configurations.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

noahclem

Great work guys! I've been thinking it would be cool to have a median in those avenue TuLEPs so this is a welcome surprise. I think I'll see if I can make it euro-compatible for me by taking out the road pieces (yellow marks) and intersections (Aussie crosswalks)--shouldn't have to add or modify anything.

I've seen a lot of those "only" markings in South Dakota and they'd provide great realism for cities in that style.

@ Ivo - I think everyone is painfully aware that you would like OWR TuLEPs and aggressively protesting any TuLEPs work that doesn't fit in with exactly what you like is probably not the best way to get what you want. I could use more R$$ mid-rises but I don't complain to Simfox if he releases a CO$$$ skyscraper (example). What they choose to do with their time and talent is up to those who create custom content.

Shadow Assassin

I did that mod because I didn't like how the default pieces were styled - not a knock on Alex's excellent work or anything - they just didn't fit in with what I wanted for my cities. So I made that cosmetic mod - it's up to other people whether they want to download it or not. I've made it available because I've had requests to release it.

As for other TuLEP variants, don't worry: more will be done.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

riiga

For all the Europeans out there, I will soon get started on a Euro version of SA's TuLEP textures.  ;)

Girafe

Quote from: riiga on May 17, 2011, 03:16:02 AM
For all the Europeans out there, I will soon get started on a Euro version of SA's TuLEP textures.  ;)

Ah ah so good news  ;)
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

ivo_su

What annoys me is hurt and that some members  of the  NAM see me as someone who only wants and give orders. And that saddens me very much because I do not intend to  be a consumer but obviously someone will have noticed it.  I get up and go to bed with the thought  of TuLEP's and NWM for this and am so sensitive to this topic.
Guess is democratic and everyone to do whatever he wants work but how people like me can do what they want in positions that are not given the opportunity and support. Just not fair that way - what should I do to be admitted to this private community and not only looks to me as a consumer. I want and trying to be helpful but ....

:'( :'( :'( ()sad() :'( :'( :'(

Ivo

j-dub

First of all, @Blue Lightning, THANK YOU for proving opposite of what I said, and actually making ONLY on turn-lanes a public reality!

As for Shadow Assassins, handy work, I do not exactly follow the open dashed line all the way. While I don't want to cross international waters, from what I have to go through in the US, this dashed line all the way to the last minute just seems like an accident waiting to happen, if that does in fact mean you can still cross the lane line, US uses solid lines, since they don't want someone cutting others off at the last minute. I you ever have someone cut the long line in front of you during rush hour, you will get aggravated, but to maybe make matters worse, there supposedly was a loophole that while the white line designates DO NOT CROSS, from my understanding, it was just never technically written into federal US law, and I learned it was discouraged, but did not say prohibited. What I just question is the motive for open dashed lines all the way in reality.

@Ivo, trust me dude, I have been in your shoes before, and in comparison, my answer is the choice is a matter of what can be done, not completely what is chosen to be done, which is more based on priority. For example, the word ONLY. Personally the only way for me to learn better was to learn how stuff is established behind the scenes. I mean, I will even admit that the lack of ONLY did bother me for some time, but finally in 2011, it seems to now finally exist, but only with the knowledge that

QuoteThese mods can be created by anyone. Just because they're created by NAM Team members doesn't mean that these mods are otherwise associated with the NAM. I welcome both mods, even though only one is relevant to me.

Quote from: ivo_su on May 17, 2011, 12:26:31 PM
Just not fair that way - what should I do to be admitted to this private community and not only looks to me as a consumer. I want and trying to be helpful but ....

Ivo

If it was not so difficult, I would of suggested you try to make new stuff yourself, but then you got to deal with doing your own textures, and coding and RUL, and creating paths, then compatibility with other stuff. Basically, its not a fast and easy process for any of this stuff to exist. Even if you could do a lot of new stuff yourself, its not like it will be done instantly, there are so many other steps. If you really are dead-on about making prototypes of whatever new ideas you had, it will be a serious amount of hard work, not to mention the amount of time you would have to volunteer, but I guess I could refer you to this tutorial regarding paths: http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=7219.0

Otherwise, like anything else, OWR TuLEPs will eventually come, but only when they can finally get done, but to be on the safe side, just do not expect them any time soon.

MandelSoft

For people who want to help with creating puzzle pieces, I would like to refer to my tutorial [linkie]  "$Deal"$
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

GDO29Anagram

Why do I feel like OWR TuLEPs would be a cut and paste job? Because that's how I made this:

Note that my ability to make puzzle pieces is limited to just textures and paths. The textures themselves become hard to do when you don't have Photoshop.

Plus, I made this, just for fun:

Can you guess what this one is for?

"This guy must be crazy; Why do you need left-turn lanes all the way on the WRONG side of the road?!!" $%Grinno$%
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

ivo_su

Yes I see that work on textures only takes another minute and less than a day I can do thousands of  variations  but the question  is whether someone wants  to apply them in the game. Otherwise it is nothing  more than copying and pasting.

Ivo