• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

WIP - Arinsia

Started by feyss, June 17, 2012, 12:22:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

feyss

Hello everybody!

After being a little upset about Olsènes crashing for the umpteenth time while saving, I decided to work a little on Limbourg. Actually, I just had to do the MMP work and plant the forest  :D Concerning Olsènes, I know something is rotten with the city file since a while, but I will try to finish the city centre and show the finished parts.

14. LIMBOURG - CHARANÇON (1)

QuoteCharançon is another village of the municipality of Limbourg. This little town is typical of Upper Arinsia, with its little houses overlooking the valley.

(As usual, HD pictures if you click)

Hope you like it!  :thumbsup:

- REPLIES -

Quote from: Akallan on January 17, 2016, 12:39:06 PM
It's beautiful, it's rare to see such beautiful old towns I think!

Merci  :thumbsup:

Quote from: compdude787 on January 17, 2016, 02:31:38 PM
Oh, now that's pretty nice!

Thank you  :)

Quote from: Gugu3 on January 18, 2016, 01:48:36 AM
Very nice!

Thank you too  ;)

Quote from: Themistokles on January 18, 2016, 02:25:43 AM
Great work on the infrastructure... Olsènes will always be a rail-city ()stsfd() Also glad I could help with the water.

For anyone interested, there's a great tutorial on the topic of water transparency by noahclem over here.

Thanks too  :thumbsup:

Quote from: juguesal on January 18, 2016, 08:13:13 AM
Very beautiful pictures. Congratulations. Greetings from Spain.

Gracias  ;)

Quote from: art128 on January 18, 2016, 09:00:02 AM
What a very nice city center, seriously one of the best I've seen. :)

Thank you Arthur!

Quote from: Nanami on January 18, 2016, 01:40:01 AM
Nicely done as always!

Mixture of old and modern style neighborhood would be very interesting hope to see it soon!

in other note, in my opinion isnt those metro stations is to close each other? just my opinion though that it might be a little bit better if it spaced more between station/lane.

Quote from: kbieniu7 on January 21, 2016, 11:22:18 AM
I repeat Nanami, the layout of métro stations seems quite dense. Anyway, I look forward to see, how you will create Place d'Armes and surroundings of this small palace upon the slope. That place have potential to look representative!

Thank you both  :thumbsup: Concerning the metro stations, I think it depends of the city. For instance, in Brussels, some stations are really close to each other (I read somewhere but I can't remember where that it was one of metro network with the lowest distance between stations). There is only a few blocks between them. It would not be a big deal, for instance, if you have to walk between them as you can see on Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/QiGenMsSD6E2. And furthermore, here in Olsènes, there would be more distance if you walk than if you take the metro to reach your destination because of the winding streets and the hilly terrain. I think noneless that the station 'Olsènes North' will disappear from here and be built more to the east after the 'Rempart' station where the blue line would cross the green one.

vortext

Lovely work with the streams and stone walls, really ties the place together!  &apls
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

Vizoria

As I commented in the Simtropolis version of this entry, again great work! The stone walls and trees work wonderfully well with the terrain. The use of NWM is cool as well but I think it would have looked slightly better with the two-lane side of the road going away from the settlement, that way fast cars when accelerating (to the higher speed limit) can zip around the slower cars. I presume the two-lane side is for speedy cars to zip past slow-moving ones?

Swordmaster

Themistokles

Nice-looking small town, it looks very peaceful as if despite the modern buildings here and there it had been unchanged for the last centuries. :thumbsup:
Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

feyss

Hello everyone,

I've got some other pictures of Charançon to show  :)

15. LIMBOURG - CHARANÇON (2)

(click to see the picture in HD)

Hope you enjoyed it  ;)

- REPLIES -

Quote from: vortext on February 09, 2016, 12:41:35 PM
Lovely work with the streams and stone walls, really ties the place together!  &apls

Thanks a lot my friend  :thumbsup:

Quote from: Vizoria on February 09, 2016, 01:14:56 PM
As I commented in the Simtropolis version of this entry, again great work! The stone walls and trees work wonderfully well with the terrain. The use of NWM is cool as well but I think it would have looked slightly better with the two-lane side of the road going away from the settlement, that way fast cars when accelerating (to the higher speed limit) can zip around the slower cars. I presume the two-lane side is for speedy cars to zip past slow-moving ones?

Thank you! I think you're totally right here. Actually, I built the road first, then I decided to add some houses. It's why it looks this way, but your comment makes sense indeed since it would have be less dangerous. Anyway, I will keep it like this and think about it next time since it's really annoying to build NWM turns on a non-plane terrain.

Quote from: Swordmaster on February 11, 2016, 05:01:42 PM
Wonderful!

Cheers
Willy

Thank you Willy. Great to see you here!  ;)

Quote from: Themistokles on February 13, 2016, 01:15:30 PM
Nice-looking small town, it looks very peaceful as if despite the modern buildings here and there it had been unchanged for the last centuries. :thumbsup:

Glad you liked it. Tusen tack  :thumbsup:

vortext

Well, it appears this update has been flying below everyone's radar, mine included. 

Really nice small town charm you got going on, and great job working with w2w on slopes, pic5 is my favorite in that regard.  :thumbsup:
time flies like a bird

True, I forgot commenting on this update. Very good and smooth on-slope building, and good choice of buildings for this particular city, they fit very well together.

art128

Quite a charming little town. I like the small gardens behind the houses.
Also nice work once again with the different slopes in the town, I find that quite a hard thing to do in order to achieve a nice result. :)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

feyss

Hello everyone!

I have not that much pictures today but I still had to post two horizontal mosaics I did of Charançon  ;)

16. LIMBOURG - CHARANÇON IN HORIZONTAL

(click on the picture for the real size)

And a preview of what it's coming next: the lower town of Olsènes, the central station, parcs and avenues  :D

See you soon!

- REPLIES -

Quote from: vortext on March 05, 2016, 02:57:01 AM
Well, it appears this update has been flying below everyone's radar, mine included. 

Really nice small town charm you got going on, and great job working with w2w on slopes, pic5 is my favorite in that regard.  :thumbsup:

Yeah, it can happen sometimes. Thank you for your comment! I really enjoyed building this small town on slopes  ;)

Quote from: 11241036 on March 05, 2016, 05:26:07 AM
True, I forgot commenting on this update. Very good and smooth on-slope building, and good choice of buildings for this particular city, they fit very well together.

Thank you too! Those little Stockholm houses are indeed perfect  :)

Quote from: art128 on March 05, 2016, 07:51:26 AM
Quite a charming little town. I like the small gardens behind the houses.
Also nice work once again with the different slopes in the town, I find that quite a hard thing to do in order to achieve a nice result. :)

Thank you Arthur! It's indeed quite difficult. The best way is to know which building is slope friendly and which one is not  :D

kelis

Fantastic pictures once again ! I love that main street with those trees and trams  &apls &apls
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

kbieniu7

Good shots! Well, to be honest, I prefer, when w2w's blend a little bit with the surroundings (in my opinion the border between buildings and forest is too sharp). However, what I like there, is something, that I call "general layout" - the way, how you lay down streets, squares and important buildings like churches or schools  :thumbsup: And that you have visible terrain shape  :)
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

Akallan

Great job! There's just the river in the Previous update that I can not find enough natural (we can see in the image 4, the river seems too square).

In the latest update, that's fine, no complaints! The design of your old cities is always fun to see! &apls
My CJ :

My european road textures project : S N T - v.2.1

feyss

vortext

Noo. .    :(  :angrymore:

While it looks pretty definitive, is it confirmed pox by SavegameExplorer?
time flies like a bird

kbieniu7

Oh... so sad :( Quite a lot of prop pox news last time  :crytissue:
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

compdude787

Nooooooooo..... :(

The prop pox strikes again! I hope I don't end up with prop pox, that would suck. I hope you don't have to rebuild everything like Woodb3kmaster did. I would hate to have to do that, especially considering that I'd have to rebuild a lot of interchanges. :(
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

Themistokles

No, that's terrible news! :shocked2:

I am of no technical skill to help, so I just hope you loose as little as possible. Stay strong!
Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

romualdillo

Noooooooooo...  :'(  Why are only the best affected!!!!  :bomb: