• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Bus Shelter models

Started by Traveller, June 14, 2012, 10:33:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Traveller

How do I go about selecting a better bus shelter for the bus stops\GLR stations? All I can get to work is the basic blue box one. Do I need to delete all but the ones I want in the props or models folder, or what?

catty

Hi Traveller

We did include in the main RTMT download (RTMTV3) a Road-Top Mass-Transit V3.50 Installation Examples Guide showing people how to set up their props folder, its slightly out dated, but still gives you the basics on how to setup or change the bus stops you use in-game.

Taking the Big Blue Bus Stop as an example, for you to only ever have this one appear in your props folder you will have this plugin

RTMTV3_PropS_BusStop_BigBlue.dat

The important thing to look for is this "PropS" in the file as that means its a Single-Prop Configuration and you can only have one prop model for Bus stop Shelters this applies for Subway Entrances and GLR Shelters as well

For the game to randomly assign a different bus model each time you much pick the plugins with "PropF" as part of their name making sure you have installed the dependencies for them.

I am attaching a picture of my props file to give you an example of how it looks, as you can see I use a mix of Single-Prop and Family-Prop plugins as some things I am happy for the game to randomly assign a shelter whereas for others I always want the same model to appear.

Hope this helps, if not please post again.

-catty (RTMT Team)
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

Zeratai

Quote from: catty on June 14, 2012, 11:10:08 AM
Hi Traveller

We did include in the main RTMT download (RTMTV3) a Road-Top Mass-Transit V3.50 Installation Examples Guide showing people how to set up their props folder, its slightly out dated, but still gives you the basics on how to setup or change the bus stops you use in-game.

Taking the Big Blue Bus Stop as an example, for you to only ever have this one appear in your props folder you will have this plugin

RTMTV3_PropS_BusStop_BigBlue.dat

The important thing to look for is this "PropS" in the file as that means its a Single-Prop Configuration and you can only have one prop model for Bus stop Shelters this applies for Subway Entrances and GLR Shelters as well

For the game to randomly assign a different bus model each time you much pick the plugins with "PropF" as part of their name making sure you have installed the dependencies for them.

I am attaching a picture of my props file to give you an example of how it looks, as you can see I use a mix of Single-Prop and Family-Prop plugins as some things I am happy for the game to randomly assign a shelter whereas for others I always want the same model to appear.

Hope this helps, if not please post again.

-catty (RTMT Team)

Hope I get an answer since this post is old, You state that if you want to plop random props all PropS" files should be removed from props fodler.... then why you ahve them on your own folder... Im having trouble selecting multiple stations

catty

Hi Zeratai

The reason I had a mix of PropF and PropS files in my setup is simple ... I was happy to have the game randomly pick different types of Bus and/or Subway stations, but only wanted a particular tram station to appear in-game.

:)
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.