• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Totori

Started by Dantes, March 11, 2011, 05:32:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

art128

I don't really know about the BAT activation code. I remember reading about it a few weeks ago that the code is accessible through a new post on the website or something. I think it was mgb who talked about it.

The seaport looks really cool. I suggest you put some bumper at the end of the railway. You can find some nice in Jim's freight yard. (Jim bumping in the LE)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

romualdillo

The harbour looks great! &apls But isn't the "canal" between the dock and land too narrow for the ships to maneuver? I think if you align the dock with the outer front it will look better. Well, if art128 didn't say anything about it, it might not be important. He's the expert in those kind of infrastructures. ;)

I'm sorry I can't help you with Gmax. I use it, but I don't remember what kind of code I used.   &mmm

evarburg

(just finished visiting:-) Even though a Japanese coast, shouldn't there be more variety in the type of trees ? Apart from that, it looks very good !  :thumbsup:

vinlabsc3k

&dance &hlp &dance Yay!! A new Dante-san's update!! &dance &hlp &dance
I love these shots of the seaport, but the space between the docks should be larger and
the breakwaters should be anchored to land to permit the fishermen to reach the far part. ;)
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

vortext

Great update, I always like your before and after pictures!  :thumbsup:

As for gmax registration, incidentally I installed it last week and used this workaround, which according to the TurboSquid forums is a 'well known and accepted workaround'.
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

art128

Quote from: vinlabsc3k on March 31, 2016, 03:16:36 AM
the breakwaters should be anchored to land to permit the fishermen to reach the far part

Nuh-uh.

This breakwater isn't anchored to any land and still you can make out people's shadows.

Even better:

The very same breakwater.

Why close a channel to connect the breakwater and the land when you can just drop the fishermen by boat?

Props & Texture Catalog

Themistokles

Quote from: Dantes on March 28, 2016, 09:22:16 AM
My image hoster ld-host is after its shutdown and "comeback" extremely bad. Unfortunately, all the images are lost.  :angrymore:

That's very sad to hear! ()sad() It seems many imagehosting sites are going down these days, unfortunately. But, well, no image will ever be safe, I presume. &mmm

Anyway, great update as always! I think this industrialised part of the shoreline complements the more sandy part very well. :thumbsup:
Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

Shark7

Quote from: Themistokles on March 31, 2016, 09:20:00 AM
Quote from: Dantes on March 28, 2016, 09:22:16 AM
My image hoster ld-host is after its shutdown and "comeback" extremely bad. Unfortunately, all the images are lost.  :angrymore:

That's very sad to hear! ()sad() It seems many imagehosting sites are going down these days, unfortunately. But, well, no image will ever be safe, I presume. &mmm

Anyway, great update as always! I think this industrialised part of the shoreline complements the more sandy part very well. :thumbsup:

That's the reason I never signed up for one of those sites and can't post images here.  If I were to use a hosting site though, I think I'd keep a backup of every image on my own HD or on a usb drive, for cases like this.

Very sad to hear all the images are lost.  ()sad()

belfastsocrates

Fantastic update, I really love the beach scenes with the sunbathers and the fishermen on the breakwater.
A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

Dantes

I use a new picture host: http://www.pic-upload.de/

Replies:
@art128:Thank you for your comment. I do not know when I would like to work a bumper at the end of the railway. Now I get an BAT activation code. Now I look for a SC4 BAT tutorial. Unfortunately in German language only very obscure texts. Youtube does not help with videos. Do you have any idea ? (I have skype now °w°)
@romualdillo:Thank you for your comment. The river empties with me in an artificial end. There is no channel for ships! I like to watch in your thread. I hope you can help me a beginners tutorial for BAT to find!
@evarburg:I welcome you in my thread. I use mainly a kind of conifers for forests. Otherwise I use for planting many trees. Unfortunately you can not see, since my last images Hoster does not exist, the different planting.
@vinlabsc3k: Nice to see you here  $%Grinno$%
@vortext: Thank you much to help! Thank youuuuu!
@Themistokles:Thank you for your sympathy. I am sad and angry about the cancellation of all of my pictures: A huge gap exists now. I have no desire and energy to look back.
@Shark7: Thanky, yes I am very sad about this.
@belfastsocrates: Thank you much!

Geothermal energy: heat and energy

1. old geothermal plant

2. old prototyp geothermal plant

4. modern geothermal heat and energy plant

6. night

So...

...I need again your help.

I have successfully installed the software and it works. Now I have the problem to find an understandable and simple tutorial for BAT. I would be glad if you can help me.
For example, I do not know where I get the material textures. The software has no collection of material textures.
I want to know how to fix a window or a pitched roof. Many features of the software I do not understand.

My goal is to produce their own traditional Japanese Machiya.

romualdillo

Great update again!!  &apls I especially like the 4th picture. It looks wonderful.
I'm sorry I can't help you very much with GMAX. The tutorials I knew have disappeared. I model all my buildings with Sketchup and then I export them as .3ds to GMAX and render them with it. I find Sketchup much easier to use.
I normally take all my textures from the internet an change them with photoshop. Sketchup has a feature that allows you to create textures specially done for every shape. Perhaps you want to give it a try, there are tons of tutorials for it.

compdude787

Nice power plants!!
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

jmsepe

Those pictures looks great Dantes. :)

Is that powerplant, your own work? Where can I download it?
Just wandering around like a teddy bear running around the garden. :P

"The greatest things in life are those that we have deemed unexpected yet are worth it."  - Anonymous

kbieniu7

Good pics! Nice to see investing in the renewable energy sources ;D

About gmax - unfortunately, all tutorials, that I leared from, are in Polish :( Anyway, I wish you succes to learn and create your own models!
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

art128

The new power plant is definitely an upgrade from the old model by PEG, I like it better now!

As for the BAT, for textures it's best to go seek them online. Such website as textures.com is good to find some great textures to use in the BAT. For modeling the only advice I can give is practice.... practice a lot... :)

jmsepe: The power plant is from Zero7 on the LEX.

Props & Texture Catalog

Dantes

Yay SC4d is Back ! But gobanboshi-sensei page is lost  &cry2 ()sad() &mmm :'(

Replies:
@romualdillo:Buenos dias! I have looked at the software sketchup. It's brilliant! I like the video very! Now I have to save on a new computer. My old computer computer does not have the power. I will then start late fall early winter with sketchup! I thank you!
@compdude787: Thank youuu!
@jmsepe:Thank you! The power plant is from Zero7 on the LEX (Thank you art-kun *hug*) !
@kbieniu7:I have to learn Spanish! Or rather use sketchup. And right, use "German Energiewende"! °Ö°
@art128:Ototo-chaaaaaan ! *hug-hug-hug-hug* Thank you >//////< To BAT the tiny House!!! >.<

Art128 Small Japan House
[/b]

Kakko House by architect Yoshihiro Yamamoto BAT-build by Art128
http://www.whitezine.com/en/architecture-2/kakko-house-by-yoshihiro-yamamoto.html

A few months ago my brother built me a special house! I think it's great!

At the moment I'm very busy. I have a new job! I hope that I expected to then try autumn-winter with a new PC to sketchup software. At the moment I collect images of machiya and try to create a concept for architecture.

Shark7

Nice little update.

Congratulations on the new job.  Hope you enjoy it.

art128

Glad you like the building. Took me some time to figure out how to make the inside.

Props & Texture Catalog

kelis

Fantastic update my friend ! That narrow house created by Arthur fits perfectly in that environment. I hope to see you back around here as soon as possible  :thumbsup:
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

kbieniu7

Nice shots! I hope that you are doing well in your job! We look forward for new pictures when you have time! :)
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!