• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

High Definition Props and Textures - Discussion thread

Started by mightygoose, March 28, 2009, 01:38:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ennedi

New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

superhands

buddybud, goose great work.

out of interest, does it take say 200 x 200 pixels? or is it confined to 256. (for non model networks ie road)

dave

mightygoose

[linkie] we are using this link..... buddybud and me tried 512, they work but you get compression errors on the image and it becomes pixelated.... he better go find the picture.....
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

buddybud

this is a base texture.....

bud

edit the top of this is 512

Swamper77

512x512 images are viewable ONLY to the users that run SC4 with Hardware Rendering. Vester and I learned this the hard way with our automata.

Please keep things compatible for ALL users.

-Swamper
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

Rayden

Sorry, what's the eagraph.exe for? &mmm

Quote from: Swamper77 on March 28, 2009, 06:03:12 PM
512x512 images are viewable ONLY to the users that run SC4 with Hardware Rendering. Vester and I learned this the hard way with our automata.

-Swamper

Oops, good to know that before something gets released that way, so far I've used just for myself.

buddybud

mightygoose

Quote from: Swamper77 on March 28, 2009, 06:03:12 PM

-Swamper

actually we decided against 512, too many compression errors... see all the black & white artefact pixels....

Quote from: Rayden on March 28, 2009, 06:05:32 PM
Sorry, what's the eagraph.exe for? &mmm

using it for direct PSD to FSH format conversion... and automatic alpha map creation.
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

Rayden

How is it used and where is it placed, does it need to be executed or Photoshop will do that when converting to fsh?

Sorry for asking so much?

Ennedi

Quote from: mightygoose on March 28, 2009, 06:11:54 PM
using it for direct PSD to FSH format conversion... and automatic alpha map creation.

Can't we use FishMan?
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

buddybud

Quote from: Ennedi on March 28, 2009, 06:19:55 PM
Can't we use FishMan?

you'd have to try...i have no idea...i found this tool because i wanted to replace some irregular shaped textures in a rock plop mod.....you have to experiment!...but please let us know!! I've only ever used sc4tool before..

Bud

buddybud

Quote from: Rayden on March 28, 2009, 06:16:27 PM
How is it used and where is it placed, does it need to be executed or Photoshop will do that when converting to fsh?

Sorry for asking so much?

see page two there is a step by step explanation of the process...cheers

edit sorry for the double post  :(

SimGoober

Hmmm ... I wonder what Cycledogg could do with this information....
When life just blows ... Fukitol!

Haljackey

Just had a brainfart:

"This is like going from the NES to the Super Nintendo!"

The difference here is we are going from 128x128 to 256x256 pixels, not from 8-bit to 16-bit.  Interesting analogy eh?   ::)

nerdly_dood

DUDE. this isn't like going from the NES to the Super Nintendo - thats what Dedgren's texture updates for rail are. If someone makes a full set of those hi-def textures Buddybud has there it's more like going from the NES to a Wii! Those are SHOCKINGLY realistic.  &apls
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

andreharv

Hmm...this will come in handy for new interchanges and puzzle pieces in the future.  I'm getting ideas. ()borg()

XiahouDun

Quote from: SimGoober on March 28, 2009, 06:41:59 PM
Hmmm ... I wonder what Cycledogg could do with this information....
... I think i just drooled some. That be... wow :lmao:
Current project: Movies 14

You may have meant to search for Houdini. (result of searching for XiahouDun on SC4D)

carkid1998

Sendona... Coming soon!

wouanagaine

For terran texure, I think there are some properties in the terran examplar that dictate how much tiles a texture will cover.

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

z

Definitely a wonderful discovery!  &apls   I am sure that a number of texture creators and transit modelers will be modifying their creations to take advantage of this new method.  I'd like to suggest that there be a thread where people can post which textures they've enhanced - maybe call it "High Definition Texture List".  I know that for the RTMT team, such a list would be invaluable, as it would allow us to easily convert our stations to use the higher definition textures when they become available.  And such a list would undoubtedly be used by many other developers as well.

For the list itself, if the textures are contained in released files, then the name of the file, the texture ID, and a short description would be useful.  Or instead of a texture ID, there could be an ID range, or simply the word "All."  This could easily fit on a single line.  If textures have been developed but not formally released, then a link to them could be furnished.