• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Issues Thread - PLEASE POST YOUR NAM QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS HERE

Started by jahu, June 03, 2007, 10:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluepelican31

Paths missing or not supported?

Thanks for all the hard work.

mgb204

Quote from: Jimmyson on December 04, 2016, 04:49:22 AM
Question about getting the installer to detect the setup. Is it normal to select which items to install? Cause from what you describe about the auto-select, is that it looks for existing files and registry settings to pick the "best" upgrade/install solution. Am I correct?

In short the installer checks the registry for your language setting. If it's a LHD country, the NAM installer will default to LHD. As a developer I switch between LHD/RHD a bit, requiring me to manually check the driving side. So long as this setting matches your game of SC4, everything will work fine, it doesn't make a difference how you get there. If you want auto-detect to always realise your game is LHD, you will need to alter your registry manually.

Seaman

I'm not sure whether STR under elevated ave 15m is supposed to be supported or not (STR under 7.5m elev ave definitely isn't). In case it is, there might be an issue? Paths seem to be correct.

RRW kicks ass!! It's amazing what you can do with rail these days  $%Grinno$%

Jimmyson

Quote from: mgb204 on December 04, 2016, 07:26:19 AM
Quote from: Jimmyson on December 04, 2016, 04:49:22 AM
Question about getting the installer to detect the setup. Is it normal to select which items to install? Cause from what you describe about the auto-select, is that it looks for existing files and registry settings to pick the "best" upgrade/install solution. Am I correct?

In short the installer checks the registry for your language setting. If it's a LHD country, the NAM installer will default to LHD. As a developer I switch between LHD/RHD a bit, requiring me to manually check the driving side. So long as this setting matches your game of SC4, everything will work fine, it doesn't make a difference how you get there. If you want auto-detect to always realise your game is LHD, you will need to alter your registry manually.

I reinstalled NAM 35, after making a registry change (for good measure). Problem solved! Thanks :)

Kitsune

The flex track DTR D1 STR turns into FARR instead (even though FARR is unsupported according to the documenation):

~ NAM Team Member

eggman121

Quote from: Kitsune on December 12, 2016, 08:31:57 PM
The flex track DTR D1 STR turns into FARR instead (even though FARR is unsupported according to the documenation):

Indeed if you are using NAM 35 FARR is included at 3 angles. There is new documentation written for the new functionality which can be found in the RealRailway NAM 35 FlexTrack and FARR Manual in the NAM Auxiliary Files folder of your installation. If you are trying to make the D1 split the pattern resembles the D1 split for the RHW.

Hope that helps.

If you need any more information I am available to help

-eggman121

Kitsune

The NAM installer installed two different RRW documentations which led to the confusion.
~ NAM Team Member

RDED

Hi everyone

Just recently reinstalled the game and, of course, NAM 35 too. But I'm having a serious issue, since the traffic simulator won't let me save any configuration. When I click on "save" it says: "error deleting file(s). SimCity 4 is probably still running". But the game is not running.

I have seen someone else with the same problem in this thread, but no one seemed to answer him.

I have windows 7 (64b) and the latest version of java.

Thank you very much in advance.

mgb204

What happens if you reboot your computer and try to alter the TSCT settings before running SC4 or related applications, does it then work?

RDED

Quote from: mgb204 on December 16, 2016, 12:09:26 PM
What happens if you reboot your computer and try to alter the TSCT settings before running SC4 or related applications, does it then work?

Still the same. It won't work. Thank you anyway

mgb204

That tells me there must be a permissions problem somewhere in Windows preventing you from modifying the necessary files. Try right clicking the shortcut to TSCT and selecting Run as Administrator, does this help?

RDED

Quote from: mgb204 on December 16, 2016, 11:31:07 PM
That tells me there must be a permissions problem somewhere in Windows preventing you from modifying the necessary files. Try right clicking the shortcut to TSCT and selecting Run as Administrator, does this help?

No, but maybe it has something to do with that, because when running as admin the tool won't even open. The usual black window show up and then disapears right away without ever opening the tool.

By the way, I have noticed that I can actually save the configuration ONLY when choosing Base Network Capacity as Medium. Is it related in anyway with CAM?

Also, I downloaded the game from Steam. Maybe it is related.

Thank you again!

vinlabsc3k

Try to run in Compatibility Mode as Windows XP SP3. Sometimes works. ;)
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

RDED

Quote from: vinlabsc3k on December 19, 2016, 01:05:31 AM
Try to run in Compatibility Mode as Windows XP SP3. Sometimes works. ;)

This didn't work either  :(

But I found a way to get around it. I Cleared the file the TSCT was opening and made a new one from zero. This way it allowed me to change The Base Network Capacity and any other parameters and save it at least the first time with "High" as de BNC (wich was default, maybe it's thanks to that).

Anyway I hope this helps people with the same problem in the future and maybe find a bether solution.

Thanks everyone!

XL2007

No amount of clicking will get this 15m FLEXheight onslope ramp to transform properly, even with a fresh install of NAM 35.

Tarkus

It looks like the overrides that create the L2 RHW-2 out of the base L0-L2 OnSlope are creating residual interference.  The inclusion of the default L1/L2 RHW-2 overrides has been the biggest stumbling block in stabilizing the other networks.  The ramp-style FLEX Height Transitions received a boatload of RUL2 code (around 100,000 lines) in NAM 35 to handle these situations, but the FLEX OnSlopes (and especially the L0-L2 OnSlopes) have not yet gotten these improvements.

Since there is a one-tile gap between the underpass and the actual transitions, you can demolish the Road, place L2 RHW-10S starters next to the elevated ends of all four OnSlopes, then rebuild the Road and drag the L2 RHW-10S over them.  This should produce the desired result.

Otherwise, it's going to take adding more code.

-Alex

XL2007

Quote from: Tarkus on December 20, 2016, 11:48:46 PM
It looks like the overrides that create the L2 RHW-2 out of the base L0-L2 OnSlope are creating residual interference.  The inclusion of the default L1/L2 RHW-2 overrides has been the biggest stumbling block in stabilizing the other networks.  The ramp-style FLEX Height Transitions received a boatload of RUL2 code (around 100,000 lines) in NAM 35 to handle these situations, but the FLEX OnSlopes (and especially the L0-L2 OnSlopes) have not yet gotten these improvements.

Since there is a one-tile gap between the underpass and the actual transitions, you can demolish the Road, place L2 RHW-10S starters next to the elevated ends of all four OnSlopes, then rebuild the Road and drag the L2 RHW-10S over them.  This should produce the desired result.

Otherwise, it's going to take adding more code.

-Alex

That explains a lot. Your solution worked, but it wouldn't let me drag my road back underneath. Unless I excavate a few more tiles to give the starter some breathing room, I'll have to use the more stable L1 to get what I want.

TJ1

I haven't posted in a few years but I play SC4 often still, however I just put it on my Mac running OS Sierra and the game runs fine however the latest NAM for Mac isn't, when I load up a city with nam installed the game freezes everytime. But when I remove the Nam files the game and my cities run fine.

Tarkus

Did you get the NAM Version 35 for Mac release off ModDB?  That's the only actually updated version out there.  Everything else is pretty much guaranteed not to work with Sierra.

-Alex

nickWtn

Hello this is my first time posting here, so I apologize if something goes wrong. I have just installed NAM 35, over NAM 34 and I have a problem. It appears that the other elevated ramps (can't think of what their called, I believe there under the flex hight) are missing. I've including some horrible picture of what I do have bellow. I have tried installing it twice now and the problem is still unsolved. I will say that up to NAM 35 I've never had an issue with NAM before, and I hope you can solve this. http://m.imgur.com/Jt4MMjQ,H4F88CX,8hfT14O