• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Simmer's Lotting Lab.

Started by Simmer2, December 11, 2015, 07:24:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattb325

Looking good! I like the new lid on the cold fusion reactor  :thumbsup:

Simmer2

Thanks!

Well here it is, my very first commercial building! SM2 Rail Corp. A fictional building I made as an HQ for my SC4 rail empire  :D
I made 2 versions. 1 as a 2x2 growable and the other as a 2X4 landmark with jobs. Both offer 467 Co$$ jobs and here they are.

Simmer2
________________________________________________________________________________

eggman121

Nick You are just doing an awesome job here with all your creations.  &apls

I don't know if anyone has suggested this....

What if there was a city built with just your creations ;D Might be a nice challenge for others as well. I think it can be done.

You are a true titan of industry.

I have quit hectic RL atm, That is why I have been away a fair bit.

Awesome work again Nick  :thumbsup:

-eggman121 (Stephen)

Simmer2

Thank you Stephen!

First one is ready to grab here...https://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3750

SM2 Center Pivot Irrigation Fields

Simmer2
________________________________________________________________________________

Tyberius06

Hi!

Beautiful stuff! Thanks for sharing it!
Also I like your very first commercial office building! Really nice touch with the read lights (?). Keep them coming!

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

Simmer2

Thanks Tibi

Here is another somewhat older one that has been lurking in my HDD for a while SM2 New Kiosks https://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3751

Simmer2

Simmer2

Meet SM2 SubZero Cooling Systems, the new "cool" kid in the industrial block.

Simmer2

fantozzi

25 years ago there was a commercial in german TV.

I was immediatly remembered of the last words of this commercial: "Aber Vorsicht (but be aware), it's cool man."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxfwQ4EfgRQ

Simmer2

Thanks fantozzi

Here is another heavy industry piece. SM2 Hydrocarbon Separator Array

Simmer2

Tyberius06

Wow nice new industrial stuffs. It will be a joy to play with them!
Thanks for making them!

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.

Simmer2

Thanks Tibi

Something is shaping up.... Don't be deceived by the lack of a reference point. Its big!

Simmer2

noahclem

Thanks for all the Christmas presents!! It's such a treat to come back from a few weeks away for vacation and see all the neat stuff you've been to--both the breadth and depth of your work are just outstanding. Best wishes to you and all your projects in 2019  :bnn:

I'm really curious about that apparent train shed! I've been wanting one besides the AMS one with the baked-in platforms,especially a bit wider, or just easier to place adjacent to each other, for a really, really long time. So much so I actually broke out my 3DS MAX the other day:D  I hope you're able to figure out the transparency in a way you're happy with. Do you plan to have clouds always visible like that or is it just the way it appears in the modeling software? Will be watching this one like a hawk ;)

Simmer2

Thanks Noa

Here is the proof of concept. Its just a test lot and model. Still needs a lot of TLC.

WIP

Simmer2

pressus

As it is usually in your projects - attention to detail is a great end result  :thumbsup:
Sorry guys, I'll be here next week, so good luck!

Simmer2

Thanks pressus

Here is the building (Still WIP) that will go with the train shed. Yes they are separate. Several more details are in the works.

Un-rendered.

Rendered

Simmer2

Tyberius06

Hi Nick!

Yepp, it looks nice so far! Pretty classic old looking central station. Thanks for making it! I love the glassy train shed as well! It will be an awesome addition!

- Tyberius

Simmer2

Thanks Tibi.

Here it is...SM2 Valensky Train Station Now I'm debating if I should give it nightlights...

Simmer2

PS. It is a massive building. 160m long by 36m wide by 30m high. I purposely made the doors extra large to convey a sense of grandeur.

Seaman

Oh, that's nice! With the ICE prop, it reminds me of the main station of Erfurt, that has a similar setup (old main building and large steal/glas arch over the tracks).

Tyberius06

Hi there!

Lovely building! I love the old station building, but Seaman's image gave me an idea therefore a request to you.
On his pic, the rail tracks are elevated, so the question is if you could make a 7,5m-ish and/or 15m-ish elevated platform?
The platform's dimensions should be similiar like the glass roof, so the glass roof would cover it. And you don't need to model the rail tracks neither for the 15m or the 7.5m viaducts because those props are existing in the NAM or MattB's multipurpose station model pack.
It would require a little math for the exact height of the platform, but it would be awesome!

-Tyberius

Simmer2

Thanks Seaman and Tibi

Tibi I will not be making elevated stations for a while, Matt covered that subject for the next 10 years lol

Anyways I would like to release the Fortress as soon as possible so I'm going to leave it up to you, the player, to chose 1 out of 2 different skins.
I went ahead and rendered yet another textured version. They are shown naked. No MPP no base texture, what you see is what you get.

So here is the the one I have shown you before.

And here is the new one, you can clearly see the texture difference.

I will be uploading only one, chose wisely.

Simmer2