• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Networks, Automa, and Transit Enabling

Started by Highrise99, June 13, 2010, 01:23:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Highrise99

Networks

How are starter pieces created?
Automa

How do you mod an existing automa?
Transit Enabling

I'm also wondering about how to do some complex transit enabling.  I currently have a problem:  In one of my cities, I am making a roundabout interchange.  The RHW-4 passes over the roundabout, and the blank space in the middle.  Since the NAM does not come with FLUPs under ERHW-4, or EOWR, for that matter, I can't place the {FLUP under blank terrain} under the RHW.  Space is very tight, so I can't make the roundabout larger and take an alternative.  A tunnel just isn't going to work in this scenario.  So, I want to make a custom lot for a FLUP under a ERHW-4.  I also might make some similar lots.  If so, you'll see them on the current Ellyptical Plaza page.  The problem is, I dont know how to elevate a network, in this case, OWR, as RHW isn't very flexible.  How do you do advanced TE editing?

io_bg

It's not possible to create a new network, the only way is by editing an already existing network (for example GLR is edited Elevated rail, HSR - edited monorail).
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

Blue Lightning

RHW is the abandoned road network maxis left behind, though I do admit it was mostly finished aside from having road textures and no tunnel capability.

And the starter pieces are special puzzle pieces that trigger override code to 'reskin' the base network (dirtroad/RHW) to look like something else.
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

sim-al2

QuoteIs there a way to make an entirely new automa, or do you have to mod an existing one?  For example, in the CAN-AM, the bus is modded into the water bus, and the freight train is altered into the river barge.

No the RHW uses the same automata, no modding of it required. If I'm correct, there is no modding of the traffic for CAN-AM and the automata are just spawned by a generator and not modified trucks or buses.
(\_/)
(o.O)
(")_(")

Highrise99

Quote from: Blue Lightning on June 13, 2010, 02:10:08 PM
RHW is the abandoned road network maxis left behind, though I do admit it was mostly finished aside from having road textures and no tunnel capability.
Why would maxis abandon it rather than delete it?
Quote from: Blue Lightning on June 13, 2010, 02:10:08 PM
And the starter pieces are special puzzle pieces that trigger override code to 'reskin' the base network (dirtroad/RHW) to look like something else.
Thanks, but how do I make one?

sim-al2

Quote from: Highrise99 on June 13, 2010, 04:35:07 PM
Why would maxis abandon it rather than delete it?

Maybe they were thinking of putting it in a future expansion.
(\_/)
(o.O)
(")_(")