• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Game freezing...

Started by BigSlark, December 10, 2008, 07:36:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigSlark

I've got a new one, even for me, some five years after I first loaded SC4 on to a PC.

Relevant information: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 CPU (2.66Ghzx2 OC'd to 3.45 Ghz), 4 GB of RAM, more hard drive space than I can shake a stick at, and a nVidia 7600GT 256MB GPU.

I always change "simcity4.exe" to only have affinity for one core and then up the process priority to "abovenormal".

Occasionally, when scrolling through my "Rail" menu, the game will lock up and becomes unresponsive. According to the task manager, the game is an unresponsive program and the process is using all of the core its assigned to but not using any more memory.

Does anyone have an idea about what's going on?

Cheers,
Kevin

High5Tower

Yes I have experienced this. I traced it to these two train stations I got from simCity4 Plugins.  Ensta 00 and the Ensta Plus. And no I didn't check them thru costums.
I didn't experience any trouble with these until I started using the new data packer. Under version 6 no problems.
I was scrolling down the menu to select an item one above these two stations and the game froze up on me. After other test I noticed that it froze up on the item below also. Now since these were recent additions I removed them and things have been great since. I have them on the work bench but I don't know why they don't like the new data packer. Hope this helps.

BigSlark

Thanks High5Tower! I'm sure I've got those in my plugins, I'll check them out and send them on to Stephane and Tage to figure out why they're causing a problem.

Cheers,
Kevin

wouanagaine

Can you please provide me a link to theses stations from where I can download them and check please ?

You may try to uncheck the 'optimize space' option to see if it helps until I find out what is the problem

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

BigSlark

Steph,

I know that they're Japanese, I'm not sure where I got them from. Would you like me to zip them up and email them to you?

Cheers,
Kevin

wouanagaine

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

BigSlark

I'll have to do it when I get home in 8 hours or so, I just got to work. I imagine you'll be asleep by then...

Cheers,
Kevin

wouanagaine

For some reasons the japanese text in those 2 lots are not correctly written back when using the 'optimize space'

I'll try to fix that ASAP, in the meantime I can confirm that not using the 'optimize space' for them get rid of the bug in game

Kevin as you have access to PIMX you can also convert the Item Name and Item Description to LTEXT

New Horizons Productions