• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BSC - VIP team - Girafe's skills on the BAT

Started by Girafe, July 22, 2009, 01:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Komsip

Quote from: epicblunder on March 22, 2015, 01:49:14 PM
@komsip; CP has a very large variety of conifers you might like in BSC mega props 01, including the ponderosa pine you mentioned, lodgepole pine, scotts pine, norway spruce, etc.  I have some pics around here of a limited selection of some of the conifers in that pack.
Thank you for the idea, and I'll try to make tree generator with conifers and scotts pine (they're the same as the Swedish/Russian ones) but sadly on my computer (could be the OS, Win8.1) I just get a flicker when I'm trying to launch for example the lot editor, even SC4 itself is flickering alot whenever your demolish anything. I've tried installing winxp to hoping sc4 (which is my main "entertainment/gaming" interest) would work better but none of the WinXP I versions I've tried installing work or can even be installed. It's depressing.

mgb204

Sounds like a rendering issue to me, indeed this is common on Win 8 systems.

You can fix the Lot Editor problem by editing the shortcut to include the command -d:soft which should cure your problems there, however it's a bit more complex when it comes to the game itself.

SC4 supports three rendering options, DirectX, OpenGL and Software, the optimal choice here would be DirectX as this provides the best in-game experiance. Sadly, compatibility issues between more recent GPU's, Drivers and OS's might make this option fail to work well, in which case you could try switching to OpenGL rendering, which if your hardware/drivers support the iteration in SC4 can work well. Lastly, if nothing else works, switch to software rendering for the most compatibility, however the trade off's include reduced performance (the CPU is now also doing the GPUs work too) and incompatibility with HD mods.

Note that for DirectX or OpenGL to work properly, SC4 must recognise your GPU correctly on startup, since that's really unlikely unless you add your hardware to a configuration file manually, you should make sure this is configured before trying the different rendering options.

Komsip

Quote from: mgb204 on March 23, 2015, 06:53:01 PM
Sounds like a rendering issue to me, indeed this is common on Win 8 systems.

You can fix the Lot Editor problem by editing the shortcut to include the command -d:soft which should cure your problems there, however it's a bit more complex when it comes to the game itself.

SC4 supports three rendering options, DirectX, OpenGL and Software, the optimal choice here would be DirectX as this provides the best in-game experiance. Sadly, compatibility issues between more recent GPU's, Drivers and OS's might make this option fail to work well, in which case you could try switching to OpenGL rendering, which if your hardware/drivers support the iteration in SC4 can work well. Lastly, if nothing else works, switch to software rendering for the most compatibility, however the trade off's include reduced performance (the CPU is now also doing the GPUs work too) and incompatibility with HD mods.

Note that for DirectX or OpenGL to work properly, SC4 must recognise your GPU correctly on startup, since that's really unlikely unless you add your hardware to a configuration file manually, you should make sure this is configured before trying the different rendering options.

Was just going say that I fixed the problems by adding trying if simcity lines work for the lot editor. Anyway, I've decided that making a treeplopper or a simple one-tree-only treecontroller, that i could switch between, is way over my skill level.

Mikey Knox

Would it be possible to convert some of your awesome trees to a Maxis Tree Replacement Mod?

vortext

time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

Mikey Knox

Girafe

Playing a little bit C:S and exploring possibilities to integrate medium poly flora into the game.

Colours are wrong, I need to check how to correct them :/

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

noahclem

Interesting project. If CSL flora looked more like yours does in SC4 it would improve the game more than about anything I can think of  :thumbsup:

Girafe

@Komsip

I started long time ago pines which fits your request however I didn t like the result:

Opening 3dsmax from time to time.

I still don t know how to handle the base  &Thk/( &Thk/(

In another part, I have to deal with Vnaoned models. Huge work on that, many models are scaled randomly and cannot fit W2W standards, dont know where to start...   &mmm

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

belfastsocrates

LOVE the twisting tower! Perhaps include some cascading pools of water to break up the base and steps, making the steps less dominant?
A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

art128

I agree with Belfastsocrates about the cascading water idea. To that I add this :

1 - Pedestrian passage under the flowing water, could look really well with some glass and light works.
2 - The cascade itself.

just a thing I thought would look cool. :)

Good work as usual. Any news on CarpeDiem?
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Simcoug

I thirded the cascading water - I don't think we have a water feature like that in SC4.  :thumbsup:

Regarding the Vnaoned models... what if you just released them as a prop pack and let folks take it from there... They are beautiful models and I'm sure they would end up in CJ's very quickly.  I know I would love to use that FAR corner piece.  As for scale, most serious players are quite handy with the model tweaker tool. 

vortext

Those pines look fine to me!  :thumbsup:

And I concur with Simcoug about Vnaoned models. Don't worry about the scale, it's a touchy subject for SC4 anyway and the ModelTweaker is very convenient indeed. A release as they are now would be welcomed by many!  :)
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

emanuelfranco0390

Everything I see in this thread it's amazing. Good work.

I love those pines.

Fasan

Hello my friend!

Now, I was not here a long time and have built nothing new in my landscape. This pause was necessary, because with me in the family, something unexpected had happened.

The building of Vnaoned are all so wonderful!
That is there somewhere to download? You would look very good in my landscape.
I hope that if it is not so that this beautiful work is up for download.

Many greetings Fasan  ;)

Aaron Graham

-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy

Girafe

Thanks for the comments,

Working slowly on the top:

The Floraler

manga rivotra

WOW This tower is already phenomenal !  :o the reflection of the windows is totally breathtaking  &apls &apls &apls

gtaman

art128

So far the top of the tower is excellent, Antoine.  The BMU rails and the helipad are well made. :)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog