• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Lilojame´s Corner

Started by Lilojame, November 16, 2008, 09:05:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lilojame

Hi all and welcome at my corner workshop where you will be able to see bats and lots that I made and am making...

Some sort of introduction would probably be nice so here we go:

Not so long ago I decided to plunge myself into bat and LE and discovered that I had no idea what to do in them. Using LE was not an hard nut to crack but using the Bat for me it was, probably mostly because I am no a "technical" kind of a person but rather the opposite... But well, I think I learned the basics and can now proudly say that I can do a "simple box". :D Just kidding, I can do a little more... at least I think so, but at the end, you shall be the judge.

Lets take a little history tour that will take us from the bats that I did at the beggining of this adventure to the bat that I did recently.

Bats that you see on Picture No 1 are one of the very first that I did. They are an education pack. My opinion about them can be best described with only one word: UGLY!  ::):
Picture No 1 :

Hey, dont leave yet, please! That horible things are something that I dont do anymore...
So after those horrific things I forced myself to try again... This time I wanted to do a police station and WOW I LEARNED TO USE NIGHTLIGHNING!!!  :D
Picture No 2 :

A bit better I hope...

With succesfuly setting the lights I got some hope that I am maybe on the right track... just maybe... and I tryed again, this time I decided to do a little bank... %confuso
Picture No 3 :

Then something hit me on the head  ??? and I did another school and two hospitals and WOW I managed to "transit enable" one of them.  :D
Picture No 4 :

After all that batting I discovered that I am realy only a human and with that came a revelation that I need something to drink and eat. I was to lazy to walk over to a fridge so I decided to make my own restaurant  $%Grinno$%
Picture No 5 :

The tasty food and cold beverage made my mind run around and the idea poped into my mind... what about a City Hall? And so I made one...
Picture No 6

And with that we have come to the end of my batting history straight to the present day.  :)

Picture No 7 and 8 :

Thank you very much to staying until the end of this presentation of my bating and loting history! The comments are very apreciated and dont worry about offending me with one as long as your critique is a constructive one.

Visit my MD Rainbow Falls or check Rainbow Falls Out of the Box or maybe check on my bats&lots visiting Lilojame´s Corner or if you wish go to Lilojame´s Candidacies.

"Be thou the rainbow in the storms of life. The evening beam that smiles the clouds away, and tints tomorrow with prophetic ray."  (Byron, 1788-1824)

Fatsuhono

Nice. Nightlights look really good, and your BATs have a lot of detail and color. I can't wait for more!

papab2000

Well I think your on to something, you are showing good progress.  :thumbsup: I have no idea how to bat and marvel at all the great work I see on SC4D. I encourage you to continue.  ;) By the way I am hungry for some Thai food.  :D
Good job  &apls

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Visit my mapping thread: linkie
Post pic's of your NHP Mapped Regions linkie

Pat

thank you Karin for sharing these wonderful bat's, I thought something was up in your MD when I didnt recognize some building's.... Now I know why, you made them!!! I love that City Hall and if I could suggest when you get better is revisit the hosipital and make it larger as I would love to have it!!!! hint  ;) naw only kidding my friend, you are a good batter and better at then I am!!!  I soo cant wait to see more!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Lilojame

Thank you very much Fatsuhono, papab2000  and of course Patrick!  :)

I have to say that I marvel at the wonders on SC4D also, papab2000,  evenmore so because I have a slight or a good idea how many hours of time those extremly talented baters put into their work, not to mention dedication itself. Haha, well that is an international restaurant and since I know the cheef himself I can say that they have Thai food also.  :D

Hehe Pat, well, for these bats my opinion is that they are not good enaugh to realy share them and that is the main reason that they are nowhere to find yet. But I might upload the building on the picture 7 and 8 sometime in future when I am sure that it causes no conflicts with anything else etc. Wich hospital did u had in mind, the one wich is transit enabled or the one with greens around the roofs?

Basicaly I am dealing with grafic card problems at this moment wich messes with the rendering process (I almost burned the card and I had to put additional cooling ventilator outside a box that is directed to the card in order to have it running  ??? I guess I overclocked it  ::) ) but as soon that I will manage to render the thing that is sitting in my gmax atm I will show it.

Besides that I am at this moment buisy with sorting out the custom lotted park pack for Sincitbaby.  :)

And as a little porblem that I have it ahppends in Plugins Manager. Basicaly I need to figure out what coverage radius and such would be suitable for diferent size buildings of gouverment (school, hospital, police, fire departements) and for diferent size parks and plazas.  &Thk/(

Visit my MD Rainbow Falls or check Rainbow Falls Out of the Box or maybe check on my bats&lots visiting Lilojame´s Corner or if you wish go to Lilojame´s Candidacies.

"Be thou the rainbow in the storms of life. The evening beam that smiles the clouds away, and tints tomorrow with prophetic ray."  (Byron, 1788-1824)

Pat

Sorry Karin my bad I didnt specify which one lol... I was thinking the one that is Transit Enabled, with the ave underpass the skywalk...

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Lilojame

It happends to all.  ;)

Okies, I will start re-bating it as soon as I finish that park pack. In the meantime, suggetions for the anme of that particular hospital are welcome.  :)

And btw. does anybody know by any chance in wich download is cobbles.dat? I need it as a dependency link.

sithlrd98

I gotta say that the BAT still eludes me,(MAX or Gmax,heck even Sketch-up) I've modded , can transit enable lots (correctlyin case jason(jplumbly) is reading) ;D can use LE,reader,PIM,etc... re-textured avenue curves , but even your"ugly" works are a heck of a lot better than I could even hope to accomplish! With that said , I think you are well on your way to creating some impressive works!

Jayson

Lilojame

Hi Jayson! Thank you very much for encoruging words!  :) Taking into account all that you can do, I would say that you will catch the Bat by its horns when you realy put your mind to.  ;) I personaly find using reader and re-texturing a lot harder and more complicated not to mention something about wich I lask in knowledge so far.

Anyhow, I was messing with PS past 10 minutes and came up with a set of icons that I will use in the previously mentioned park (I know its not bating-work but regardless)...

What do you guys think?

And for the cobbles.dat, TTC already told me in wich pack it is located.  :)

sim-al2

:o  Better Bating than I could can, and probably ever will!
(\_/)
(o.O)
(")_(")

CabraBuitre

Wow... I was just thinking of relotting those cobblestones to use in a park too!  Saw 'em in your CJ.... great work!  That will save me lots of work!!

I like your bats thus far, especially pics 6, 7, and 8.  What I probably like the MOST is that they're of the same style... they very well could be part of another set!

I like the bank too as I really like classical architecture!

One fairly minor thought...  I wonder about the scale of the buildings versus the scale of other SC4 buildings, especially in terms of floor height, and specifically window size and door size.  I'm not a batter so I don't know the exacts, but due to the perspective of the game, many batters stretch the buildings to a certain scale to match reality more fully.  Again, this is based on the perspective of the game... not based on normal 3d perspectives. 

I'm really excited to see what else you have in store for us... especially (possibly) the city and castle walls!  Keep up the great work!

Check out Abelfarei!

Lilojame

Thanks sim-al2!

CabraBuitre thank you! You got me there.  ;D I am slowly working on a set of buildings that will fit together and of course release them when I am sure that they are good enaugh and there is no problems with them. The progress in that I will of course show.

As for the castle walls it is again something that I call "work in progress" since it is a large idea that was initialy started by my sister. Sadly she never finished it due to problems she has but at same time she decided to allow me to do what she planned. Since I dont want to highten your spirits I will keep it my closet for now untill the right time when I will be sure that I can deliver it. ;)

As for the park, Sincitybaby will have "the privilege" to posses that pack at least for a month before it will be available for everyone else (that might change only if Sincitybaby decides so) since it is a reward that was earned in Trivia Game of Rainbow Falls.

Yes, I know about the scale and I am trying to make them compatible with buildings that others do. Some of them definetly need to be rescaled. The mesurment used in the last ones is aprox. 4 to max 5 meters of hight for a floor, around 1x1 or max 2x2 meters for windows (depends on the building) and doors 1x2 or 2x2 meters (again depends on the style of doors).  But I need to put these beside other buildings and see how it looks. I will post pictures of it when I do that, so you will be able to express your opinion if you find it to big or to small.

Thanks for visiting!

Pat

Hey Karin,BSC Texture Vol 3 is where the cobblestones have been moved to..

art128

Wow ! Lilojame, you have a talent for BATting  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:  the transit enable hospital look really good,
Can't wait to see theme uploaded  :thumbsup: (if you upload theme  ;) )

Arthur
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Lilojame

Thanks Pat!

And thank you Arthur! Dint worry, they shall definetly be uploaded.  ;) I just want to polish them and such before doing so in order to prevent conflicts etc.  :)

I another note, I was working on in LE and other thingies for around 13 hours straight and almost done.  :o But right now I am so tired that I cant even think anymore.  $%Grinno$%

Lilojame

I just started to work on small dinners and coffe shops and such (for plazas, parks, piers etc.). Maybe the idea will grow on me and I will go further than that but for now, I prefer going small...

So, I started with this extra-small thingy:

It is not yet finished (still some detailing to do wich probably wont bee seable in-game anyhow ???) but it is a start. I plan to these in different colors and orientations... anyhow, thats all for now.

And if anybody wants those lotted parks, he/she can get them by checking on the "Rainbow Falls Out of the Box" link in my signature. I plan to do some further modifications on them in next few days, probably tomorrow or today if I will fail to succesfuly render (basicaly making them more "user frendly").

Pat

Hey Karin I love the start on that stand so far!! any names yet for the stands???

squidi

hi karin,
some nice work  :thumbsup:

i really like that city hall although i am not verry happy with the tiles of the roof texture from 7/8
i would suggest to take just bigger surce pictures for such things. there are several texture sites  and some have textures with really big resolutions that you dont need so much tiles. as i started batting myself just  since a short time ago i am sure there are other nice solutions for that what i dont know.
however the rest of it looks very good in my eyes.

the idea with the diner is great too and i would love to see that ome day in my city as i could really need some more ;)

-paul

Lilojame

Thanks Pat. Actually no specific names in my mind as for yet, so if you have any just say so.   ;D

Hi Paul, thanks for poping by! We are of the same thoughts about that roof texture (one of the reasons why I dont release the building yet and there are more). The bad part is that I still need to find the decent ones and not those pesky little 90x90px. The second problem is the rendering one tho cous my grafic card can hardly handle more than 200 000 splines (or something). Basicaly that means that this model is cut in two parts (instead of one) and when put together on just one side a strange aprox 1px diagonal line appears (but not where the parts are joint together). ???

Well, if my goofy-card (read as grafic card) will allow then those models should be out pretty soon. ;)

Will add the textured pic of that particular model in about and hour.

metarvo

That stand looks very nice, Karin, and the buildings shown in pictures 6-8 in the previous update also look very good.  You are an expert BATter, if I do say so myself.

&apls
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.