• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your... railroads and GLR

Started by threestooges, March 25, 2007, 05:46:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Manuel-ito

You probably mean Jsteed's "JR Kamegura Station"?
http://descargas.capitalsim.net/?sitio=csc&descarga=268
By the way, nice work on that sunken rail, Haljackey! :thumbsup:

Seaman

dyoungyn

Not really a rail road but rather NAM Elevated Rail station.  I really never thought the circled item was even possible till I tried with NAM 36; completely AMAZING.

Terring7

This picture might not be something interesting for some of you. But for me, it's a proof (mostly to myself) that after 4 years I can finally play my favorite game.

"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

Hi all,just a industrial map with a bit of track work on it :).

Terring7

Let's show some love to monorails :)

"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

Haljackey

Gotta finalize the rail network before I can finalize the road network.

Click images for full size.

Une_ame

From a new city I just launch, this is the centrale station maintenance warehouse....
babuloziwad / adj Above perfection in SC4; Dude, this MOD is ~ !

Tyberius06

Well, well good stuff!
Here is some of my railroads... ;)

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

Gugu3

Seaman

oh boy, this is serious! awesome work  &apls

I've never seen this building before. May I ask for the name of it?

EDIT:
Never mind. Just found it myself. I just googled "sc4 skyscraper complex" and looked at the picture search. Then I found a bunch of cool looking buildings, got distracted and ended up browsing through Diego Del Llano's stuff on simtropolis. Boy, he's prolific! And there I've found it: denver place. Amazing what you can do by a google picture search even without an exact name or phrase.

eggman121

Long time no post.

a simple Wye from me with the RRW and HRW.

Some great creations here I must admit!

-eggman121

LucarioBoricua

The same way I like to go over-the-top with my road projects, I do the same with rail projects!

Presenting...

Rockford Base Tunnel
Nida and Rockford,
Kingdom of Rota

The lengthy base tunnel required excavation using the Excadrill-5300, a most formidable Tunnel Boring Machine!

It also required the use of an on-site pre-cast concrete plant for the tunnel liner.

The grand plan was to bypass a treacherous winding single track mountain railway, benefitting train traffic which didn't need to stop at the quaint mountain village of Rockford

Once completed, a new infrastructure marvel joins the legendary Castle Rockford!

South Rotan Alps Main Line
Lake Platinum
Kingdom of Rota

This has to be one of my all-time favorite railway scenic views, where the Dialga Falls empty between the natural alpine Lake Platinum and the artificial Lake Diamond!

City Express
City of Zamacentia
Kingdom of Rota

Between conventional rail, street-running trams and elevated rail, this is one of my most sophisticated urban rail set-ups in years!

City_Slider

Hi there,

if i may ask: Is it a Lot made by you? I´m talking about the Tunnel Boring Machine. It looks fantastic. Great....

Regards, Oliver

LucarioBoricua

Quote from: City_Slider on May 18, 2021, 09:11:40 AM
Hi there,

if i may ask: Is it a Lot made by you? I´m talking about the Tunnel Boring Machine. It looks fantastic. Great....

Regards, Oliver

That's gonna be a tough sell! The original lot was published by WolfZe in Simtropolis. Getting it now would require going into his Patreon account and donate to it.

Tarkus

WolfZe's Patreon was shut down, and apparently, per one of his few subscribers while it was up, his previous work from the STEX was apparently not available to subscribers, either.  Knowing a little more about the situation, it's . . . messy, to say the least.

All that aside, nice work, Lucario!

-Alex

fantozzi

Quote from: Tarkus on May 18, 2021, 10:44:53 PM
WolfZe's Patreon was shut down, and apparently, per one of his few subscribers while it was up, his previous work from the STEX was apparently not available to subscribers, either. 

-Alex

Sorry to disturb but I need to express my strong denial regarding a link to another site where community members that left the scene are attacked in a sad and unnessecary way, well knowing they can't defend themselves anymore. I personally think we shouldn't discuss each other that way. And I strongly hope the given link doesn't bring this discussion of no earthly use over here. Invocations to boycott single members are inacceptable from my point of view.

Wiimeiser

I'm assuming his Patreon was shut down by EA, based on what Tarkus said on his blog back in March. Though that's just speculation on my part...
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

Tarkus

First off, fantozzi, I appreciate your expressions of concern.  Normally, I would not post something that I would know could be subject to controversy in this manner, and it is not something I take lightly.  However, given my knowledge of the situation, experience in past situations, the fact that my counterparts at Simtropolis have left this post to stand, and the general rules of this site and the community, I felt it necessary to provide the additional context that thread offers--namely, that the old files were not available.

Not even getting to any matter of anyone's business practices in further detail, making one's content exclusively available via a Patreon account is effectively a form of paywalling, and constitutes commercial activity.  This is in violation of the EA Tools End User License Agreement (EULA), which can be read here, and is also in violation of Site Rule #11

11.  SC4 Devotion seeks to uphold the End User License Agreement (EULA) of EA Maxis, for SimCity 4 and any first-party tools or patches.  Discussion of any sort of modification or project that would use first or third-party SC4 content in a manner that is contraindicated by the EULA, and/or could potentially damage the salability of SimCity 4 and expose SimCity 4 Devotion and its staff to financial and legal liabilities, is prohibited.

If someone's using a Patreon simply for early access, with the intent of uploading the files to a public exchange for free download a short time later (as Jasoncw does), this is, IMHO, acceptable, and could be rationally construed as a "tip" or "donation".  But is as far as anyone should go down this road, and speaking as the owner of this site, I will not condone the promotion of content paywalling here at SC4D.  Any links to any sites, Patreon accounts, etc., that engage in such practices will be removed. 

I'll note, I did write an editorial ("BATing for Bucks: A Pandora's (Brown) Box") at SimTarkus about the subject back in March.

The matter of what happens to content produced by someone who was paywalling is definitely a first, even in a community that's been going for over 18 years, and has created a rather difficult situation.  I have my own opinions on what should be done with the files, though being that the content was originally uploaded to the STEX, not the LEX, all I can really do is opine. 

I'll note, before anyone brings up the LEX DVD--that was a product of the previous ownership.  Upon taking ownership of SC4 Devotion in July 2019, I immediately ended the site's previous practice of soliciting and accepting donations.  Accordingly, the contents of the LEX DVD will be going onto the LEX at a later date, free to download for the entire community. 

If anyone wishes to discuss the matter further, know that my PM box is open, the forums here are open, and the ST thread remains open (Edit: ST Staff comment from Cyclone Boom.)--but we should allow this thread to return to its original purpose, of members showing their latest efforts with rail-based transportation networks.

-Alex

Wiimeiser

If someone wants to create another thread to further the discussion, I guess that's fine. I still have more cents to give (and ask) on the matter.

To (kind of) go back to the topic at hand, I wonder how that castle was made.
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...