• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

GWL workshop

Started by Gwail, May 18, 2009, 01:52:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luke09

Hey man nice stuff,really a nice job!I have some suggestions to you.
Roundabout Bus and Subway stations,to one way roundabout and avenue roundabout.
And i also loved your diagonal stations
Tu és
Time de tradição,raça,amor e paixão,
Ó meu mengo...
Eu,sempre te amarei,
Onde estiver estarei
Ó meu mengo

Meastro444

Looks real nice Gwl;)

The only thing that bothers me is the pushbar on the front, could you make one without as well?
Friend of the Certified Drama Queen :)

carkid1998

Oh My!

Amazing, I would whoop with delight if you release these!! :thumbsup:
Sendona... Coming soon!

Gwail

SimNation, great to see an original New Yorker in my thread! I'm glad you like my work, don't hesitate to bring suggestions at any time. Yes, the subway station will be brightened.

Luke, will see, so far I have to finish modelling.

Meastro - I'm not sure if it's a good idea - there are some flashings on it, see below.

Ryan, be prepared ;).

Although I'm a bit busy with RL stuff again, there is always some free time to move on. Today a little feedback highlights of NYPD ESS unit. First some stress test photos thanks to Ennedi. Dakar Rally ahead ;)!

And now two movies made by kindness of Haljackey:

http://www.youtube.com/v/ixddu5IaUhg

http://www.youtube.com/v/mP4iSbqqXM0
My misc works thread:
GWL workshop

Ennedi

Yeah, I tested it rather intensively  :D

Edit: Today's action at SOGO building

Very good vehicle!  :thumbsup:

Adam  ;D
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

Gwail

Adam, thanks for sharing more photos (at least I can post again, without being warned  $%Grinno$% - big thanks to all lurkers, anyway, always another 100+ views up  :thumbsup: ). It's Ford F-250, enforced, I've seen it lately in my neighborhood, really makes impression. I'm only curious, who will pay for another painting and bodywork  ;D.

So, let's go with something new - NYC MTA buses:

First of all, Mercedes Citaro G has been finished, all I have to do is managing LUA script to work together with other trailered buses.

And here goes brand new Orion V, with two versions - standard one and CNG propelled:

Only one thing left is replacing windows in Orion V CNG, to make more variety. I'm still thinking about lighten up the windows with nightlights - there is enough bright light inside the bus to show the whole interior. But I don't know if it wouldn't go too far ;). I have to try.
My misc works thread:
GWL workshop

carkid1998

Wooooow! I love these! $%Grinno$%

And Ennidi, maybe you tested it tooo intensively
Sendona... Coming soon!

92wardsenator

Hello all, I'm replying in response to the School Bus.

I've been waiting for someone to recreate the imgame school bus for YEARS.. and you guys finally did it :)

Only one problem, the roof caps are not correct. The bus is listed as an "AmTran", however you have a Blue Bird roof cap on the front, and a Corbeil roof cap on the back (which don't even exist on longer school buses). Other than that it looks almost perfect. I'd love to help with the skinning or making skins but I have no idea how.

If it helps, you can use my website for reference on future school bus projects:
http://busweb.awardspace.us/ - Feel free to use what you need!

-Jake

Leodido

Awesome job :)
One question, will the bus shelter be able to be incorporated in the RTMT?

Omnia, my first MD. Check it out!

Gwail

Quote from: 92wardsenator on July 09, 2009, 06:25:27 AM
Only one problem, the roof caps are not correct. The bus is listed as an "AmTran", however you have a Blue Bird roof cap on the front, and a Corbeil roof cap on the back (which don't even exist on longer school buses). Other than that it looks almost perfect. I'd love to help with the skinning or making skins but I have no idea how.
Jake, thanks for stopping by and making your first post in my thread! It's good to know that there is somebody being found of school buses around here  :thumbsup:. Your website is very well organised (I like it more than school bus central), I will certainly use it, when I'll decide to make another school buses. About my AmTran roof caps - being honest I didn't pay too much attention to these details, indeed, my fault, thanks for pointing that. I will be more carefull next time :). And if you wouldn't mind, I will use you for the expert's advice.

Leodido - take a look at these pictures, but don't tell anyone, ok ;)?

So far I'm fighting with lack of time and Cogeo's and Steve's severe requirements  ;D.
My misc works thread:
GWL workshop

Ehanson

It's great to see your project as I've been waiting for NYC automata like this for quite some time. The detail and effort going into each creation is wonderful! &apls

I wonder though if there is a way to replace the default siren on the ESU unit for a more authentic NYPD siren sound effect like these, http://www.nytimes.com/2007/06/14/nyregion/15siren_sounds.html I know you're limited in time so maybe I'll try that to see if I can figure it out. I'm more of a BATer than a modder.

Speaking of which I have been BATing my own set of 3D New York automat including bus and subway stations. You might have seen them in my NYC recreation project thread over at Simtropolis.

Looking forward to more.

tag_one

Those bus stations look splendid Chris  :thumbsup:

Pat

gwail wonderful work on the ESU and I love it!!!  BTW love the other NYC Bus with the very subtle $5 foot long add lol

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Gwail

Ehanson, great you've stopped by, the pleasure is mine  :thumbsup:. It's a good idea with replacing the sound, I'll try to find out if it's possible, too. You've mentioned your bus and subway stations - blame me, but I remember only the West 72nd Str and Astor Place. I know your CJ at simtropolis and blogspot very well (same as Rene's one) - I'm a loyar lurker ;). I haven't seen any NYC generic stations (except Gshmails' models), that's why I've decided to do them by myself.

Merijn, thanks, you're very kind :). I wish my BATs were at least in a half as good as yours.

Pat, thanks! I think I will have a business to you, will PM you shortly.

The next bus automata is somewhere around... Stay tuned!
My misc works thread:
GWL workshop

Leodido

Ah that's awesome, nice job :)

Omnia, my first MD. Check it out!

92wardsenator

Quote from: Gwail on July 10, 2009, 09:23:33 PM
Jake, thanks for stopping by and making your first post in my thread! It's good to know that there is somebody being found of school buses around here  :thumbsup:. Your website is very well organised (I like it more than school bus central), I will certainly use it, when I'll decide to make another school buses. About my AmTran roof caps - being honest I didn't pay too much attention to these details, indeed, my fault, thanks for pointing that. I will be more carefull next time :). And if you wouldn't mind, I will use you for the expert's advice.

Sure :). You're fine. Shoot me a Private Message if you ever need any advice!

Gwail

Way slow ahead!

Got a while to launch a game to make pics, so here comes a little preview with another NYC MTA bus - Orion VII, going in two versions - CNG propelled and hybrid-electric (HEV):

And a little add-on. Found a good pic, why not make a skin ;).

My misc works thread:
GWL workshop

joelyboy911

I can't wait (I can, but you know....) to use those busses of yours Gwail. They look superb!
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

Gwail

Thank you, joelyboy911!

Today only a quick research - what kind of bus nightlights do you like more? Let me know!

Standard version:

Advanced version:

My misc works thread:
GWL workshop

SimNation

That enhanced version of the bus looks fantastic. The Standard version looks great to. Will the enhanced version use up more graphic resources? Of were you able to make it so it uses the same amount as the standard. Either way the buses look fantastic.