• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your...Intersections

Started by sanantonio, January 23, 2007, 05:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eggman121

Very nice work everybody. It's been quite quiet in this thread.

I should liven it up a bit  ;D

What about this 4 level monster :D . Took forever to find out how to make it.

-eggman121

noahclem

Looks awesome  &apls  Reminds me a little bit of something I've been working on recently with the attached second interchange.

DJSun1981

yes its nice intersection  &apls , but people wich are comming from north and south from RHW  they not allowed to go on the Avenue  :D

eggman121

Quote from: DJSun1981 on December 10, 2014, 08:03:19 PM
yes its nice intersection  &apls , but people wich are comming from north and south from RHW  they not allowed to go on the Avenue  :D

There is an interchange North of the interchange for that  ;) Too messy to connect the Diamond interchange with all the various interchange positions.

-eggman121

Gugu3

duferraz

This is a simple intersection, but is very significant in São Pedro Metropolitan Area.

thomaslc

Urban interchange between RHW-8S and RHW-10S, no weaving, 3 levels (0/1/2). Had fun building it!

Schohns

RHW newbie here. This is a scene from a new region of mine (not populated yet), any opinions? :)
click image to enlarge

Haljackey

Looks really good guys! I like them a lot!

I wanted to mention that Simtropolis had a interchange competition last month with a lot of unique entries. You can view all the submissions here, I think you guys will like many of the designs: http://community.simtropolis.com/topic/65436-monthly-challenge-december-2014-voting-thread/

...And since I'm here I may as well post what I made. Took all month to make it.

Click for full size.

McDuell

It's been a long time since I showed some interchanges, but unfortunately, during the last few months, RL got massively in my way.  &mmm

Anyway, today I'd like to compare some of my a bit more complicated interchanges from earlier NAMs/RHWs with today's NAM32.

Let's start with one of the 6-way types. I did this one way back in time with the then actual RHW4. Counting the tunnel, it's technically a 3-level stack interchange. Three is also one part where a lane merges into the main branch before another one exits. While there is no weaving (except maybe for a few airheads wanting to stay eastbound after leaving the thru-lanes  $%Grinno$%), I don't particularly like that part.

With NAM 32, I could get rid of the tunnel in favor of a true 3-level interchange. Interestingly, the footprint doesn't get significantly larger in spite of the now missing tunnel and the wide angle curves.

This is an entirely different case with the 8-way interchange. Let's show the RHW5 version first. Featuring orthogonal crossing tunnels, the stack counts technically as a 4-level interchange.

Here is where things got complicated. Not wanting any weaving or tunnels, this interchange turned out to be considerably more complicated than the one before. The level reduction from 4 to 3 didn't help keep the size small either. This interchange is just huge! (And a big mess in general as well  :D)

Here is another 6-way type, this time with a center crossing. This one is a 4-level stack as well, done with RHW5.

The small orthogonal center part of the diagonal freeway helped keep the size small, despite getting rid of the tunnels and reducing the interchange to 3 levels.

M.
----------------
It's redundant, it's redundant. (R.E. Dundant)
----------------

feyss

OMG  :o

That's a lot of complex interchanges. How much days did you spend to build one of these ?

Great work anyway.  ;)

jonas_chaves

WOW! This Interchanges is soo big! Great work!

Hey Haljackey, how can you put this traffic in your streets? I'm curious huehue.

wallasey

Quote from: eggman121 on December 10, 2014, 12:09:49 PM
Very nice work everybody. It's been quite quiet in this thread.

I should liven it up a bit  ;D

What about this 4 level monster :D . Took forever to find out how to make it.

-eggman121

This is great! I love the different levels! Must have taken an age to work out where everything should go!

radtke12801

almost finished this interchange but need help making it full access  ()what()

Wiimeiser

A bit of a stretch but try dragging diagonal MIS over the diagonal section and/or making a T-Stack
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

radtke12801

Quote from: Wiimeiser on January 15, 2015, 04:37:24 PM
A bit of a stretch but try dragging diagonal MIS over the diagonal section and/or making a T-Stack
Wow I just realized how dumb a question that was lol  :-[. I was trying to remake an interchange based off a real one where the MIS goes around the junction of the two highways but couldn't make it without it looking hideous. Kinda distracted me from thinking a practical solution

radtke12801

finished the pathing, now time to expand  :)

DJSun1981

Hope its the right size from Picture: