• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Farms North of Grasmere () My SC4 MD Scrapbook

Started by Vizoria, October 08, 2014, 02:31:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kergelen

Nice general views &apls

Quote from: vortext on December 17, 2014, 05:44:59 AM
Also, the placement of that one diagonal highrise is awesome!  &apls

I'm agree

I also like the tunel system and the small cement football area.

Links to SC4 websites

Girafe

Good job on city plannings; lot of details and realism  ;)
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Vizoria

Replies:

romualdillo: Thank you!

vortext: That diagonal skyscraper really struck me. I think it is Cockatoo's HK Yougfu House.

Kergelen:
Thanks! In the next major city I build I want to make further use of highway tunnels because the entrances look so cool.

Girafe: Cheers!

///
///

Entry 16: The Ravensworth Agricultural Experiments (WIP)

First of all there hasn't been an entry in a couple of days because I rediscovered Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri and found out (again) just how addictive this game can be. So sorry about that delay.

Now, inspired by Fasan's Krokanien MD on SC4D -- which has the best agricultural, urban and natural areas I have ever seen -- I decided to return to agriculture and MMPs. Ravensworth is the testing ground for my experiments with MMPs and realistic agriculture- or as realistic as SC4 will allow. Also in this entry I will be sharing my results from these experiments and indicating useful mods which I used in the process. Let's take a look:

///

The town of Ravensworth, the focus today will be the farmland West of the river.

Thirlmere Lake.

I had fun messing around with nbvc's tents.

My first campsite.

To disguise the roads on either side of the bridge I used the terrain brush from xannepan's Jenx Poseidon water mods to cover them up. I used the dry grass terrain brush in this picture.

Dominating the picture are the SBFT vineyards created by Andreas.

The ever versatile Heblem paths extend the route connecting the vineyard to the nearby road.

What a pigsty of a field! To satisfy all of your sheep, pig and cow spawning needs go to the BSC LEX and look for jestarr's Mayor Mode Ploppable Livestock.

A small horse ranch. The actual building is part of the Dutch override of Maxis farms created by FrankU. Very useful! These buildings also function if there's only one road or pedmall tile adjacent to it. Which comes in very handy for creating farms offset from the road.

Another terrain brush from the Jenx Poseidon mod. This one is sand which can also emulate dry pasture land should one leave a little of the terrain showing.

TS Power Poles, created by threestooges, are very MMP friendly.

Pasture land for sheep farming.

Using ChrisAdams3997's RRP pasture flora, here is one field with green rye grass and grass combined together. Throw in a little MMP dirt and the field is complete.

And a field purely of clover. The dirt MMPs comes from ionionion's OMCo filling gravel.

I also looked into river banks and the various MMP configurations. Here is the green rye grass and light dirt configuration.

Girafe's trees are a must-have for creating deciduous and coniferous woodland.

The stone walls created by the VIP Team (from Simtropolis) remind me so much of the ones in the Pennines and in Swaledale.

More river bank reeds from the VIP Team.

Framly's RFR Maize Set in action. A quick and easy filler for agricultural areas.

A small village with a couple of tractor dealerships to keep the local economy ticking over.

MMP carparks: the result when VIP Team MMP cars and Heblem gravel paths mix.

One of the first farms I created in Ravensworth.

///

And that's it for this agricultural excursion. Next time it is back to Townshead and the urban jungle.

benedict

Click on the banner to celebrate!

Themistokles

That farm on the last image is just gorgeous, it blends so naturally with the ground texture. Your work on the shorelines is also outstanding, I especially like how that more ovovergrown shore transitions to the more sandy one. I think though,  that the pond would have been better with mmps, especially when you're so talented with them. :thumbsup: Now it'll be interesting to see how you bring this rural revival into town!
Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

Fasan

Wow, that's a great Job showing it here. I'm excited.  &apls
I love Landscapes.  :)

Merry Christmas, Fasan  ;)

FrankU

art128

Excellent work with the rural areas, they look splendid. I like the camp near the lake.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Kergelen

Nice agricultural landscape.
I like the use of Poseidon Mod combined with flora and horses. Really well done &apls

Links to SC4 websites

benedict

Congratulations, your MD was number one on Ben's Top Ten for the week ending 1 January 2015 - Happy New Year!
Click on the banner to celebrate!

Vizoria

Replies:

benedict: Thank you.

Themistokles: Perhaps one day I will return to Ravensworth and complete it.

Fasan: Thanks a lot! All the MMPs and farms were inspired by your amazing MD.

FrankU: Thanks!

art128: Thank you, I also enjoyed creating that campsite and mixing MMP tents with park ones.

Kergelen: The Poseidon Mod has incredible potential, I only wish it were expanded to include more ground textures: grassland, forest floors and meadows. It would allow me to cut down on the MMPs- especially the grass and flower ones.

{---}

Entry 17: City Snapshots

For the last two months I have been beavering away working on one last SC4 city, it will be the last one because I won't have time for SC4 come this September when I start teacher training. Now, Annuq is very nearly finished, once I have "painted" in a few more fields with MMPs then Annuq will be complete. In the meantime here are some snapshots from various areas of the city detailing showing the varied areas of Annuq.

{---}

The start of the M134, one entrance onto the intercity highway in Annuq.

In the heart of Downtown.

A towering skyscraper rises out from its W2W city block.

Shopping sprawl and suburban sprawl.

Where thriving industry and wasteland meet.

Farmers market.

Supermarket!

Ronley Green- a place for the wealthy middle-class and the rich to live in.

{---}

And now one super large mosaic from the city outskirts-

-to the city centre.

vortext

time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

art128

Nice work with the various blocks. The transition from farms to building is very well done.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

manga rivotra

Very good update with a typically american atmosphere. I love the suburbs, and your wasteland are really realistic  &apls

carlfatal

Wonderful mosaic!  :thumbsup:

I particulary like your nature pictures - some of the best I´ve ever seen in SC4!  &apls

Themistokles

It shows how much effort you've put into it and it really does pay off -- in details, like the market stalls on the bottom left in the mosaic or the ave-2 that matches the parking lot perfectly, in all the city planning that must have gone into it, and in the sheer awesomeness of it all &apls
Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

Vizoria

Replies:

vortext: Thanks a lot! It's the first proper urban to rural transition I have created in SC4. I could build great farms and great cities, but I never connected the two.

art128
: Thank you. Every city block in Annuq has a different feel to it.

manga rivotra: Thanks for that, I figured the wasteland would be hit or miss depending on the quality of the garbage props.

carlfatal: You can thank Fasan and his amazing style for the pictures from Ravensworth, you see Ravensworth was once my testing ground for MMP laying and MMP field design. Does Fasan still update his MD?

Themistokles: Cheers! Annuq is definitely the most detailed and diverse city I have created.

{---}

Entry 18: The Annuq Oil Refinery

Now that Annuq is finished -- barring a few small things -- it's time to show you around this city. Let's start with the oil refinery.

{---}

Ideally this would be the Northern part of Annuq if I were to actually regionally play. But I just don't have the time so instead I just focus on completing one single large city tile.

The Annuq oil refinery- this is a small one in the region's oil distribution network.

Oil from the nodding donkeys and the railway oil depot is taken to this refinery.

Both refined and unrefined oil is stored at this railway oil depot.

The railway oil depot.

Blue Cherry Pond.

A truck rest stop.

{---}

Next time from Annuq-

-more heavy industry.

c.p.

Wow, nice.  I've probably downloaded most of the oil-related stuff from the STEX and LEX, but I've never used it.  It great to see it in-game :thumbsup:

Vizoria

Thank you c.p. for the comment- the LEX has the best oil BATs and LOTs.

{---}

Entry 19: Heavy Industry in North-East Annuq

Smokestacks, warehouses and more concrete than you can shake a stick with. The Betax Complex is just North East of Annuq's oil refinery and contains a mixture of manufacturing and resource processing industries.

{---}

Batex Complex.

Batex coal-fired power station.

A few shops and retail outlets besides Batex Complex.

A small water treatment plant.

The start of Canary Docks.

The South corner of Canary Docks.

The remains of a levelled food processing plant complex.

A few structures still remain though.

The site is mainly used as dumping ground.

Blue Cherry pond to the right.

Towards the top is the decimated remains of a carpark.

{---}

For this Sunday there will be a lot of shopping malls, office complexes and expansive retail areas in the next entry.

manga rivotra

The last pictures that you have showed are very good and realistic. I love specially the rail oil depot and the overview of the batex complex.  :thumbsup: