• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us...... Your Canal stuff

Started by Citynut, January 31, 2007, 12:45:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alfred.Jones

They look great Simgoober! I have always wanted terraced corners and fillers :thumbsup:

Sim City 4 Devotion

bwatterud

@-NikNik - The warehouse complex in pic 2 is Citynut's Newman Inc Shipping.  I'm pretty sure it's just on the STEX. 

bat

wonderful canalstuff @ everyone who have posted some canalstuff! :thumbsup:

deadwoods

I've posted a few pics of some of SG's Canals and with BSC Parks (including some new yet-to-be-released pieces) here.
David, aka deadwoods

NikNik

WOW DW. I love those little airplanes. Wonderfull work.

Great Canals too.
Did you have a look at that French site as mentioned by Toxicpiano?
They look great.

Nik-Nik

Citynut

Wow SG showed up - that is so cool the Canal God  &apls - great job as always on the stuff you are thinking about releasing. those look really sweet. Great Idea on maybe merging all of the great lots into one or two big dat files. But  ;) you know me I'm always thinking of different ways to make something new with these. So the mega packs may never end  ;D
&apls &apls to Simgoober for the original Idea  :thumbsup:
I'm nutty and I Bat and they're coming for me with the white coats again

Gaston

Sorry if this is the wrong place for this.   But it was the first place I could think of for help.  :)

Okay once again I have an odd question/problem.    I DL'd the avenue bridges for SG's canals from the STEX before the were put on the LEX.   They don't seem to wanna show up in my game.   They show up but no bridge is there.   Just the lot without the bridge itself.   This is for all of them not just one of the bridges.   I guessed I was missing a dependency file.   So I searched around and made sure I had all the dependencies listed.   Still they didn't show right.   So...   I used SC4Tool to see what I was still missing.   (Thanks Barbyw and Andreas Roth)   It says I am missing a couple of files but it lists the files as "unknown"  but I have what I think (not a programmer) are the hex numbers for them.     If anyone can help with this please let me know.     I'll be happy to list the numbers I have, if it helps.    PM or E-mail is okay with me.   I have re-down loaded the lots from the LEX just incase they might contain the missing files.   I am gonna wait to reinstall um just incase someone might have an answer.

I'll see if I can post an image later.

---Gaston
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

BarbyW

Ripptide posted the wrong file for the first set :thumbsdown: and I posted two further files later that sorted the problem and also had pathing from Swamper77 added. You either need to download the other files from the STEX or get the pack on the LEX as that is the complete one ;D :thumbsup:
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

Gaston

Thanks again Barbyw,

As ususal you came through for me.   I did excactly that.  I DL'd the LEX version.  Time to run data packer again and have some fun actually playing the game.  LOL

---Gaston
白龍

WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

Cali

work in progress:) more screenies later
"It's not a design flaw, It's my signature"

Fred_Ginger

Citynut & SG, Please, please, please, please, release those additions to the canals, I love the park walk along the canals, CN and the 'fillers' are beyond what I've needed SG!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: &apls &apls &apls
My name is Vicki
Fred and Ginger were my doggies
RIP my babies

CabraBuitre

Great work CN and SG!

SG,

Have you considered at all diagonal pieces for variable width canals, the same way you created the single-width canals?

I just discovered some files over at toutsimcity that use the same water texture, but don't have the brick shores... rather grassy ones:

BTW, those files can be found HERE

Check out Abelfarei!

threestooges

Everything looks great so far, so I am somewhat hesitant to throw my two cents in (but why not?):
These are part of the same canal system (one of my first tries) that are fed from an artesian well that then flows out to the sea

Gaston

Very nice post 3stooges.   I like how you used them.

---Gaston
白龍

CabraBuitre

Here's a couple of my shots from my CJ... er MD, which will be coming over here shortly...

These pictures highlight the gardens a big more... I'll see if I can take some actually OF the canals themselves.

I've got another city that has more industrial-styled canals using Peg's.  I have yet to take any pics of that city yet, though.  Hope you like 'em!

Check out Abelfarei!

Fledder200

wow nice shots everyone!!
CabraBuitre:   i love that big park with the overflow's!!
threestooges : that beach pic is amazing!!!
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Life is too short to wear bad clothes...and ugly shoes!

Citynut

Everybody - I love all the pictures sor far - Everyone is is doing a super job using the canal makes me inspired to come up with more stuff  ;D - Love it, just love it. Keep the pictures coming
I'm nutty and I Bat and they're coming for me with the white coats again

Alfred.Jones

:o This is amazing stuff!! I will try to get some pictures of my pointless attempts to use these awesome lots :thumbsup:

Sim City 4 Devotion

bat

keithsed

Thanks CabraBuitre for the link to grassy canal banks.  :thumbsup: Those will look mighty good in a rural setting between my farms.

I was just going to work on some of my farms so it will come in handy.

Thanks.

Keith