• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Chopping a Model

Started by Kitsune, May 05, 2017, 02:14:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitsune

I downloaded a 8 sets of houses with 4 colors per set... one set I like a lot, except it has a deck modeled with it and exceeds the 1x1 lot size solely because of this deck. Is there a way of chopping this deck off ?
~ NAM Team Member

eggman121

If you have a model in Gmax format you can use the Slice function to remove whichever is not needed.

If it is a pre-rendered model than it is much harder since the isometric BAT is harder to manipulate.

-eggman121

Kitsune

Yeah its .sc4model I have ... oy.
~ NAM Team Member

Simcoug

You could turn the houses into props and just have the deck overhang the 1x1 lot.   &idea
maybe it won't work for your situation, but that would be a little easier than trying to chop off the SC4 model...  ;)

Kitsune

Yeah I tried that solution but what happens is the deck will intrude into the building on the opposite 1x1. I've thought about model tweaker and scaling it - but it seems the building size stays the same even though the s3d was shrunk? Its the one area I dont know anything about: s3d and fsh, and models in general. I'm way way better tweaking and Frankenstein-ing stuff then creating it from scratch.
~ NAM Team Member

mgb204

Honestly unless you really know what you are doing (expert) with manipulating S3D models and textures, it won't work and the results of trying will be terrible.

That's the short answer really. SC4 models do not contain the components needed to alter or change models, but it is technically possible to work around this.

praiodan

Could you maybe show us which houses you mean? Depending on how the S3D model is composed, it might be possible so solve this by editing the FSH textures. I've done this a couple of times, but it very much depends on each model, how well it can be applied (or even if at all).

Kitsune

Actually late last night I got the model tweaker to scale it down... the reason why it was not appearing is because I had a copy of the original models still in the plugin folder. Remove those - and viola. The house looks more reasonable too now. Thank you everyone for your suggestions.
~ NAM Team Member