• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Japan Recreation(日本作成日時) - Teaser(ティーザー)

Started by ユミーちゃん, June 23, 2014, 04:37:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ユミーちゃん

Thank you for all your helpful comments!
I haven't issued an update in like, a month or so :-[? I'm sorry. I had a lot of school work during this time because, I have to focus on getting into a good college and what not. I am afraid that I can not promise any frequent updates ()sad()
In this update, I will show more real life pictures, as you guys requested. I will even show you the inside of a building!

The city has been experiencing a ton of growth, lately from 70,000 people in the last update, 126,538 people in this update.
Hiroshima Statistics:
Total Population: 126,538 ppl.
Urbaniztion Promotion Zone Density (Gray): 13,319 ppl. per square kilometer.
Total City Density (Whole City): 7,908 ppl. per square kilometer.
Total City Area: 16 kilometers.
City Area: 9.5 kilometers.

The new area I will show you in this update is the Asaminami Ward. It is near (North to be exact) Higashi Ward, the ward in which I live.

I usually go here to have fun and relax with my friends. Especially at the resteraunts and karaoke place. (Real life pictures are ahead!)

This right here is the cafe I go to after a day at school. It is called Hanabi「花火」。It is a great cafe! I Love the food!

Now the exterior:

A small Commercial Center.

The bowling alley is there. A large park for the kids has been constructed.

A few hi rises.

A commercial strip

The Aoyama Store (The Building with the two big blue signs) "The World's No.1!"

Now the real life image:

I really hope you like the update! I had to go around and take a lot of pictures for this one! I hope you enjoyed this, and feel free to ask about where I got the mods from!
I would also appreciate negative criticism. If there is something you don't like, or something you think that I am doing wrong, please tell.

art128

Beautiful update. Don't worry about being away for some time, school's more important than a game. (And I say that while having failed twice my exam..)

Anyway, great update. I like the commercial streets a lot. I'll have to use them more in the future as they give a really nice atmosphere to the city. Though, that poor old building being completely blocked by the covered street.. It's a bit of a shame to see such a nice building being blocked like that.

The "Fireworks" Cafe looks like a nice place to relax.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Nanami

Great update! That roofed road in the commercial area really nice! I like the commercial area too. in overall your urban area pretty realistic!

well real life always come first you know.... best luck for your test! hope you get the one you always wanted to be!

speaking about Hiroshima, I just take a google streetview tours after try to do a streetview travel from Kagoshima to Osaka.. its an interesting city, I like the city it has a nice riverside park area...  also aoyama store seems very commons there right?

belfastsocrates

The covered street is a nice touch. Nice set of images as well, I'm by no means an expert on Japanese or Asian inspired SC4 cities but I do enjoy seeing them and this one seems rather good with a lot of realism.
A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

noahclem

Great update  &apls  The covered street is a really interesting idea and it's neat to hear you talk about your experience with places. Best of luck getting into college  :thumbsup:

ユミーちゃん

I'm sorry to ask but, how do you change the name of a topic? (I want to change so I can symbolize where the update is talking about or taking place in.)

vester

Dantes

Your city and your region to be great. I do not like HK-building in a Japanese region, but that's a matter of taste. Why your high web has a bridge crossing I do not understand. But I like the urban Bebbaung. You have implemented impressive! I look very much like your pictures!

ユミーちゃん

REPLIES:

art128: Thank you for your comment! Of course, I have to study a lot on them. Reality always comes first, it will hit everyone at some point. And yes, the Hanabi cafe IS a nice place relax, I very much enjoy being there.

Kisa Atsuko: That roofed commercial area was a touch of realism. They are always very interesting places, with lots of people inside of them too. Thank you for wishing me luck on my exams!

belfastsocrates: Thank you for your comment! I hope you continue to stay with me until the end!

noahclem: I'm glad that you liked to hear about my experience with places. :thumbsup:

vester: Thank you so much for telling me how to change the name! I should give you a hug! :laugh:

Dantes: I'm glad that you think that my city and my region are great. The high web bridge crossing? That is a crossing between 2 different tracks, the monorail (Bullet Train) and the normal rail. The HK building was to help add more diversity to the city, it fits my taste, but I guess I don't have to put as much of them, if you want to.

This update is about my work on Osaka Prefecture. Yes, I am still working on Hiroshima, the city tile is almost done. I am going to start numbering my pictures, from this update and on. This will be a large update, with 22 pictures. Enjoy! :thumbsup:

1. This right here is the city of Sennan, Osaka Prefecture(泉南市、大坂府). The city population in real life is 65,315, while my Sennan has 86,804.
WOW. I exceeded the population by over 20,000! But then again, I had to fill in all of the space. So now comes the statistics.
Density (Urban): 22,257 people per square kilometer.
Density (All): 5,425 people per square kilometer.
Land Area (Urban): 3.9 square kilometers.
Land Area (All): 16 square kilometers.
Enough about statistics, on to the city!

2. Right here on this intersection, you can see the Nogami Hospital. I chose the Maxis hospital as it looked very much like it.

3. This right here is one of Sennan's lakes.As you can see, there are people canoeing in lake.

4. This is a small commercial center with a post office.

5. This right here is one of the really nice roads. Very pretty!

6. NITORI HOME FURNISHINGS (The building with the big light blue sign and the parking lot) HAS ALL OF YOUR HOME FURNITURE BUYING NEEDS!

7. This right here is the train station in a large commercial area. This train station sees 1,694 people every day! (Would this be a lot of people? If it is, then I will let you in on my tips to getting your Mass Transit used more. Say in the comments.)

8. This is another large train station. It sees 1,060 people every day! It has a lot of commercial around it.

9. Here is a nice area of town.

10. A few restaurants, offices, and shops.

11. This is the tallest building in the city. It stands out a lot.

12. A dense urban area.

13. Here is Sennan's major seaport, next to it are some factories and houses.

14. This is an area surrounded by forests.

15. Here is an Overview of the middle of the city.

16. Now the left side of the city.

17. And the right part of the city. (Part 1)

18. More of the right part of the city. (Part 2)

19. Now night pictures! Yay! (Part 1 of right side of city)

20. The right side of the city at night. (Part 2)

21. The middle part of the city at night.

22. The left part of the city at night.

So that was the update! Phew! That was a lot of pictures! Sorry, no real life pictures (Because I've never been there. The information for this city was gotten from the internet) :D Well, I hope you enjoyed! Comment, and feel free to ask about what mods I use!
I would also appreciate negative criticism. If there is something you don't like, or something you think that I am doing wrong, please tell.

Themistokles

I like the mixture of different buildings! It feels like in a metropolis, no real end or start to urbanisation, rather a continuous stretch of built-up lands. And the MMP work on the park is great!

Considering the density, though, I would've gone for viaduct rail and the RRW perhaps, but then I don't really know anything about Japan $%Grinno$%, except for what I've seen on this forum ::). Eager to see the other tiles develop! :thumbsup:
Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

Vizoria

Dantes

Wow, this is great japanes-typcal urban work ! I'm proud of you. You've developed quite strongly.

Nanami

Thit is a great update!  Nice work!

for some suggestion maybe get some catenary for realism toward rails, I suggest to use uki catenary: http://uki-sim.seesaa.net/article/259839686.html
also I suggest to avoid using maxis port, somy made great port set in his site but well if you think its better, you can keep it anyway...

Shark7

Another good update.  Very, very crowded looking to me, but considering that where I'm from you can literally look out for miles and miles of open plain, anything other than open areas look really crowded to me.  ;)  I do love how colorful the city turned out.  It is definitely not bland or boring.  :)

I did notice one thing in picture 7 that you may want to look into.  In the lower left corner, it appears the concrete texture behind the brown building is over-lapping the railroad tracks.  Its a graphical/texture issue, but was noticeable.

ユミーちゃん

I'm back! With new B.A.T work! (The update will be coming later this week, as it is almost done)
The B.A.Ts that you saw previously are now up for download!
Hiroshima Peace Memorial Link: http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/30146-hiroshima-peace-memorial/

TOTO Mall (Will be updated very soon) Link: http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/30148-toto-mall-トトモール

I am also working on brand new housing set! (Like Kori, Nekopanchi, Kei, etc.) I just started yesterday. The house are mainly based of off houses in Hiroshima. Here is the first house that I have modeled thus far. Here is the first house, modeled:

I am hoping to make at least 50 houses and 50 apartments (There is a very big lack of japanese-style apartments, so I will be filling in that gaps.) Please, tell me what you think of it. Don't be afraid to criticize, because it will help me improve. ;) Also, could anyone tell me how to do the family prop thing? (Like how Nekopanchi-san did it with his houses) I want to do it for my housing and apartment pack, so if anyone could help me, I would greatly appreciate it!

benedict

Click on the banner to celebrate!

Magneto

Your house model is nice, but the textures are too slate. Those need to be dirtier to look more realistic. Maybe start a thread at Simtropolis in the BAT section, you might get some help to improve your textures

As for the family props, smoncrie wrote a short alternative tutorial to prop families: http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=5350.msg169424#msg169424

Beautiful recreation BTW. Hope to see more, and good luck with your project

Fasan

This is an excellent job.  &apls
It is a pleasure to look at each image, properly because one discovers beautiful things.  ;)

noahclem

Your new batting projects look very promising  &apls  Of course you're welcome to share your creations on the LEX as well :)

Dantes

I wish you every success in your new project. It will be great. There are still too few Japanese residential buildings. I myself love old Japanese buildings as they jangle in the smaller towns and rural areas. No matter what you want to build, it will delight the Japan players.