• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Little Springy Crazy Jumping (Codename)

Started by wouanagaine, November 13, 2013, 05:49:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wouanagaine

Long time since my last post here so hi to all old members and welcome to all I don't know

I'm almost inactive, partially due to RL stuffs and because I'm creating my own game since May as a hobby (hence almost no more free time to play SC4)

So let me introduce you Little Springy Crazy Jumping (Name subjects to change, too long for marketing purpose)

A casual 3D platformer where you control a spring, jumping around collecting bonus to unlock doors to next level before the time runs out
Control with keyboard or X360, no mouse support. You can rebind keyboard or X360 in the option menu. Playing the tutorial should give you hints about the inputs and how to play the game

if you want to try it out, check the webplayer version. On the same page you can grab a PC version with better graphics if you want

I will gladly accept any kind of critical feedback, gameplay/graphics/sounds etc.. .

My long term goal is to go commercial, giving this kind of webplayer version with approximatly the same amount of gameplay for free (ie around 10 levels, 20 minutes gameplay), and sell a full version in the 5€/10€ range for PC/Mac (full meaning at least x5 the current number of level). So please be constructive and don't let you be fooled by 'it is wouangaine' :)

Take care,and hopefully enjoy that little game

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

catty

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

wouanagaine

It is pure coincidence, maybe some subconsience rememberance :)

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

NCGAIO

I found it very cool ...  &idea the idea is very good and also very fast to get the hang of the game.

For me the core gameplay just gets a little frustrating for not being able to walk backwards after spending just a tiny bit of the point but I think I understand why.

In the pc was great .. everything works well and the look is very pleasant!

Unfortunately I can not install the web player  so I can not give opinion.

As a great pastime sure many  would buy.  :thumbsup:

wouanagaine

Thanks

I understand the frustration for not going backward :). I plan to add a 'back in time' for around 5seconds. so  if you miss something you can still get back in time and hopefully not missing it. Also I will add a self jumping ability which will allow you to jump a bit ( less then using the bumpers )

Thanks for you comments

New Horizons Productions

memo

I hate to admit it, but I couldn't make it through the tutorial because it was too hard. I got stuck in the third room, so the tutorial didn't quite serve its purpose for me. In normal game play, I completed a couple of levels though (I played until I reached the large room where the time limit is more than 2:30, but there it got too complicated for me).

Like NCGAIO, I missed the backwards button, but I don't see why it was left out. And upon timeout, I regularly returned to the main menu because I could not make out which of the two options was selected.

wouanagaine

Thanks Memo

Yes I'm changing the last level of tuto as it seems no one can complete it but me :(

The big room is also complicated, I will try to make it easier by a adding a system that 'show' you where to go next

And thanks for the timeout menu, I will make the selected text pulse, so it will be easier to see which one is selected

Take care

New Horizons Productions

wouanagaine

Alpha Version 3 is available at the same place [here]

Added :
- tutorial level 3 easier
- camera movement to ease aiming lower platform while jumping
- UI display of needed coins left to pick to open a door
- jump ability ( space or AButton on X360 controller ), and double jump in air ( can only be used once while in air ) which make it easier to reach platforms
- ingame menu fixed

Take care

New Horizons Productions