• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Holt: One Year Later

Started by sim_link, July 27, 2012, 06:44:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpeedbumpJoey

Very cool update. What kind of sports represent Sherkston in the Toyota Center? And, any other major sporting venues in the area? Congrats on the OSTIM again. And I am from Dallas, Texas. Trust me, I wish we had kept some of our buildings as opposed to them being turned into parking lots. So I enjoy seeing the parking lots being converted.

scott1964

Nice parking, and ohh yes , nice scrappers  $%Grinno$%

sim_link

Welcome Back! Today we're back to Kuhan.
And look how long this photo is! First mosaic in a long time!

Before we begin, also be sure to check out my new blog, simlink's Kitchen Sink and follow my new twitter, @simlinkpro!

Suburban sprawl is rampantly spreading, as is now medium desiity sprawl. Plenty of new condos to choose from.
This mosaic really gives you idea of what the whole wider are is like.

Night time. Looks pretty with all these modern condo buildings here.

Gugu3
Glad you liked it! ;D

vortex
MOAR!!!!1111!!1!  $%Grinno$%
And there are going to be even more soon!  ;D

SpeedbumpJoey
Thanks! :) In this particular venue, the Holt Crusaders play, part of the SCBA (SimCity Basketball Assosciation). There have been rumours for years about an expansion SNHL (SimNational Hockey League) team coming to the area, with many predicting this being their home stadium. No official word on that yet, though.
And glad you are enjoying seeing the transition to building from parkinglot. I can only imagine losing historic buildings for parking lots... I've seen them gone for new developments, but not to only be turned to parking lots.

scott1964
Fanceh skyscrapers, always nice to look at. Glad you enjoyed them. :)

Thanks For Visiting!

art128

Very nice mosaic and night shot there.

Love the block estate.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

metarvo

Those are some narrow blocks there, but I guess more houses can be packed in that way.  It's so suburban.  ()stsfd()  I would assume the big box store with a garden center I can see just on the edge of the mosaic is Walmart; in fact, I can read Walmart on the side of one of trucks, so I know it is.  The night shot looks nice with those condos.

Nice update.  :thumbsup:
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

SpeedbumpJoey

Gugu3

Very nice!like the housing estate

benedict

Congratulations on being selected for OSITM this month.
Click on the banner to celebrate!

sim_link

Welcome Back! It's night time now.
Shorter update, but still wicked awesome. Let's go check out the night.

Before we begin, also be sure to check out my new blog, simlink's Kitchen Sink and follow my new twitter, @simlinkpro!

It's a dark, dark night here. The lights are bright and numerous. And alll the cool shapes make for a cool scene.

Zooming in on the night. This area is predominantly office space.

Of course, with all these offices, there have to be some condos nearby...

And to finish off, this bright spectacular scene. Lots of light, and mammoth construction.

art128
Thanks! SC4 has for the longest time give me issues where I couldn't really make a mosaic (crashing if I minimized it and loaded again from a built up area...) so they never came along. But new OS, and buying the steam version, all is now well. :P

metarvo
Yep, that's exactly the thought. Narrow lots = more space. I'm looking into doing one where it is all 1x1 lots, but greenspace between each section. We'll see how it turns out... :)
And that is indeed Walmart! Part of their massive rollout through Holt. :P

SpeedbumpJoey
Glad you enjoyed it!

Gugu3
Thanks! Took a long time to get the area right... it has been a WIP for quite some time. :P

benedict
Thanks! It was planned to be a little more spectacular, but unfortunately RL got in my way significantly more than I expected this month. RL has an annoying tendency to do that. Nonetheless, hopefully everyone enjoyed!

Thanks For Visiting!
And thanks for the OSITM month, SC4D! It wasn't as spectacular as I had planned it to be, due to RL striking hardr than expected. But nonetheless, I hope you enjoyed it, and will continue following Holt through the rest of the year! :)

Join Simopsis today!
[/align]

Gugu3

vortext

time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

sim_link

Holt will be a little quiet for the next while.
So here are some pictures for you to stare at for a bit. :)

See you again in a bit!

Gugu3

Nanami

Looks very nice! that night shot just awesome!

sim_link

Welcome Back! Today we're taking a look at Manatee office buildings.
Nice to see everyone again! :)

A lot has changed in Manatee. This large office park has popped up, part of the intensification zone in the central portion of the region.

Lots of parking and large spaces between buildings help transition to nearby low-density.
Those baseball diamonds are surprisingly popular both at lunch and after work hours.

The tallest building in the development. It's pretty tall, and on an angle. An angle! How cool, eh?
Best thing since sliced bread.

Lots of building. Lots of parking. And some trees.

More buildings! These one house TD Canada Trust (Holt), Inc. And a bunch more just next to them.
Hey look, a power substation, too!

And now it's night time. Time for most to be home for sure. Those still working help light up the night sky.

Gugu3
Glad you think so! :)

vortex
Thanks. ;D I'm a sucker for night pics...

Gugu3
Thanks!

Thank You! :)

Thanks For Visiting!

Join Simopsis today!

FrankU

In a positive way: simple and effective! Very nice and thought through.  &apls
(simple looking things often have taken very much time and effort)

APSMS

I really like the way the office parks are spaced out, especially with the parking in between the high-rises. Reminds me of Orange County, CA.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

vortext

Great to see you back with some boring office parks, exactly as it should be!   :D :thumbsup:
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

SimCity V6

Very nice &apls. Can you possibly create one of those "town centers" in one of your suburban cities though  &idea? It would  be very excellent  &hlp.

romualdillo

WOW!!!  &apls I don't know exactly how Toronto looks like, but it should look so!!!  &apls