• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Empire Bay: Green Meadows

Started by RickD, February 03, 2012, 03:59:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nbvc

Fantastic industrial area and railway. &apls

Biriali

Great looking railways.
Also, I have to compliment you on your industrial area. I find that these areas are often the hardest to get realistic.
&apls
Nemo sobrius saltaret

kelis

Amazing industrial area my friend !! I really love the region view, your region has a perfect location between the mountains and the sea. Looking forward to future updates.

.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

FrankU

You have a very good sense of making plausible industrial areas. Wether they are realistic or not I cannot say anything.
But the stuff surely looks great!  &apls

noahclem

The industrial areas are looking great, once again inspiring  &apls  I'm also enjoying the rails. I feel like what RHW was to your old MD, rails are to the new one--though we'll see what he future holds  ;)

Kergelen

Great industrialization here.
I like the railyards, the trucks and the recycling center.
The whole area looks great &apls

Links to SC4 websites

WannGLondon

Amazingly realistic. Loving these industrial themed updates.
Call me Warren.

apeguy

Wow, Empire Bay's expansion has sped right up since the great fire. :o :o I love the industrial areas and the railyards. :thumbsup:

The Deltan Empire is here! Click the Banner to have a look! | Kanalka City, Capital of the Barrier Islands

PlayStation Network ID: theapeguy

metarvo

Nice job on the industrial zone, Rick.  For some reason, that junkyard really jumped out at me.  :thumbsup:
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Dantes

Your industrial area is already very impressive.  :thumbsup: I also like your scale grid for urban development. Impressive!  :satisfied:

Ol.S / Benoit

Impressive work ! :)
A lot of nice stuff, from the quarry to the junk yard :)
Benoit.
MD : Click on picture

Nanami

It's nice update! the junkyard picture is great!

threestooges

Very nice progress Rick. I love a good rail update, and this one certainly showed it off. There was plenty of it weaving around, but none of it really seemed to get in its way. Double tracks, single tracks, it all seemed to flow. Did you have it pre-planned or did it grow like that?
-Matt

Sciurus

Waow that's very very nice and realistic! I really like the first pic, a general view is always good to see all the installations! :)

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

RickD

Previously on Empire Bay:
The Empire Planning Commission has been founded in an effort to install a democratic government. But since Empire Mining still has the exclusive land use permission, the region is de facto still under company administration.

Building Up

Filmore Hall is Empire Bay's administrative center. It is also one of the few buildings not destroyed by the great fire.

However, it has become too small. So it was decided to build a new city hall. A whole block at the intersection of Broadway and Empire Avenue has been demolished to make room for it.

The new city hall is now the seat for the most important civic administrations.

Here is an overview of Empire Bay's administration:

Empire Planning Commission:
the regional government; all other government institutions have to report to the Commission; Head of the Commission is always the current director of the Empire Mining Corporation; he has a right to veto all decisions, making him the region's most powerful person

Empire Transportation Counsil:
responsible for all land-transportation in the region

Port Authority:
Manages the port and all ship traffic

Another notable new building is the market hall at the southern end of Filmore Park.

Farmers offer their fresh produce here every weekday from 7 am to 4 pm. On sundays the famous flower market is held.

The Empire Mining Corporation has decided to build a new headquarter in Empire Bay. A prestigious office tower will be constructed here at Broadway and Dock Road.

Carter Pewterschmidt is the current president of the Empire Mining Corporation. He took over the post from Jonathan Filmore who took responsibility for the lack of fire protection and resigned after the great fire.

The 38 story, 149 meters (489 ft) Pewterschmidt Tower is now the tallest building in Empire Bay.

A remarkable landmark and a sign of things to come.

Next on Empire Bay:
Some bigger reconstruction projects.

Replies:

Grneyes, nbvc, Biriali, kelis, Kergelen, WannGLondon, apeguy, metarvo, Dantes, Ol.S / Benoit, 976, Sciurus:
Thank you very much for the comments. :)

Quote from: art128 on July 08, 2012, 03:07:56 PM
Great looking update! All these industrial area are fantastic. Too bad the game doesn't allow smooth curves everywhere though. The overpass is definitely a good idea, I couldn't imagine all the traffic going through the six tracks and the street. (plus it looks more secure like that)
Thanks, Arthur. Had I build the area with smooth curves everywhere, it would be at least twice as large. My rule is to build the mainlines exclusively with smooth curves. I try to use them on the spurs and sidings, too, but it is not possible everywhere.

Quote from: FrankU on July 09, 2012, 06:36:11 AM
You have a very good sense of making plausible industrial areas. Wether they are realistic or not I cannot say anything.
But the stuff surely looks great!  &apls
Thank you. I think in a real industrial area, the factories would be spaced out more. Often, companies buy larger lots than they initially need to have room for expansion later. But not everything that is realistic, looks good in the game. The strange thing about SC4 is, that sometimes you have to make things unrealistic to make them appear realistic. I think it has to do with the scale proportions and the viewing angle in the game.

Quote from: noahclem on July 09, 2012, 09:20:32 AM
The industrial areas are looking great, once again inspiring  &apls  I'm also enjoying the rails. I feel like what RHW was to your old MD, rails are to the new one--though we'll see what he future holds  ;)
One thing I did not like about Santa Barbara was the lack of rails. Here I am trying to achieve a somewhat realistic development of the region over time. And in reality (at least in America) rails came before highways. And it was another couple of decades until the large freeways and interstates were built. But fear not, I have not lost interest in the RHW. In fact, I might be working on something right now. ;)

Quote from: threestooges on July 20, 2012, 11:02:55 PM
Very nice progress Rick. I love a good rail update, and this one certainly showed it off. There was plenty of it weaving around, but none of it really seemed to get in its way. Double tracks, single tracks, it all seemed to flow. Did you have it pre-planned or did it grow like that?
-Matt
Thanks, Matt. I usually have a general idea of how I want an area to look like and then I just try and see how everything fits together by trial and error. It involves a lot of building and bulldozing. This is also the reason why some updates take longer to be completed than others.  ::)
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

kelis

I really like this update, very creative my friend ! I like to see how your city is growing and building a new buildings, it is so real. Keep up the good work.

&apls &apls
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

Flatron

I like it! &apls &apls
The only thing that bothers me is the location of the office tower at the dirty docks. But I guess this will be a boardwalk in farer future?

Dantes

Really cool atmosphere  :thumbsup: "Aufbruchsstimmung"  :satisfied:

noahclem

Nice work with the new buildings  &apls  I'm very curious about these possible RHW plans....  ;D

Schulmanator

Awesome! Your latest stuff ROX! :D
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0