• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Empire Bay: Green Meadows

Started by RickD, February 03, 2012, 03:59:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sc-4

Nice reconstruction there.

I really like the 17.1 this picture shows how much you have mastered Sim City 4 !

Call me Ludo

nas-t

puh, i'm glad to see that the residents have taken lessons from the disaster and got professional firefighters now!  :)

nbvc

WannGLondon

Thought you might do this with Empire Bay. Looks great, love the look. You reeally captured the 1920's-30's look. Also love how the citizens have a day of memorium. So cool.
Call me Warren.

Dantes

I like the variety of building your city.  :) It looks great. :o  I like it so slow starts are now living the city.  &apls &apls &apls

marsh

Great work! It seems you wanted more of a skip in time :P The city is looking amazing. I have barely been on SC4D in the past months but this has given me a reason to start my visits again. Empire city is looking lovely. Very dense might I add. :)

apeguy

Excellent! ;D ;D I love how Empire Bay looks now, I see the people of Empire Bay didn't waste any time with re-building the town. It's also good to see there's a fire station now, as well as the new FUSS grid system in place. I can't wait to see how the town develops from here.

Nice work as always. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

The Deltan Empire is here! Click the Banner to have a look! | Kanalka City, Capital of the Barrier Islands

PlayStation Network ID: theapeguy

RickD

Previously on Empire Bay:
The town has been rebuilt after the great fire. A lot has changed.

The Waterfront

This is a historic photograph of Harbor Basin West from before the fire.

And here it is nowadays.

Another historic photograph, showing the industrial docks along Harbor Street. You can also see the old Main Street.

The industrial waterfront has been converted to a recreational area. Private and excursion boats land here. Main Street is now Empire Avenue.

The RMS Gigantic is the ship, the first settlers arrived with on Empire Island. It still travels between Empire Bay and Sim York six times a year.

This historic photo shows the northern waterfront along Seaside Road. Back then it was all industrial.

A recent aerial photography of the northern waterfront.

This is Pier One.

You will be surprised to learn that next to Pier 1 there is Pier 2. It is commonly called "Murphy Pier" as it is located at the end of Murphy Street. To the right you can see the Broadway Ferry.

The pier house at night. It is a popular spot for making marriage proposals.

Further along the waterfront.

This is the fishing port.

Here at Lobster Wharf you can buy the freshest seafood right from the fishing boats.

The small boats do not need to travel far out into the Ocean. The bay is rich of fish.

There is a hustle and bustle in the early morning hours.

Some boat owners offer affordable trips around the bay.

The harbor is well protected from the frequent storms. Being a fisher is a dangerous job. Dozens of boats are lost on sea every year.

Seaport Village is a row of excellent restaurants.

The sailboat is out of service and is a museum now.

The restaurant at Fisherman's Wharf offers delicious seafood at reasonable prices.

The larger trawlers land here. Fred's Fresh Fish Stand does not only have the best Matjesbrötchen(*) in town but on fridays you can also get 5 Eels for the price of 4.

(*)I have no idea how to translate this to english. It is kind of a salted herring served with onions on a bread roll. And I just can't get enough of it. :)

EBFD Boat 1. Yes, fire protection is being taken seriously in Empire Bay (now).

You should take a stroll along the waterfront on a beautiful summer night.

Next on Empire Bay:
The Industrial Docklands.

Replies:

sc-4, nas-t, nbvc, WannGLondon, Dantes, apeguy:
Thanks a lot. I am happy that you all like it.

Quote from: art128 on May 16, 2012, 02:55:30 AM
Nice work with the reconstruction works, Raphael!

The new layout of the town is excellent, I like it very much. The new recreational docks are a great addition, and will help the citizens to focus on their lives, instead of thinking too much about the fire.

The two area around both the city hall and the church are well made too.

Can't wait to see this city grows to a modern 50' city just like in Mafia II.  $%Grinno$%  :thumbsup:
Thanks, Arthur. And we will get there. I can imagine that the Mafia is very interested in taking over Empire Bay.  ;)

Quote from: marsh on May 19, 2012, 08:31:10 AM
Great work! It seems you wanted more of a skip in time :P The city is looking amazing. I have barely been on SC4D in the past months but this has given me a reason to start my visits again. Empire city is looking lovely. Very dense might I add. :)
Thank you marsh. It is good to see that I did not repel all old friends from Santa Barbara with my new start. ;)
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

WannGLondon

Wow, the then and now shots are such a cool idea. Gives me an idea for my MD ;) Love that beautiful waterfront of yours.
Call me Warren.

sc-4

Great update !
Very well organized !

Call me Ludo

nbvc

Fantasic work. The fishing port is my favorite. &apls &apls

Allein

Uzil

Very nice, I love your style  :)

noahclem

Great work with the redevelopment and your shoreline looks very nice  &apls

art128

Excellent work around the shoreline. I liked every pictures.
The fishing port was my favourite part.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Piterdaw1

Great work and great MD !  &apls Waterfornt is especially nice.

Gayowulf

Somebody please explain to me how I didn't find this MD before... anybody? No? Okay...

I love the historical approach to the region. Kind of takes on a life of its own when we get to see it grow from nothing. Though I can't for the life of me see how you have the patience to go into all that detail work when you're about to build right back over it again... ;) Can't wait to see what this spunky little town will build next!

Good to see that they've learned their lesson about fire! We always learn after the disaster, don't we? ;)
Goodness me, it's been a while.
Once upon a (very long) time (ago) I was working on Calidore: A Steampunk Experiment... maybe that will happen again someday.

If you're thinking I used to have a different name on here... I did. It still me!

apeguy

Another incredible update, the choice of building's you've used make the waterfront look perfect. &apls &apls

The Deltan Empire is here! Click the Banner to have a look! | Kanalka City, Capital of the Barrier Islands

PlayStation Network ID: theapeguy

Framly

Nice Waterfront! The fishing port looks especially great :thumbsup:

-klick-1st Anniversary Video-klick-
Part of SFBT and RFR Team

carlfatal

Hi Raphael,
i wasn´t active for some time, and now i´m ashamed that i´ve missed so much brilliant updates.
First thing is the railway line: The station layouts are very realistic, and the line itself is well traced out, i like that!
And how You play with seasonal stuff is stunning. I´ve tried it but i have to admit: i don´t have the passion for this.
Also the rebuilding of the town is worth to look to the pictures again and again, especially the area around the new church is a nice place.
Like marsh said: this is what SimCity should be!  :thumbsup:
Greetz, Carl