• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Empire Bay: Green Meadows

Started by RickD, February 03, 2012, 03:59:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MTT9

Just another awesome update from yours... Can't wait for that next big step!!!

Matt
You can call me Matt

Kergelen

Fantastic railways.
I love the work you are doing with the entire region and the large spaces that crosses the train &apls &apls
Really great region.

Links to SC4 websites

ladybug

Woooow!!  :o :o
absolutely amazing! The scenery is perfect, I love to travel and imagined how wonderful it would be traveling on that train. Waiting for more.  :thumbsup:

rooker1

Great rail tour. 
Looks very believable and realistic. 
Great work.

Robin  &apls
Call me Robin, please.

Framly

what a nice trip...l'd like to buy a ticket for the next tour ;)

Fantastic shots and beautiful nature around :thumbsup:

I also like the small snow-effect. Fits perfect ;)

-klick-1st Anniversary Video-klick-
Part of SFBT and RFR Team

Ol.S / Benoit

I was not prepared and fell of my chair.... :) That was a really nice trip, I love that kine of update ! :)
Little detail, I love the rock quarry... I still have the project to make a fat one BTW... :)
Benoit.
MD : Click on picture

bat

Wonderful work on that update! And great views of the railway. :thumbsup:

nas-t

RickD

Just a little update today, so you won't forget me. ;)

I am not making much progress at the moment. My game keeps on crashing every 10-20 minutes and it takes ages to load again. It is especially bad when it crashes during saving because I have to restore a backup then. Sometimes I don't even have time to rebuild everything I lost before the next crash.  :'(

Anyway, I needed to get away from the game for a while to calm my temper. So I figured I'll make a little map.

Previously on Empire Bay:
The new railroad provides a much faster, comfortable, and cheaper connection between Empire Region and Simnation than ships.

Highway Planning

The Empire Transportation Council (ETC), responsible for transportation infrastructure planning, presented its proposal for a region wide highway system today:

The backbone of the whole network is the proposed Simnation Highway 23. It will traverse the region in east/west direction with it's western terminus in Empire Bay and connect to the national highway system 380 kilometers to the east.

All larger water crossings will be done by ferry. There will be three of them along SH23. Bridges are considered too expensive and the expected traffic volume will not warrant them yet.
The Council's plan includes a 25% tax on ferry fares to finance the project.

Several Regional Routes will branch off SH23, providing access to all settlements in the region. The Empire Routes are numbered in order of to their construction priority (1 = highest).

The proposal is now being debated over by the Empire Planning Commission. Your input is welcome. :)

Next on Empire Bay:
The logging industry is expanding in order to supply the region with construction materials.

Replies:

art128, apeguy, WannGLondon, emmotic, Kergelen, ladybug, rooker1, Framly, bat, nas-t:
Thank you for all the nice comments. :)

Quote from: Paul 999 on April 13, 2012, 08:35:54 AM
Verry good update! I think that you had a lot off work on the surrounding area of the rail line, i looks spectacular.

This big project can boost the economic of this little country! I am looking forward to the next big project.
It sure will. ;)

Quote from: noahclem on April 13, 2012, 11:38:56 AM
Spectacular work Raphael  &apls &apls

The rail line is fantastically crafted and your work with MMPs and photoshopping is phenomenal! Really top notch. It's funny, I remember you saying earlier in this MD that you didn't know how to make landscapes like some of the masters--and I think you've now proved yourself wrong  ;D
Haha, thanks. I guess I have improved. But on the other hand, with those new ploppable items it is probably harder to make an ugly scene than a nice one.  $%Grinno$%

Quote from: benedict on April 13, 2012, 02:42:35 PM
You've done a fantastic job of evoking the major railway projects of countries like the US and Russia - just spectacular scenery that is best viewed by train. I also like the names you have - things like Frostlake and Frosthelm (make me think of Winterfell in A Song of Fire and Ice).
Thanks, Ben. It is indeed one of my inspirations. I listen to the audiobooks on my work commute.

Quote from: Ol.S / Benoit on April 17, 2012, 09:29:08 AM
I was not prepared and fell of my chair.... :) That was a really nice trip, I love that kine of update ! :)
Little detail, I love the rock quarry... I still have the project to make a fat one BTW... :)
I am still working on the quarry. It will be featured in a future update. It will be interesting to compare our results. ;)
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

WannGLondon

So cool, love how you plan these things  ;D
Call me Warren.

Flatron

I really like how you develop the region &apls It is all so well thought and just looks great in a way that makes it very fascinating. I am impressed by the story you made up around it because this brings the CJ alive. :thumbsup:

noahclem

That's a very nice road plan Raphael  &apls  I don't have a lot of other feedback to give you on that. I hope that eventually there is enough traffic for bridges and I have a feeling that when you reach that point Dukesport might end up somewhat sidelined. But that's a story for another day I suppose....

I should say, and perhaps should've said in Siilijoki, that the great landscapes you've made here helped to push me to try the Appalachian Terrain Mod. It just fits so perfectly with your city, your story, and your flora. And I feel the same way as you about how awesome the new flora is!!!!!

Kergelen

As I said before I like how you are developing the entire region.
Great map &apls

Links to SC4 websites

kelis

Great proposal ! The ER9 and the ER10 for sure will be a fantastic highways in the middle of the mountains. I can't wait to see them.

# Jonathan
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

sc-4

Very nice MD and very nice map there !

Call me Ludo

Paul 999

You'll probably know, I love it :P

Am looking forward to the pictures. I have only one suggestion, i think that 2x2 lanes probably is to much for this little country. You can also make motorways whit for 2x1 or 2+1 lanes and space reservation. Anyway, success!  ;)

solsystem

Wonderful update. The lakeshore, rail line and harbour looks fantastic!  &apls &apls

kbieniu7

Ferry connections on highways is really interesting idea. Drivers could take a little brake and enjoy the landscape :P However, what traffic intensity is expected and what is the capacity of those connections  ;D

What I have seen in your previous update is simply breathtaking! Lucky 13 - picture no. 13.13 is my favourite ;)
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

RickD

Previously on Empire Bay:
The recently completed railway has added more fuel to Empire Bay's growth.

Night shots, Lumber Dock and Jail

I don't believe I have shown many night shots yet:

The town at night.

The harbor at night.

Ok, that was the fun part. Let's get back to work now. The growing town needs more building materials, especially lumber.

See the unused space at east harbor? This is the location for the new lumber dock. Ships coming from the Bright Falls Lumber Mill (see Update 7) will be unloaded here.

Under construction.

Here is the finished dock.

A closer look.

I hope Nardo69 does not see this triple-level crossing. ?$%kar&%h My excuse is that there is not much traffic and the freight trains are very slow here (15 km/h speed limit throughout the harbor).

And now on to the second task for todays update.

A jail has been built at East Harbor (on the left side of the picture).

Empire Bay is still a rough place to live in. The Empire Mining Co. doesn't ask many questions when hiring people for the hard and low-paid work in the mines and at the docks. This attracts many shady characters.
With the region under the administration of the Mining Corporation, there is no federal police. Law and order is maintained by company thugs security personell. Only serious criminals are brought to Simnation for trial. Everyday crimes like fist fights, robbery and blackmailing are usualy punished with a few days in jail. The company needs all the workers they can get. It would be a financial loss to put them in prison for too long.

Next on Empire Bay:
Nothing will be the same again.

Replies:

WannGLondon, Flatron, Kergelen, sc-4, solsystem:
I am very happy about your comments. Keep 'em coming. ;)

Quote from: noahclem on April 30, 2012, 01:22:54 PM
That's a very nice road plan Raphael  &apls  I don't have a lot of other feedback to give you on that. I hope that eventually there is enough traffic for bridges and I have a feeling that when you reach that point Dukesport might end up somewhat sidelined. But that's a story for another day I suppose....

I should say, and perhaps should've said in Siilijoki, that the great landscapes you've made here helped to push me to try the Appalachian Terrain Mod. It just fits so perfectly with your city, your story, and your flora. And I feel the same way as you about how awesome the new flora is!!!!!
That is too much praise.  Yes, I too think that Dukesport will have a problem when the Highways are upgraded. But that is what happended to many real life towns.

Quote from: kelis on April 30, 2012, 06:57:28 PM
Great proposal ! The ER9 and the ER10 for sure will be a fantastic highways in the middle of the mountains. I can't wait to see them.

# Jonathan
Thanks. I can't wait for building these roads. ;)

Quote from: Paul 999 on May 01, 2012, 02:22:27 AM
You'll probably know, I love it :P

Am looking forward to the pictures. I have only one suggestion, i think that 2x2 lanes probably is to much for this little country. You can also make motorways whit for 2x1 or 2+1 lanes and space reservation. Anyway, success!  ;)

Paul, you are stealing my ideas.  :P The first highways will be well built 2x1 or 2+1 roads indeed. It will take a while until a full blown freeway is needed.

Quote from: kbieniu7 on May 04, 2012, 03:17:09 AM
Ferry connections on highways is really interesting idea. Drivers could take a little brake and enjoy the landscape :P However, what traffic intensity is expected and what is the capacity of those connections  ;D

What I have seen in your previous update is simply breathtaking! Lucky 13 - picture no. 13.13 is my favourite ;)
Thank you! I can understand that ferries on highways seem unusual. I would have thought the same until my Norway trip last year. There it is perfectly normal. This is roughly the route we took and there are 6 Ferries along E-Highways. But it indeed is relaxing (and expensive). :p
My region is still small, and the story is set in the past (I don't communicate this much, though). We are now probably in the early 1920s. Don't worry, bridges will come. You won't see me building a freeway or interstate with ferry connections.
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

sc-4

The night shots are just great , and I really like your harbor , it got a very good organization!

Call me Ludo